Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cataclysm update or upgrade

Hello,
    I was wondering if the revision of the zygor guides for cataclysm are an update or an upgrade. Since updates are free and upgrades aren't . and is the 80-85 also an update or upgrade? If it is an upgrade, do existing members have to pay the full price ?

Thanks.
    Love your guides!

I really don't think that you have to pay the Full Price when you have already payed for the 1-80 Guide.
    But the time will show it.
    Please forgive the bad english ;-)

Comment

When they answered this question quite a while back, they said that there will be a fee for the new guide going into Cataclysm due to the major overhaul.

They also said that existing members will pay a smaller upgrade fee instead of the full blown new leveling guide price.
      I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

Are you kidding me? I thought it was a one-time fee. I don't ever recall seeing or hearing about having to pay again when they decide to call it an "upgrade". I may actually not get Cataclysm because of this. ...

Are the quests changing? What does this have to do with leveling? Maybe having to do some different class quests? They don't even do all the class quests anyway. I don't get it.
        80 Tauren Hunter - 75 Blood Elf Paladin - 54 Tauren Druid - 47 Undead Mage - 25 Dwarf Paladin - 26 Human Mage

Comment

Originally posted by crownedwithgrace View Post
          Are you kidding me? I thought it was a one-time fee. I don't ever recall seeing or hearing about having to pay again when they decide to call it an "upgrade". I may actually not get Cataclysm because of this. ...

Are the quests changing? What does this have to do with leveling? Maybe having to do some different class quests? They don't even do all the class quests anyway. I don't get it.

The problem is that Cataclysm is changing the face of the entire game. So the entire guide is more than likely going to have to be re-written, or at least major amounts of it. That being said, everyone that has had the guides for quite some time had to pay for an upgrade when WoTLK came out. The upgrade fee was not outrageous, and obviously plenty of people felt it was worth paying, since zygors still has a ton of members. Do not be surprised about an upgrade fee for the new guide, but i promise you, as with the rest of the products, it will be worth it.

r1pt1de

Comment

"changing the face of the entire game"

Again, tell me what changes have to do with the quests actually changing or even FP or something and I might see it worth it. Scenery changes, being able to fly in previously non-flight lands, etc, don't seem to warrant a complete change to the guide to me. They write the guides as if you can't fly anyway (at least not from what I've seen so far). They'll have to add 1 starting point for each faction?

I don't know. I love Zygor Guides but it just came as a shock (even a technicality) to me, that's all. So then with every EP we have to pay another fee? Is that how it works?
            80 Tauren Hunter - 75 Blood Elf Paladin - 54 Tauren Druid - 47 Undead Mage - 25 Dwarf Paladin - 26 Human Mage

Comment

the topography is changing. Quest locations are being moved, removed, and added for old world stuff.

In addition to haveing to redo the entire guide from 1 to 60, they will have to add an additional 5 levels worth of questing.

If you are truly clueless on what cataclysm is changing, do some research on it.
              I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

Originally posted by crownedwithgrace View Post
                So then with every EP we have to pay another fee? Is that how it works?
                It would only make sense... every 2ish years they come out with a new expansion. So every 2 years you will pay 20ish dollars to update your guide. If that is to much to ask, you sir bring a new definition to cheap.

Comment

Actually there was no upgrade fee for WotLK if memory serves me correctly. I had purchased my guides back when it was just BC out (I think) and never paid an upgrade fee.

And yes, Cataclysm will be changing the entire old world zones around. I believe I read that just the Barrens will be split into 2 and the 2 halves will be different questing levels. The new expansion will practically force the team to re-write the entire guide because even if you don't buy the expansion from Blizzard, you'll still have the new layouts to the old world zones. Buying the expansion is what will allow you to get to 85 and also allow you to fly thru the old world, but the zone changes for the old world will apply to everyone.
                  My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

The updates are part of the patch changes and cover simple url changes if the quest names are changed and such.

However, with the expansion of Cataclysm upcoming, everything is changing; EVERYTHING.
                    This will bring a total rewrite to the guide url.
                    What the upgrade fee will be for is to include these complete changes to keep the guide accurate.
                    You can, of course, not upgrade the guide you have. Good luck getting any quests done, but that is your option.
                    If you feel that a persons work should not be paid for, never accept another check for your own work again.

Let us remember to be realistic. You paid a fee for what you have now. To expect someone to rework that product for you and not be compensated.... I dont know how to speak your language, so Ill just shake my head and walk away.

Cheers though.
                    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

I think i read or heard somewhere that the new world will be phased as well. This would be due to PvPers. It would be one massive ganking grounds with ppl able to fly around.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
                        The updates are part of the patch changes and cover simple url changes if the quest names are changed and such.

However, with the expansion of Cataclysm upcoming, everything is changing; EVERYTHING.
                        This will bring a total rewrite to the guide url.
                        What the upgrade fee will be for is to include these complete changes to keep the guide accurate.
                        You can, of course, not upgrade the guide you have. Good luck getting any quests done, but that is your option.
                        If you feel that a persons work should not be paid for, never accept another check for your own work again.

Let us remember to be realistic. You paid a fee for what you have now. To expect someone to rework that product for you and not be compensated.... I dont know how to speak your language, so Ill just shake my head and walk away.

Cheers though.
                        Don't forget to hump it and then pee on it. :P

Comment

There was a $20.00 Upgrade Fee for our WotLK guide expansion, and there will be a $20.00 - $30.00 Upgrade fee for our Cataclysm guide expansion, depending on the amount of work involved.
                          Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                          http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                          http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
                            There was a $20.00 Upgrade Fee for our WotLK guide expansion, and there will be a $20.00 - $30.00 Upgrade fee for our Cataclysm guide expansion, depending on the amount of work involved.
                            Well, hell that isn't too bad. I mean computer work is very meticulous, my father is a software engineer and I asked him about the Cataclysm update and the relation to Zygor and he said there would be a lot of little details to iron out and fix and went into some of the specifics... I had no idea what he was talking about, but it sounds like a ton of crazy crap.
                            85s
                            Skippyninja
                            Oomatherman
                            Judedaniels
                            MissRuPaul
                            Sumekomovani
                            Pattymelt
                            Shamwiches
                            Twonewon
                            Takakoinaba
                            Cursesmcgee

Comment

Oh my goat!

Wow I didn't know my thread would have so many replies in less than half a day! Thanks for the quick response everyone!

Comment

Working...
                              X