Cataclysm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cataclysm

I would presume that the new expansion pack will include more levels to achieve. Will the guide be updated to reflect these new levels, if they are coming? Also, will there be a price for us that have the guide? I would be glad to pay a small fee... your guides are excellent and worth every penny.
    Thanks in advance.

Kamchak
    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Cataclysm will bring major changes to all of WoW which will almost definitely mean a needed re-write of the entire guide. All the old zones are being replaced with new ones, which will mean that all the quest mobs and most of the quest givers will be at different locations. Also there will be a level cap increase to 85.

As to if there will be a fee for all the new work, only Zygor can tell us that and I'm sure he hasn't made up his mind on this yet.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Good thing I got this guide to help me. Puts all the location problems on the dev teams shoulders. *laughs*

Thanks for the reply cabby

Comment

Haha, I originally got these guides because I was one of those people that would just get every single quest that was available in an area and by the time I'd get about half way thru them they'd all be grey but I wouldn't leave the area until they were all done. Then in the new area all the quests would be grey after one or two levels and I'd be stuck in the rut again. The guides really help with providing a direction and path to follow so that you don't spend 20 levels in a place like the Barrens just doing quests that aren't worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
          Haha, I originally got these guides because I was one of those people that would just get every single quest that was available in an area and by the time I'd get about half way thru them they'd all be grey but I wouldn't leave the area until they were all done. Then in the new area all the quests would be grey after one or two levels and I'd be stuck in the rut again. The guides really help with providing a direction and path to follow so that you don't spend 20 levels in a place like the Barrens just doing quests that aren't worth it.
          heheh.. Part of a delema I came across. Bought the guide when I was working that same principle, grab all quests and head out. Problem with that is, when you get to the area you worked, there are no quests to grab/turn in lol. Going to have to grind to make up the difference in the second portion of the Booty Bay questing. hahah

No matter... I would buy the guide again in a heartbeat, especially now that I know what it can do (lvl'd a hunter from 1 to 10 in 2 hours)

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
            I would presume that the new expansion pack will include more levels to achieve. Will the guide be updated to reflect these new levels, if they are coming? Also, will there be a price for us that have the guide? I would be glad to pay a small fee... your guides are excellent and worth every penny.
            Thanks in advance.

Kamchak

A separate Guide Expansion for Cataclysm will be released and will be available to current customers for an upgrade fee of $20-30 dollars.
            Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
            http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by ZG Support View Post
              A separate Guide Expansion for Cataclysm will be released and will be available to current customers for an upgrade fee of $20-30 dollars.
              Sign me up for one copy please, John... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ZG Support View Post
                From what I was seeing on the Cataclysm website, the guide in it's current form won't work anymore as all the old zones will be re-made for everyone, with or without the expansion. Do you mean that a guide expansion will be made just to cover the 80-85 portion and an update to the current 1-80 will also be made to bring the rest up to date with the zone changes?

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                  From what I was seeing on the Cataclysm website, the guide in it's current form won't work anymore as all the old zones will be re-made for everyone, with or without the expansion. Do you mean that a guide expansion will be made just to cover the 80-85 portion and an update to the current 1-80 will also be made to bring the rest up to date with the zone changes?
                  A full guide rewrite will probably be required along with the new levels. Nothing is decided upon just yet and won't be until we can see the extent of changes in the beta.
                  Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                  http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I will be willing to pay $20 for the upgrade, it is worth it. Ever since I got this guide I have been leveling characters at a rapid pace. Mostly so I can either be invited into any raid/group and because I get the benefit of the different professions. Anyway, this guides upgrade has cut the time it takes to accomplish quests by 1/3. Useing the little icons in the guide popup has saved me so much time searching through my bags for the item that is used in the quest. Thanks again, I look forward to the upgrade and believe it is quite resonable to charge for the extra work. My guess is I will be crucified for that remark though. Take care.

-Bird

Comment

Alright, I've been using the guide to level my Priest to 80, and will likely use it for a couple other classes between now and Cataclysm. That said, I will level my Worgen Druid from 1-85 (unless that changes) WITHOUT the guide, so I can fully enjoy the new experience.

If I decide to power-level any new characters after him, I will of course return to using the Zygor Guides.

I will use the Zygor Talent Advisor on my Worgen so I won't completely eschew Zygor Guides.

Comment

$20 ???? Bird you must be joking! This guide is the next best thing to the WoW game itself.
                        John, if you wanted to charge another $50, I'd pay it. The guides have taken all of us from the boredom of the grind to true enjoyment of the game. You gave all of us extra time to "play" versus just logging on the game and grinding until we were leveled.
                        20 bucks!!

Comment

I read Bird praising the guide and saying it was worth the money.

Did I read it wrong?

Comment

No you didn't read it wrong, I just took the $20 thing a little hard.
                            Sorry Bird, maybe I went overboard. I just think sometimes we take things for granted. Like how much work must go into developing the guide.
                            No Kamchak, you read it right.
                            Besides, he guessed he would be crucified...so....lol

Comment

LOL... well then.... BIRD!!!!

heheh

I personally am impressed that the fee would only be 20 - 30 dollars. I mean, Zygor made this guide up from memory after playing from inception. NOW he has to scramble in a beta form on where the quests will be given, by whom, and where the quests will be achieved from, and all within a very short time. Add to that an additional 5 levels of material to get us from 80 - 85.

Flying mounts, new toons to spec, etc, etc..... WHEW!!

$20 or $30 dollars is nothing in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X