OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Account Hacked (Not due to Zygor's Guide)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah i got my account keylogged, i was playing and i saw someone put up a site <<<DO NOT GO THERE...so i went there and an hour later i was logged off....so it made sense, i changed my PW immedietly i looked at my email and it said my pw was changed....thank god the loser didnt delete my character, he had also made a character for himself.....IF YOU SEE THAT SITE DO NOT GO TO IT!!.

Comment

This has happened to me as well not to long ago. First off it was spammers that were getting onto my account, then all of a sudden GOLD FARMERS!!! Yes it is true, Gold Farmers were on my account. I changed password on those people and guess what? You guessed it, over 20,000 gold still on my account on one character. Its not on the server that I play on, but still...

Comment

Originally posted by caseyferguson View Post
        This has happened to me as well not to long ago. First off it was spammers that were getting onto my account, then all of a sudden GOLD FARMERS!!! Yes it is true, Gold Farmers were on my account. I changed password on those people and guess what? You guessed it, over 20,000 gold still on my account on one character. Its not on the server that I play on, but still...
        So create a DK on that server if the toons not high enough, give him the money and transfer it for 25 bucks to your server

anyway i can't stress enough on how important it is to use an authenticator. The day they released i purchased a couple of them and had no problems since. I never have been hacked in the years of playing so i got lucky. But the authenticator added that extra level of support. I was going to order another one for someones account but i'll give them mine now that i know i can use my iphone I wonder when they released is as i remember several months ago they where only for other phones.

Anyway, if you can order one please suggest it to everyone you come in contact with.

Comment

The Authenticator is a keychain looking fob that gives you code to enter when you log in. It is sold on the blizzard website for $6.50, free shipping.

It is pretty cheap considering the decrease in security from blizzard to battle.net.

Im not working on my toons to have some slimball steal them or my hard-earned gold.
          "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

so why did you go to a site where you were warned not to go? and presunably it had a fake battlenet logon screen? That was just pure dumb tbh.

And yeah, EVERYONE should get an authenticator. Very cheap, very easy to use and stops hacking cold.

Comment

The advantage of the Authenticator for me, is that my partner plays the game also and i was able to add my authenticator to her account. 2 accounts secure for the price of £4.99

Comment

I'm still waiting on my 2 to come in the mail.

Lol i'm so nervous during these days of this "Account Hacking" epidemic.
                I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

Originally posted by sonalita View Post
                  so why did you go to a site where you were warned not to go? and presunably it had a fake battlenet logon screen? That was just pure dumb tbh.

And yeah, EVERYONE should get an authenticator. Very cheap, very easy to use and stops hacking cold.
                  Accidents happen. Hackers are scum that prey on what used to be called 'sight-of-hand' before the digital age. We ALL can be fooled and be taken to a well designed hacker site.

To avoid these loosers, do not go to anything that is not officially Blizzard; meaning if you cant get to it from their site, or are given directions to use any site but Blizzards, dont go.

I for one was given a whisper that my account would be banned if I didnt respond to 'www.blizzord.net' within one hour. LOL

Since my system is set to catch fishing sites, I brought it up.... YEP! punk site for hacking my account.

Their play is on authentic looking activity with fear as a motivator. That is how 99% of the hacking is done.

1) Dont use anything that is not Blizzard
                  2) Dont give anyone your information.... any information. If its Blizzard, they have it already.
                  3) Get the authenticator and use it. You get a companion pet when you set it up on your account.
                  "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

It is still possible to get mobile authenticators not only for iPhones, I got mine for Nokia, and I think it can be done for most of mobile phones here : https://us.battle.net/account/suppor...h-download.xml .

Comment

They list almost every single brand of phone that you can check to see if they have the software for it, the downfall is they only support about a half dozen brands and then not even every phone for those brands. They also only get it to you if you're with 1 of only 4 carriers. This makes it even more difficult for people like me who use a more local carrier so I don't have to pay outrageous fees.
                      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I tried to order the authenticator yesterday and it said some error happened. Next time I logged out of WoW, my account could no longer be found when I tried to login on either www.worldofwarcraft.com or www.blizzard.com. It ended up finding my account but only after a while. I also couldn't login to the game again. It kept saying the login server was busy for about an hour. It was very early server time and not after a patch so that was odd to me. I don't know if that was a coincidence or what but... :S Anyone ever heard of it doing that or know why it may have done that? I think I'm gonna try again now but I'm a bit nervous.

Edit: Ok, tried it again - it went through just fine, I can login to the game, and the site sees my account. I, too, have been getting paranoid about my account getting hacked. I've been working really hard on leveling my toons and don't want someone coming along and wiping that all away. Thanks for mentioning the authenticator. I wouldn't have paid much attention to it even if I saw it on the official site. Only after reading this thread did I see how important and reliable they are.
                        Last edited by crownedwithgrace; December 18, 2009, 08:16 AM. Reason: Added info
                        80 Tauren Hunter - 75 Blood Elf Paladin - 54 Tauren Druid - 47 Undead Mage - 25 Dwarf Paladin - 26 Human Mage

Comment

That kind of behavior would be expected if Blizzard had to take down the log in server for some maintenance, or if it crashed. The website and the game both use the same system so it would affect both.
                          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

yep

got an email notifying me my password was changed..within 5 minutes I had reset my passwords, and sure enough i had 10 new characters on 10 different servers and my characters were just gone. I downloaded the phone authenticator, its free. Hopefully i get my crap back.

Comment

Good luck, normally you should get everything back.

As the Battlenet login name is the e-mail address I recommend using an address that you normally not use. And always use a good password.
                              When using the mobile authenticator remember to disconnect it from the account before updating the OS of the phone. Many iPhone users have the problem that they can't access their account after updating.
                              I ordered the authenticator when they switched to the Battlenet login and I became aware of how much time I spent to get my characters to where they are now.

Comment

Cartman: True
                                Before, on iPhone, if you restored from backup, you got the same ID on youre phone and everything worked.
                                But after the latest upgrades (not shure if its because of iOS4 or the bliz upgrade to the app) you gets an different ID even if you restore from backup.

I guess the same is true for the other platforms.

I learned this the hard way, I hacked myself out
                                Had to send email and call Bliz support, because if you mess up the authenticator, they only take real ID card as proof.

Comment

Working...
                                X