Question gold guide [When is the gold guide released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question gold guide [When is the gold guide released

I was wondering if u could tell me when the gold guide is going to be released i am just really exited about it i cant wait :]

Originally posted by gianni820 View Post
    I was wondering if u could tell me when the gold guide is going to be released i am just really exited about it i cant wait :]
    Don't expect it anytime soon, there are still quite a few bugs and kinks that Zygor and his team still need to fix.

Personally, I wouldn't expect it for 3+ months.

Comment

It might not be quite that long, but Zygor will not give any ETA on the release date so all we can do is guess and wait. Since trying to guess a time frame isn't the right thing to do and post (don't want to get anyone mad because the guide isn't out when we guessed it would be), all we really can do is wait and have some patience.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

The gold guide is on hold for now. With Cataclysm, it became very easy to make gold (at least for now). So, we're determining whether an actual gold guide is necessary at this point. We believe there are other areas that currently require much more step-by-step guidance, such as Achievements and Professions - which will also make you a lot of gold naturally.

More than likely, we'll be creating those guides next. If we create a gold guide, we don't want it to be just the same old rehashed information every other gold guide has, we want it to be good. It has to feel like a Zygor product, or we won't be happy with it.

With that said, we do have an idea for something that has never been done before. It's still in the baby stages, so we can't say anything more than that. :-(

With dailies, dungeons, and gathering professions, you can make a ton of gold from those alone. We cover dailies and dungeons are self explanatory, so that only leaves professions to be covered - and those will be covered in the Professions guide. Unless you're wanting just a farming guide? Hmm, what problems are you having while making gold, where do you run into a wall? Thanks.
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Better way to get gold

I know this is an old tread but. I am having issues getting any gold to make it worth wild. I have mining and engineering. I must be doing something wrong because cannot get higher than 600 gold. It really sucks. I need advice on where and how to get the most gold. This is the most frustrating part of this game. I am lvl 79 and cannot buy anything good.

Comment

If you want to make money then don't try to do any engineering. I'd suggest dropping the engineering and replacing it with herbalism. Then just go out and gather up ore and herbs and sell them in the AH. These two items are normally good selling items on almost every server. You won't get rich over night, but with selling the stuff on the AH you should be able (once you have them maxed) to be able to bring in 500-1000g per week pretty easy, and depending on the server economy you might make that per day.

Also, if you have the Dailies guides do the pre-requisites for the Gold Run no ATG and then start running those dailies every day. The Gold Run no ATG should net you about 300g per run and it only takes an hour or two per run. Will take longer the first few times thru it but as you do it more and more it will become faster and you'll get down to closer to 1 hour to run it. 300g for an hour of play time per day really isn't that bad I don't think.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

The problem with running the ATG for an < 85 is the gold given is lessened due to XP still being provided.
              There really isnt more you should be doing than getting that toon to 85. Even if you sell nothing but ore or bars, Elementium and Pyrite is far more valuable than cobalt or saronite.
              Get your toon to 85 first, then run some ATG dailies and farm for ore. You'll be happy you did.
              "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

The ore prices vary greatly from server to server, I made 1600 gold yesterday by selling 20 stacks of cobalt ore. With obsidium or elementium I would have only made half the gold.
                Also frostweave may be a good thing to farm, on my server frostweave costs about 5 gold while embersilk costs only 1.40 gold. Frostweave bags cost over 150 gold...

Comment

Another question is, what are you spending gold on? If you're buying gear from the AH, you are probably spending alot of money that could be saved for other things like epic mounts. I'll sometimes check the AH to see if there's a bargain out there, but primarily for lower players (below lvl 30-35). My higher toons end up with decent gear simply by questing and random dungeons...

If you really want to make coin though, drop both skinning and engineering, get herbalism and inscription... can't say for sure on your server/faction, but on mine, it makes easy gold... I've had 2,000 gold days and I haven't even tweaked it yet. (I've been working the toon up and gathering the herbs and doing the inscription for his level - and then stopping when I max it... so I've just been doing what gets him leveled... but once he's max, then I'm going to go back and take a serious look at it - look for which glyphs are most recommdended and then look how many are being sold on the AH - target a few niches... use a little of my marketing skills... lol

Good luck with it!
                  * Signature to be Updated at a later time *

Comment

Working...
                  X