OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cata purchasing questions - confusion...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cata purchasing questions - confusion...

Hi, I purchased the alli & horde leveling 1 - 80 last summer for 60.00- Now i see that its 1 - 85 for 60.00 - but I"ve received an email to get just the cata update from 80 - 85 for $30.00. That doesn't sound quite right to me considering I've already paid 60.00 whereas a new customer can do the same - so I would pay an additional 30.00 for the same features? Am I just reading something wrong here or is that indeed correct? Just want to make sure before I hand over any more of my money - TY : )

Originally posted by icecold11 View Post
    Hi, I purchased the alli & horde leveling 1 - 80 last summer for 60.00- Now i see that its 1 - 85 for 60.00 - but I"ve received an email to get just the cata update from 80 - 85 for $30.00. That doesn't sound quite right to me considering I've already paid 60.00 whereas a new customer can do the same - so I would pay an additional 30.00 for the same features? Am I just reading something wrong here or is that indeed correct? Just want to make sure before I hand over any more of my money - TY : )
    It is indeed correct.
    At the time of your purchase you were guaranteed 1-80 updates for all WOTLK stuff for free.
    You were not guaranteed 80-85 or the goblin/worgen guides that came with CATA.

Think of Zygor guides as WoW, you get free updates for WoW as long as you are a subscriber, however, you have to pay for any upgrades (Expansions) they release.

Comment

I dont have a problem with that - my problem comes in the fact that IF i was a new customer I would pay the exact same price- so therefore I'm penalized because I"ve been a customer for awhile - while new customers get the product for 30.00 less? Def not fair lol - but no worries - I"ll level on my own, sorry zygor not giving another 30.00 as a penalty because I'm a long standing customer I work in customer service for a very large cell phone company - this is def not the way to keep customers Thank you for your guide to lvl 80 though - I used it on one out of 7 of my 80's - worked pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by icecold11 View Post
        I dont have a problem with that - my problem comes in the fact that IF i was a new customer I would pay the exact same price- so therefore I'm penalized because I"ve been a customer for awhile - while new customers get the product for 30.00 less? Def not fair lol - but no worries - I"ll level on my own, sorry zygor not giving another 30.00 as a penalty because I'm a long standing customer I work in customer service for a very large cell phone company - this is def not the way to keep customers Thank you for your guide to lvl 80 though - I used it on one out of 7 of my 80's - worked pretty good.
        If you worked Customer service as you claim, then you would know that what Zygor is doing is what millions of companies do yearly.

Why would you sell a product to new people to where they then have to pay an additional 30 bucks to use the product for newer functionality?
        In a sense, it's a sale to get newer customers to use the product. It's not a penalty to you and I fail to see how it is. You used the product/had access to the product for 4ish months.

Sorry you fail to see how much of a deal it is, but best of luck.
        Enjoy your free 1-80 updates for as long as you use the product.

Later.

Comment

i dont see that guys logic?

A new customer didnt have access to the 1-80 content when you did so you had a product that he did not.

A new product came out and it is the same price? what you complainging about

E.g Xbox and Xbox 360
          you can still play original xbox games on the 360 but you had to pay double for the xbox 360 and you would have bought the original Xbox too

Comment

I am feeling the same way as icecold in this situation. I bought this guide a year and a half ago for $60, leveled up a couple of people into the 70-80 region, then stopped playing wow almost a year now. I am planning on returning, so I checked out zygor (Assuming that he'd give a free update to current users once cata came out), and, lo and behold, I have to pay another $20 for each guide I bought. It's kind of a rip-off, Imo. I mean, having to pay an extra $40 (That's $100 out of my pocket) for this guide that honestly, doesn't make leveling seem much faster. I have never liked the zygor community (Ban me if you please, because I don't really care). They kind of remind me of the sheep from Animal Farm, that constantly belt out "Four legs, Good! Two legs, Bad!", But in this case, the Zygor community is belting out "Zygor, good! Old fashioned way, bad!". This "Upgrade" is completely ridiculous, and the community's way of backing it up is completely ridiculous as well. The final thing I am going to say is: this guide is like playing a football game, and saying: "Here, your team gets to lead by 28 points with two minutes to go in the Fourth quarter." It takes out the fun of the game (Although I did get get an 80 along the way). That is all.
            Goodbye.

Comment

Originally posted by icecold11
              I dont have a problem with that - my problem comes in the fact that IF i was a new customer I would pay the exact same price- so therefore I'm penalized because I"ve been a customer for awhile - while new customers get the product for 30.00 less?
              This is the nature of virtually anything you buy. Perhaps the best example is from Blizzard themselves, who initially released World of Warcraft for $50.00, and it's three expansions for $40.00. Just a few days ago they were selling all but Cataclysm for around $5-$10. The advantage you receive is that you had access to the guides for far longer than any new customers would.

Originally posted by cagedsavior View Post
              It's kind of a rip-off, Imo. I mean, having to pay an extra $40 (That's $100 out of my pocket) for this guide
              As we have pointed out in the past, our pricing model has remained consistant for the 3 years we've been making guides and it's the same model other software developers use: You buy a product, and that product is updated for free, but when a new expansion to the product comes out, you have to upgrade your old product. If you think that's a ripoff, then you must feel the same way about Blizzard charging you more money for Cataclysm. Also, the upgrade is not $40.00. We wanted to keep the price reasonable so we discounted it at $30.00 for both upgrades.

It sounds like maybe a leveling guide isn't the right fit for you. In the above post, you say that you don't find our products give you a worthy speed increase in leveling, and at the same time it gives players such an advantage that it "takes out the fun of the game". You also dislike our community because they are not as unsatisified with our service as you are.

In the end the choice is yours. Your 1-80 guide has been completely rewritten from scratch for Cataclysm free of charge per our lifetime updates policy. If you decide you'd like to purchase our new guide expansion and continue your leveling, as always we would appreciate your continued support of our company.
              Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Working...
              X