No announcement yet.

Gold Guide isn't working - Quick Reply will be appreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand why people are saying they are leaving over this issue or demanding compensation for it. I only use Zygor for the mail and the auctions myself, but I also realize that Zygor is a product that is dependent upon another product. Now if Blizzard had contacted Zygor months ago when Blizz was working on the expansion and said, 'Hey, we're going to be making a major change that will screw up your guides, here's what we're doing so you can adjust alongside us,' that would be one thing.

But for a dependent product, Zygor is pretty quick to have new things covered and up and running. Yes it is something we are paying for, but it's not like it's a million bucks a month. If things are so tight you cannot afford $8 or less for a month with no auction feature, then perhaps you should cancel your subscription as you shouldn't have it in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by dinadlg View Post
      I don't understand why people are saying they are leaving over this issue or demanding compensation for it. I only use Zygor for the mail and the auctions myself, but I also realize that Zygor is a product that is dependent upon another product. Now if Blizzard had contacted Zygor months ago when Blizz was working on the expansion and said, 'Hey, we're going to be making a major change that will screw up your guides, here's what we're doing so you can adjust alongside us,' that would be one thing.

But for a dependent product, Zygor is pretty quick to have new things covered and up and running. Yes it is something we are paying for, but it's not like it's a million bucks a month. If things are so tight you cannot afford $8 or less for a month with no auction feature, then perhaps you should cancel your subscription as you shouldn't have it in the first place.
      So I assume you don't understand why people leave an internet provider when the internet goes out for days. Also, you don't understand for sure when a burgerhouse switches from one meat provider to another when the old one starts delaying the delivery.

You don't understand economy, nor the value of your money. Since you don't see any problem when you pay for something you are not receiving, I may suggest you transfer some dollars to my bank account just because you don't value it - when I will for sure.

Zygor Guide team is not receiving money from charity. They are being paid to do a job, to deliver us a service. Which is not being delivered, by the way. Which, speaking of, is being delivered by a group of amateurs who receive money out of charity (http://auctioneeraddon.com/dl/#preview).

So I ask: what am I paying for? What are Zygor Guide team members being paid for?

And, not that it makes any difference, because I value every cent I spend on any service, here in Brazil every 1 dollar costs me 3.5 times 1 unit of my money. Plus taxes that won't be going to public health or public security because my government is corrupt to the soul. So... I already lose too much money with people who gains money to do nothing, and I honestly intend to value every cent that I can.
      Last edited by eduardohe; July 31, 2016, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Personally, I do understand it..But The internet & selling a product are two different things. Unfortunately, there are uncontrollable circumstances...and the possibility of Zygor having to re-write the entire guide. If you had any inkling of Programming, or any form of coding,...You would know that this alone could take DAYS. It takes days...weeks to re-write a full coding. Zygor has given us the best answer possible. They can only give but so much, They need to eat & sleep too, and yes...when they are on the job., they are working round the clock to try & fix the issue, but to do this...I would much rather lose the gold guide for a few weeks to make sure it is working when Legion comes out, then to have it be completely broken, and lose it for months after that./ what are you paying for? KNow what I paid for , when I paid 50 bucks for tyhe Gold guide upon its release? I paid to receive the best possible service they could give...if that means losing the guide for a few weeks while they fix an issue...so be it....They cant snap their fingers and make the guide start working again. They are people...Just like you & me...What am I paying for? Now that I am an elite member?> as a long standing customer of Zygor's I expect to be treated no different then they way they have treated me for the past....Um...Lets see? I started using their guide on my dad's computer in BC towards the end of it...so what? 7? 8? Years? something like that....I expect to recieve the same treatmemnt now as I did then...and that is
        I make videos on youtube! Check em out, gaming videos mostly, and got my video testimonials for zygor stuff there!
        [URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/Onyxangel24"]http://www.youtube.com/user/Onyxangel24[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by sharlyne View Post
          Personally, I do understand it..But The internet & selling a product are two different things. Unfortunately, there are uncontrollable circumstances...and the possibility of Zygor having to re-write the entire guide. If you had any inkling of Programming, or any form of coding,...You would know that this alone could take DAYS. It takes days...weeks to re-write a full coding. Zygor has given us the best answer possible. They can only give but so much, They need to eat & sleep too, and yes...when they are on the job., they are working round the clock to try & fix the issue, but to do this...I would much rather lose the gold guide for a few weeks to make sure it is working when Legion comes out, then to have it be completely broken, and lose it for months after that./ what are you paying for? KNow what I paid for , when I paid 50 bucks for tyhe Gold guide upon its release? I paid to receive the best possible service they could give...if that means losing the guide for a few weeks while they fix an issue...so be it....They cant snap their fingers and make the guide start working again. They are people...Just like you & me...What am I paying for? Now that I am an elite member?> as a long standing customer of Zygor's I expect to be treated no different then they way they have treated me for the past....Um...Lets see? I started using their guide on my dad's computer in BC towards the end of it...so what? 7? 8? Years? something like that....I expect to recieve the same treatmemnt now as I did then...and that is
          Well, it happens I'm a programmer myself for 10 years now. And when the companies I worked for failed to deliver something to its customers, they had to deal with money loss. It's about capitalism, not about programming.

What I'm saying is `the ass is not related to the pants`. It does not have anything to do with the type of activity they are doing, but with processes, contingency, plan B, C, D, and so on.

A company that is paid to deliver something must take certain actions to ensure its products and services will continuously be delivered to its customers, regardless of their providers failures. And for the sake of this conclusion I have compared the current situation with a burger house.

In this case, Zygor Guide itself should be in constant contact with Blizzard to have anticipated access to this kind of change. They should have Alfa and Beta accounts to be prepared for the API changes.

Still, even if the problem wasn't about process, and since you've entered in the software development domain, this situation means that, at least, there is a failed software design. Should the code be modular enough (and there are plenty design patterns to implement this approach), changes could take place with much less effort. Total code rewrite is an amateur mistake and shouldn't even be considered when we talk about a software that is being paid to be produced. And I repeat: auctioneer is already functional. And they don't even get paid, except for donations, which is very different from what happens here.

So, yes. I'm mad for spending money in something that, not only isn't that different from free alternatives, but also lacks their speed to solve problems.
          Last edited by eduardohe; August 1, 2016, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eduardohe View Post
            In this case, Zygor Guide itself should be in constant contact with Blizzard to have anticipated access to this kind of change. They should have Alfa and Beta accounts to be prepared for the API changes.
            Blizzard refuses to tell anyone about any changes that are not on the servers. We do have beta and PTR accounts to watch for changes but Blizzard does not put every change onto these servers for testing. In the case of the issue at hand, the only people that knew there was going to be an AH API change was Blizzard. The change was never put onto the beta or PTR servers, it just showed up on the live server without anyone expecting it.

We really wish we could have a working relationship with Blizzard to know about all of the changes ahead of time to ensure that there are no broken guides but with Blizzard's stance that will never happen.

As for Auctioneer, you might be getting a beta or dev version (not a stable release version) straight from the Auctioneer website but the vast majority of people get it from Curse and that has no alpha/beta versions available and the last time it was updated was back in Feb. This means that for the vast majority of people Auctioneer is indeed still broken.
            Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
            http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
              Blizzard refuses to tell anyone about any changes that are not on the servers. We do have beta and PTR accounts to watch for changes but Blizzard does not put every change onto these servers for testing. In the case of the issue at hand, the only people that knew there was going to be an AH API change was Blizzard. The change was never put onto the beta or PTR servers, it just showed up on the live server without anyone expecting it.

We really wish we could have a working relationship with Blizzard to know about all of the changes ahead of time to ensure that there are no broken guides but with Blizzard's stance that will never happen.
              Well, maybe you should change your business model to something that is better suitable to this kind of situation. I mean, if you are not able to make sure your product is always deliverable...

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
              As for Auctioneer, you might be getting a beta or dev version (not a stable release version) straight from the Auctioneer website but the vast majority of people get it from Curse and that has no alpha/beta versions available and the last time it was updated was back in Feb. This means that for the vast majority of people Auctioneer is indeed still broken.
              And that's a salesman kind of argument. For anyone who searches for it hard enough, a functional version is available. I uninstalled the Auctioneer from Curse Client to get it from QA branch, others can do the same.

And still they have something more touchable than you have. Still their sprint is closer to their public than yours. And they are meeting my needs more than you do. I ask again: isn't something wrong with your business model?

Comment

I would not go as far as saying something is wrong with their business model. See with me, Auctioneer doesn't work..I have curse client for a reason, Im not going to manually download the addon., Too much hassle for me..I dont even remember how to do that, and even if someone was to tell me..I'd blow it off because to be honest with you, I am way too damn lazy to do that. Yes, Zygor has already admitted the addon/guide is broken, but blizzard made a lot of changes that fucked with a lot of people. You got Auctioneer working? Good for you....But since there are some people...Like myself who wont go directly to the website (I dont download from random websites....) then I can honestly say auctioneer IS broken for me. I personally dont see why people are getting onto Zygor...Because in all honesty....They cant guarantee their Model & guides available ALL the time. They do their best, Yes..we are paying for it. But at the same time, shit happens, shit breaks. get over it and wait patiently. Zygor will have it fixed soon (Hopefully). Or do you not remember a time when World of Warcraft was broken for a week? No one could log in period...I remember that time...and it was hell. You had to take a chance. They had to expand servers cuz it was hell getting in. Zygor is doing the best they can.
                I make videos on youtube! Check em out, gaming videos mostly, and got my video testimonials for zygor stuff there!
                [URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/Onyxangel24"]http://www.youtube.com/user/Onyxangel24[/URL]

Comment

do you complain on the WoW forums everytime theres maintanence or servers down? cause really this is a type of maintenance on the guide having to do maintenance because blizzard changed the code they now have to change their code basically "maintanence on zygor's product" as others have said blizzard does not tell everyone of every change made ive been a customer anytime ive played Warcraft literally since zygor came out under one account or another and I have to say no matter what wow did zygor has always found a way to keep their product going something so many other addons have not been able to say over the years the 5$ I pay a month I consider a charge for knowing if something breaks they will fix it in a timely fashion. what is a timely fashion? well that depends on the amount of changes blizzard makes doesn't it and this time blizzard completely rewrote parts of their game if I had to bet zygor will have us up before legion they are amazing at figuring out work arounds for blizzards frankly screw-ups of the game. I'm more upset with blizzard atm because my class has changed significantly but I'm not going to complain to blizzard about this as its the nature of online gaming and mmorpg's. theres so much to zygor more than the gold guide too. auctioneer I'm using right now. ill tell you the easiest way to install it.. install the curse version then go to their beta site and download that beta copy then unzip over the other copy in the addons directory of Warcraft bam working auctioneer. but keep this in mind even auctioneer is still partially broken as it IS a beta and they only do one thing zygor does many. thanks again to the zygor guys for your years of hard work you are appreciated by some of us and I for one have always been a happy client.

Slandaro

oh p.s.,

sorry for beating a dead horse this just gets on my nerves when people complain about something out of your control. this thread probably should have been locked before my post sorry if I waste anyones time.

Comment

It's looking like we might have an update for you guys later today that will restore the Gold Guide and Auction Tools to working order. However, one drawback will be that the full scan times are largely increased from what they used to be. This is an unfortunate side effect of the changes Blizzard made (we don't understand why they made these changes ourselves) and may be permanent. However, we will be continuing to work to see if we can improve things even further. Stay tuned.
                    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Awesome, I can't wait to get the gold guides back! Thank you for the update Zygor Admin

Comment

Working...
                      X