No announcement yet.

Error upon opening my Spellbook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is definitely a Blizzard bug, and reports are saying it is fixed on the PTR.

For the record, I have had several AddOns being blamed, and not once has Zygor been listed as one of them. Keep in mind that with Blizzard bugs, the first AddOn (Blizzard's own AddOns or third party) that accesses the tainted execution path in alphabetical order AFTER the initial taint will be blamed.

Also, using Overachiever as an example, since that has been blamed on my computer, OA has exactly zero code that uses the tainted code directly ( IsDisabledByParentalControls() ) but probably uses or accesses a Blizzard function that, in turn, uses IsDisabledByParentalControls().

Let's say Blizzard_Store.lua is buggy; it calls IsDisabledByParentalControls() and causes taint. However, it is not blamed. OA uses some API that is either IsDisabledByParentalControls(), found in Blizzard_Store.lua, or even a different Blizzard or third party AddOn that uses one of the first two, and boom!

Hopefully this helps understand the problem. And more to the point, there isn't anything wrong or broken in Zygor, nor is there anything Zygor can do. We just have to wait for the Blizzard fix.
    A volunteer Curse Moderator. I write some AddOns too.

https://www.youtube.com/user/myrroddin

Comment

Really nice explanation myrroddin and typical of Blizzard

Comment

Working...
      X