• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Main horde 20-25 (step 4)

Suddenly there was an error LUA
    When I scrolled to step forward, he moved directly from 4 to 64
    Had a different error:

Message: Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Goal.lua:516: bad argument #2 to 'format' (string expected, got no value)
    Time: 09/29/10 16:15:39
    Count: 77
    Stack: (tail call): ?
    [C]: in function `format'
    Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Goal.lua:516: in function `GetText'
    ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:959: in function `UpdateFrame'
    ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:623: in function <...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesView er.lua:533>
    (tail call): ?
    [C]: ?
    [string "safecall Dispatcher[2]"]:9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[2]"]:5>
    Interface\AddOns\Ace3\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:164: in function <Interface\AddOns\Ace3\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:138>

Locals: (*temporary) = 0.019000001251698
    (*temporary) = nil
    (*temporary) = nil
    (*temporary) = <function> defined =[C]:-1
    Message: Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Goal.lua:516: bad argument #2 to 'format' (string expected, got no value)
    Time: 09/29/10 16:44:39
    Count: 1
    Stack: [C]: ?
    [C]: in function `format'
    ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:959: in function `UpdateFrame'
    ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:434: in function `FocusStep'
    ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:368: in function `SetGuide'
    ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:304: in function `OnFirstQuestLogUpdate'
    ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:3195: in function `OnGuidesLoaded'
    ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:3171: in function `Startup'
    ...\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewerFram e.lua:511: in function <...\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewerFra me.lua:507>
    Locals:
    Help please!

Most LUA errors are caused by a conflict between Zygor Guides and another addon. First suggestion would be to make sure all other addons you have are updated. After that if the problem still persists disable your other addons one by one to narrow down which one is in conflict. At that point you could maybe revert back to an older version of that addon to try a fix, or maybe even not use that addon if it isn't a really important one to you.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

error

disabled all addons, again error

Time: 09/29/10 19:59:21
      Count: 280
      Stack: [C]: in function `format'
      ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:623: in function <...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesView er.lua:533>
      [C]: ?
      [string "safecall Dispatcher[2]"]:9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[2]"]:5>
      ...ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:164: in function <...ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:138>

Locals: (*temporary) = "Nehmen Sie %s %s"
      (*temporary) = "Blood Shard"
      (*temporary) = "string expected, got no value"

language of my client's German

Comment

Ok, if it's still giving errors with all other addons disabled then I have to leave this to the actual programming gurus here. ZG Support or zgdev should be along before too terribly long and will hopefully have a better answer for you.

Just to be sure, you have updated the guides themselves to the latest version?

Comment

ZG - 2.0.1.1327
          on how much I have a European account WoW (play on German servers ) have tried to see whether this error on other servers with other languages, for example on Russian servers the same error

Comment

Yeah, that's out of my league and I'll have to let one of the Zygor team take over with helping on this problem.

Comment

I just tested it and got no error on that step (I moved the guide forward an a lower level character that does not have that quest so it may not show up).

The other thing you mentioned that the guide is skipping from step 4 to 64 is OK, there are many class specific steps for warloc and shaman there (if you click the icon to show all steps you can see that).

Comment

Working...
              X