Profession Guides.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Profession Guides.

Ok i might be wrong! But i have only seen a Inscription guide when i bought my horde 1-80 guide.

Is there or will there be a Profession leveling guide for in game? I know there is loads online and i have used them to get 450 JC and 450 Engi.

Just would make things easier, and lets face it much easier to understand if it was made by Zybor.

Such as;

Make 20 Linen Cloth. (0/20) [so they can go back once they have the right amount of linen]

and for higher levels ones

Make 5 "This Item"
    or
    Make 5 "That Item"

If there are guides for every profession sorry i prob didn't look hard enough.

They will be coming in the Gold & Professions guide, but no release date yet. I'm not sure if they're in-game or through PDF, so we'll find out when they are released!
    It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Also, Zygor had originally wanted to have the Gold & Professions guides released before Cataclysm but has recently said that the released for the guides were being pushed back until after Cataclysm so the team can focus on getting the currently existing guides updated for Cataclysm.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

To be honest as mich as I'm looking forward to the Gold & Profession guide, it actually makes more sense to wait until after Cata. That way they won't have to worry about any changes that the expansion may cause with that guide.

Hoping this will make it even better when it does releaase.

Comment

In the latest config box for the guides (in-game), the gold guide is listed as a sign of things to come. On a guess, with Cataclysm coming in November, I will say Winter Quarter 2011 (Jan-Mar). Blizzard will undoubtedly look to be fishing the kinks out of Cata release to early Jan 2011, so John will have to keep up on the leveling guide until that point.

Be patient, Blizzard keeps its secrets close and so we will have to wait.
          My avatar is an actual photo of me. Nice or ugly?

Comment

When it does come out will it be a separate purchase? Or for those of us that purchased the complete package will it be an update from a inscription package to a full professions package?

Comment

It will be a separate guide and purchase just like the Dailies guides are separate from the Leveling guides.
              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Expenses

Hi all,

I bought the Zygor leveling guide like 1 year back. Then I quit Wow for a while and was pleasant surprised after i came back.
                The guide really has made some huge improvements! I love the way it looks in game its so easy to follow.
                I do however have some suggestions, not sure if they are possible.

1) About the professions guides, I read about it being possibly a pdf I'd say that would not make it very appealable since there are plenty of free "off game" guides in the net. I used a few of them and i must say the alt tabbing is annoying enough for me not to buy a off game guide. Also I hope the Professions guide won't cost as much as the leveling guide, not like its so expensive but considering the costs and the possibility for free guides it still needs to stay attractive. So I'm quite curious to see what will happen here.

2) As most of you know most people don't quest alone, it would be nice if you there was a possibility to set the guide on the amount of quest members. I'm playing with a couple of friends, so mostly we have a team of 5 members. And when I follow the guide then because of the shared exp it just does not fit

3) What i missed especially at the quest the Den Mother, she is one hell of a powerfull enemy...a lvl 19 bear with 5 cup lvl 17 around her. I was lvl 19 when i did it and read it was a lvl 17 quest. And no way I managed to kill it alone. So I asked a friend to help me in the end. But I believe that quest belongs to the skip impossible steps. Or should say it was a group quest.

Well that's it for now Hope its any good.

Comment

Originally posted by chibichiii View Post
                  1) About the professions guides, I read about it being possibly a pdf I'd say that would not make it very appealable since there are plenty of free "off game" guides in the net. I used a few of them and i must say the alt tabbing is annoying enough for me not to buy a off game guide. Also I hope the Professions guide won't cost as much as the leveling guide, not like its so expensive but considering the costs and the possibility for free guides it still needs to stay attractive. So I'm quite curious to see what will happen here.
                  I am 99.99% sure it will be an ingame guide. I do know this is possible to do ingame. But we'll have to see what comes with the gold guide after Cata. But lets face it, this is Zygor Guides. I dont think we will have anything less than superiority.

2) As most of you know most people don't quest alone, it would be nice if you there was a possibility to set the guide on the amount of quest members. I'm playing with a couple of friends, so mostly we have a team of 5 members. And when I follow the guide then because of the shared exp it just does not fit
                  This is a good point, but as you are aware, Im sure, this is designed and advertised as a solo leveling guide.

3) What i missed especially at the quest the Den Mother, she is one hell of a powerfull enemy...a lvl 19 bear with 5 cup lvl 17 around her. I was lvl 19 when i did it and read it was a lvl 17 quest. And no way I managed to kill it alone. So I asked a friend to help me in the end. But I believe that quest belongs to the skip impossible steps. Or should say it was a group quest.

Well that's it for now Hope its any good.
                  That one is difficult to do, especially for a clothie or a rogue. There are a couple quests in that area I just skip, with no damage done to leveling ability.

Play styles are pretty unique, and this guide is the best at allowing us players to go off-guide and enjoy the game as we see fit with the SIS ability; playing with your group comes to mind. If you are getting less xp from kills getting your quests done, you should consider changing your game play to accommodate the changes you have done, such as kill a few more mobs while you are there. Mind you, this is pretty much pre level 20, I'd say, as the there are plenty of quests and xp to be gotten without relying on kill xp.

There are ways to enjoy all aspects of WoW while keeping the guide useful to you. You just need to tweak what you are doing a bit to let that happen.
                  "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Originally posted by wowvern View Post
                    In the latest config box for the guides (in-game), the gold guide is listed as a sign of things to come. On a guess, with Cataclysm coming in November, I will say Winter Quarter 2011 (Jan-Mar). Blizzard will undoubtedly look to be fishing the kinks out of Cata release to early Jan 2011, so John will have to keep up on the leveling guide until that point.

Be patient, Blizzard keeps its secrets close and so we will have to wait.
                    Blizzard had officially announced that Cataclysm will be released this year. Also with the CE announced it means it is coming out very shortly.

Comment

I fully support the introduction of a Professions Guide. Currently I am using the Regahr addon, which has proven helpful for the secondary professions, but seems to be lacking anything else but Engineering.

I can wait for it until after the Cataclysm updates are applied to the existing guides. Definitely include a guide for destroying Deathwing - it will be crucial!

Comment

Working...
                      X