First Look: Redesigned Guide Menu and Dailies Guide News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Look: Redesigned Guide Menu and Dailies Guide News

Road to Pandaria Part 1 | Road to Pandaria Part 2 | Road to Pandaria Part 3 | Road to Pandaria Part 4 | Road to Pandaria Part 5

Road to Pandaria Part 2

GUIDE MENU REDESIGN
    We're back again with Part 2 of our Road to Pandaria series where we offer you a first look at some of the changes coming in our next major guide release. Zygor Guides 4.0 will be a harmonious blend of form and function, balancing both aesthetic improvements and powerful new features.

The core of Zygor Guides 4.0 is the newly designed theme called "Stealth". You've probably already seen this style reflected in some of our branding and new logo.

This new design isn't so much a departure of the "Midnight" theme found in Zygor Guides 3.0 as much as an evolution of what worked before. Our newly designed Guide Menu (see screenshots) is a perfect example of that, retaining what you've come to love about the Zygor addon but cleaning up interface and extending its usefulness. One of the key new features is the Recent Guide links, which let you jump to where you last left across multiple guide types.

stealth_menu_1.jpg
    stealth_menu_2.jpg

We'll be revealing more info and screenshots about Zygor Guides 4.0 in the coming weeks.

DAILIES AND EVENTS GUIDES
    Last week we announced that our Leveling and Loremaster guides would be fully updated, tested, and ready for you to use the moment the Mists of Pandaria servers go live. Well we're please to announce that our Dailies and Events guide have also reached the same status and will be fully updated and functional for both Alliance and Horde when the game releases September 25th. This information should address any concerns customers may have about the state of these guides when pre-ordering or upgrading.
    Zygor Guides Creative Director

First reaction, to the JPGs was "WoW.
    I like that intro screen.
    It'd be nice to see a shot of what the individual steps / the most used part of the interface looks like.

Comment

looking good. Glad i paid already.

Comment

I'm pretty stoked about the new look.

Comment

WOW <<< Not talking game here. This is what you have presented this day. The pics are fantastic, to say the least. Now that you have dangled the carrot, do not leave us drooling over here!!! We want to see MORE!!!

Thanks for all you do.

Comment

Sweet, definately appeals to my dark side. Count me impressed, not that I'd expect any less from you guys. Four years of satisfaction so far, long may it continue.

Comment

I would like to see more of the previous guides effectiveness. Looks are not as important to me personally. Right now I find myself too often doing quests in the same area, killing same mobs several times. The old WOTLK guide was more consolidated. And the function of the guide automatically going to the point you were at before, skipping all the done quests was also very useful, I am not sure why it was removed. Quite often, with the guild perks and boa items I end up finishing the 80-85 zones' quests faster and want to return to farm for some additional gold, but have to click and click to get to the point I was at. WOTLK guide did that automatically at a push of a button.

Comment

Boristheblade1st, the guides should still do something similar for you. If you've done part of a guide and then go back and load it up again it should skip the quests and steps you've already done. If it doesn't just right click the next step button to start the fast forward.
                My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I like how the recent guies screen shots looks like it will be now. I would have the problem when switching between various man categories (like dailies, my leveling, or an event) and there weren't enough "recent guide" slots to keep going between them all as easily. It wasn't only a minor inconvenience, but this looks like it will solve that problem. Having it show the recent guide for each main category section is awesome. Thank you!

~ Beth

Comment

Just a hint for you Beth, you can adjust the recent guide slots up to 15. Go into your guide viewer settings and on the Window page scroll to the bottom and you should see a slider for the history. Adjust that up to 15 and you'll now have 15 slots in the Recent section.
                    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Love the new looks . Can we expect more functionality too? Like "the other guide" did with sticky guides, shortest way to reach a new destination by using portals, hearth stones, teleporting rings, boots or tabards? Your programming skills are the best, I know you guys can come up with something awesome too. I get the feeling that "the other guide" keeps getting better and better, and we can't have that now, can we? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Atruehero View Post
                        Love the new looks . Can we expect more functionality too? Like "the other guide" did with sticky guides, shortest way to reach a new destination by using portals, hearth stones, teleporting rings, boots or tabards? Your programming skills are the best, I know you guys can come up with something awesome too. I get the feeling that "the other guide" keeps getting better and better, and we can't have that now, can we? lol
                        Expect a flurry of new functionality. All will be revealed soon... :-D
                        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                        http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

This was the second guide i upgraded, I kinda like the Midnight theme, but I love how you guys are having more themes to your guides. My next guide, I have to actually purchase the professions and achievements horde guide...30 bucks aint bad really =) working on making sure I have all ur guides you have to offer, already upgraded pets and mounts, dailies and events, and then your leveling and loremaster =)
                          I make videos on youtube! Check em out, gaming videos mostly, and got my video testimonials for zygor stuff there!
                          [URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/Onyxangel24"]http://www.youtube.com/user/Onyxangel24[/URL]

Comment

Great new look. Looking forward to the MoP release!

Comment

I am sooo excited about it
                              I make videos on youtube! Check em out, gaming videos mostly, and got my video testimonials for zygor stuff there!
                              [URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/Onyxangel24"]http://www.youtube.com/user/Onyxangel24[/URL]

Comment

Working...
                              X