"Version 2.0.1521 Levels 40-45 help getting synch'd with the guide"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Version 2.0.1521 Levels 40-45 help getting synch'd with the guide"

I am leveling an old character level 40 currently. Doesn't matter if I go to Kalimdor or Eastern Kingdom, I go to the location it tells me, says "Talk to xxxxx" and "Pick up Quest xxxxx" and the quest names are wrong, the arrows continue to point to the person I just talked to and picked up their quest, nothing seems to be progressing since the old zones have been changed with Cataclysm.

I haven't checked my characters in the 70's to see if Northrend quests are correct, I'm going to assume they are since those zones/quests weren't changed, but that's not why I bought this guide. I've played this game from day one in Nov 2004, I had heard very good things about Zygor guides, but this is mostly disappointing.

I wanted to blow through levels with my old hunter and now I just logon and turn off Zygor since its currently useless to me. Any suggestions, are you guys "working" on these quests and trying to update them? Am I doing something wrong? I attached a screenshot.
    Attached Files

That screenshot is incredibly tiny. Can you post another one that is readable, please? Thanks. Try starting at the level 35-40 guide. Go through the steps until you find a step that is completeable, then start from there.

In the new 1-60, there is usually one single quest that you must get in order to "unlock" a zone, and be able to quest there. Maybe go back to the first step in the zone you are currently trying to quest in.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Thanks for the quick response, not sure why the attachment is so small, its a png at 1680x1050 and i used the forum attachment system. Try this. In the meantime I will try as you suggested

http://i56.tinypic.com/jfgmed.png

Comment

Actually, I forgot, I did that yesterday, started at 35-40. Step 1 states Go to Southern Barrens 42,70
        Talk to Calder Gray, then says Turn in 'Parts-is-Parts' doesn't say anything about accepting it first and when I did accept it, it didn't "guide me" to the next location to get the requirements for the quest, just said "Turn in Parts-is-Parts" still. Maybe my expectations are wrong? I thought this would be like questhelper but even better since i'm paying for it.

Comment

My other example is in Easter Kingdoms 40-45, Step 1
          Go to Eastern Plaguelands 35,68
          Talk to Carlin Redpath
          Turn in 'Uncle Carlin - *I didn't have it, doesn't really matter
          Accept "A Strange Historian"

The quest Carlin Redpath had to offer me was "Little Pamela"

So was the "Uncle Carlin" quest chained to "A Strange Historian", I looked up both quests on wowhead and I don't see that they are chained.

EDIT - I take it back they are chained. Maybe I"m just not sure how I'm suppose to jump into the guide at level 40 then, its not easy when I can't seem to get anything working from Step 1

Comment

The easiest way would be to start at the first step of 35-40. Go to the locations of each "Accept" quest step and try to accept the quest(s). If you cannot accept the quests, click the Next button to go to te next guide step. Skip any guide steps that are actually goals, if they are gray (kill 20 Plague Bats, for example - skip the step if the goal is gray, but if the goal is red, complete it before moving on).

Only go to quest Accept locations and accept the quests you can that the guide wants you to. Eventually, you will get in sync.
            Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
            http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
            http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
              The easiest way would be to start at the first step of 35-40. Go to the locations of each "Accept" quest step and try to accept the quest(s). If you cannot accept the quests, click the Next button to go to te next guide step. Skip any guide steps that are actually goals, if they are gray (kill 20 Plague Bats, for example - skip the step if the goal is gray, but if the goal is red, complete it before moving on).

Only go to quest Accept locations and accept the quests you can that the guide wants you to. Eventually, you will get in sync.

Thanks so much. In my screenshot, I had to go back to Kalimdor 35-40, step 42, Level 36 to find Talk to Draz Zilb and accept The Hermit of Witch Hill and Identifying the Brood. It was simply my misunderstanding of the guide. Looking forward to getting in synch. I should change the title of the post to reflect the need to get in synch and not call it useless. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Zygor if you want to change the title to "Version 2.0.1521 Levels 40-45 help getting synch'd with the guide" that would be great. I don't want the post to show the product is useless, it was my missunderstanding.

Comment

I am having the same issue. I am a lvl 44 rouge I am not having fun playing her right now. I have gone to the same place in the eastern plaugelands and I am having the same issues. Where did you go to get sinked up? On another note I wish I was aware of this change so I could have turned in all my completed quests on Monday. I have allot of useless quests items now and I am not going to get credit for completing them I was going pretty good with the guide untill then. I hope this is not going to take much longer I am ready to continue lvling with this guide.

Comment

Originally posted by basswood36 View Post
                    I am having the same issue. I am a lvl 44 rouge I am not having fun playing her right now. I have gone to the same place in the eastern plaugelands and I am having the same issues. Where did you go to get sinked up? On another note I wish I was aware of this change so I could have turned in all my completed quests on Monday. I have allot of useless quests items now and I am not going to get credit for completing them I was going pretty good with the guide untill then. I hope this is not going to take much longer I am ready to continue lvling with this guide.
                    The problems are very well known to be in existance, as this has been reported many times already.
                    The fix will come out as soon as possible.
                    Thank you for your patience.
                    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Originally posted by basswood36 View Post

I would kill all your quests and go back a few levels until you find a quest that matches where you are standing and whoever is in front of you. It makes a lot more sense to me know that Zygor explained that.

Comment

Add note.

Hey, its prolly my first message so don't kill me for it,
                        i've tried to read abit about the problems and errors and those SIS topics and such..

Can i assume that all the broken quests\missing NPC's i see with my human chars, (mage lvl 15, paladin lvl 43) are all the same issue that was talked here and on the SIS guide problems topic?
                        Is that what everyone expect a fix for? you know just to know for certain.

i have a few quests for example lvl 39 step 156 on eastern kingdoms human. there is no NPC at all on that spot. if anyone could direct me to a known solution, that would be just wonderful thank you all in advance.
                        Also, is there any way to release the manually changing steps? i'd be happy to have the guide auto bounce ahead on unneeded quests for my level. and skip to my current quests or needed ones.

Comment

Yes that's part of what will be fixed. The auto bounce is the other part that will be fixed. About the npc not being there. One of the other mods should be on soon to help you. If not I'll do it when I get home around 7:30 cst us time.
                          I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
                          Twitter @Chaos5061.
                          Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Well, if I have the correct quest and NPC try this link to help find him:

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=44453
                            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
                            X