OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are there so few updates to reported issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are there so few updates to reported issues?

This pertains to both Alliance and Horde Leveling Guides.
    ---------
    Where are the updates to the Zygor Leveling Guide's reported errors/issues?

During the last month from Aug 1st to Sep 7th (nearly 40 days!), these 6 are the only updates to the Zygor Leveling Guide which were reported in the Log as being "fixed." And, possibly, the ones in the Vashj'ir guide could be duplicates? (Aug 20th and Aug 13th)?

The log descriptions are so vague, it's hard for users to tell precisely what has been fixed and what hasn't been fixed. Plus, there hasn't been an update to the guide since August 30th, 2013! And, it doesn't even include anything for the Leveling Guide itself!

The "team" has been notified continuously (by Cabby) of many dozens more issues than this small number, yet the reported issues are being ignored completely. That so-called "List of things to be looked at" must be huge and collecting tons of dust, or else it doesn't even exist at all!

It seems apparent to me that the Zygor "team" (1 or 2 people?) has lost nearly all interest in fixing the many submitted errors which still exist in the Leveling Guide.

Every time I play the game using the Zygor Leveling Guide, I find multiple errors. Some of those same errors were reported more than a year or two ago. I have found that the time I have taken reporting errors has been a total waste of time. I'm not going to continue reporting errors which shouldn't exist after this many years! It shouldn't be up to the users to do the testing of your own code! It's just too damned easy to say "we can't reproduce the error." I've reinstalled several times according to the instructions and eliminated all addons except Zygor's Leveling Guide, yet each new alt char I start encounters the same issues in the same places as other char's did before.

===============================

Note: Today is Sep 7, 2013.

Version: 4.0.7070
    Released on: August 22nd, 2013
    [A] Leveling
    Fixed an issue with a Sporeggar quest showing up for players when it wasn't available

Version: 4.0.7056
    Released on: August 20th, 2013
    [A] Leveling
    Fixed a directional issue in the Westfall guide
    Fixed a reported issue in the Vashj'ir guide

Version: 4.0.7005
    Released on: August 13th, 2013
    [A] Leveling
    Fixed a coordinate that was wrong in the Vashj'ir guide

Version: 4.0.6972
    Released on: August 9th, 2013
    [H] Leveling
    Removed an obsolete quest reported by a customer

Version: 4.0.6932
    Released on: August 1st, 2013
    [H] Leveling
    Placed all missing fpaths back into the guides
    (Note: That isn't true!).

Not one of the above "fixes" should even be in the Leveling Guide if only someone checked the game themselves! It's your job; you get paid; we don't. Therefore, it's your responsibility, not ours!

I used to be very happy to report issues (even when I 'bitched' about them). I still tried to let "somebody" know that something was wrong. I'm not going to report any of the several dozen things I've found during the last 2 weeks alone. You'd only find fault with my submissions by saying that I "just want to complain!" I'm done with it.

You may kick me off the forum, but I've never been shy about my experiences with your "Guide" and offering suggestions. I tried to help and always included screenshots whenever I thought they'd be helpful. Nothing has encouraged the "team" to get off their butts and fix the reported issues. Not just mine, but everybody's. 6 out of 100 just doesn't cut it!!!

It really needs somebody from the team to create a new character and play through the whole guide 1-90. The starting zones aren't too bad but I agree with Kreelor that there are some issues which are still there well over a year after being reported.

Comment

I agree that they should not ignore customers reports because thanks to these reports they don't have to make to many runs themselves in my opinion.

Comment

This is all so true.

I already gave up a long time ago to report issues, because I saw when I leveled a new char all the same issues I reported before were still there.

So what use has it to report something when it doesn't get fixed as they always said and went so called to the "List of things to be looked at" ?

Comment

EXAMPLES: Same error, same place, 2 years later after it was first reported.

Two good examples. I could have reported many other ones.

Both of these issues happened in exactly the same place at the same time.

Eastern Kingdoms, Western Plaguelands (35-40) - Alliance

I was in Chillwind Camp. Travel System never suggested using the flightmaster from Chillwind Camp to Andorhal (where the next quest was located). I already had that flightmaster available for use in Andorhal, since I had been questing there already.

As soon as I chose to fly there (via flightmaster), the same damned LUA error happened again as has happened dozens of times before, even though it was reported maybe at least 2 years ago! Nobody gives a damn.
          travel system not using flight paths.jpglua error - chillwind camp to andorhal flightmaster.jpg

Sorry about the image sizes. Zygor shrinks them down from the size captured and submitted, so it's hard to read text. Not my fault.
          Last edited by kreelor; September 10, 2013, 02:46 AM. Reason: image sizes

Comment

I've messed around with the coordinates and times for flight, and it should suggest that you use that flight rather than hike it.

As for the .lua error that pops up, that is a back-end programming issue, and I will talk to the programming team about it when possible.

(Also, no worries about the image sizes, I could read them perfectly fine.)

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Dev 3 View Post
              As for the .lua error that pops up, that is a back-end programming issue, and I will talk to the programming team about it when possible.
              I suppose I can wait for another two years and then try again. heh heh

It's no big deal now. I just used those 2 examples out of the several dozen other ones I could have selected from. Don't worry about it. I won't.

At least your reply was a kind one. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by kreelor View Post
                I suppose I can wait for another two years and then try again. heh heh

It's no big deal now. I just used those 2 examples out of the several dozen other ones I could have selected from. Don't worry about it. I won't.

At least your reply was a kind one. Thanks!
                In this thread you mentioned there being "dozens more issues" that have not been addressed. Would you be so kind as to link these issues you feel still have not been resolved in this thread?
                Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

I would have been happy to, but just the other day I deleted all the screenshots, etc. from my hard drive. I presumed that nobody was interested in receiving them. They were taking up space in My Pictures folder. Sorry! If I run across them again (if I start another alt char or encounter them on a current alt char), I will submit them. Murphy's Law in action! ha ha

Comment

That would be great because there is indeed a list of submitted issues but currently I do not see any unresolved issues pertaining to the Leveling guide. It would be greatly appreciated if you could include examples of issues you feel haven't been resolved in posts of this nature. Just make a single post, title it something like "kreelors leveling guide issues", and just put them all in one place. That will make it easy for our content team to find and keep track of.

Comment

Cabby must have sent at least a million issues (joke) to the team "to be added to the list". So, if they have the list, that's where they should be able to find what he sent to them (from all user-reports, not just mine). I'm only thinking outloud. I'm certain he received quite a number of them from me and others, but I've never seen them listed in the Update Log, and some issues still remain, as I said before. The Log may not include details of all changes (even though some may have been fixed without mentioning them); itemized details which one would expect to see in a decent Update History Log. I'll start recording any issues I might find from now on, if needed. But, I really don't see why I'd need to re-report the same issues.

Comment

Well the reason I asked was because currently the bug list for the leveling guide is clear. That said, we currently have a member of our team currently running through the full 1-90 guide again just to be sure. Do you happen to remember what types of issues they were? Were they functional issues (this feature isn't working right, quirky addon behavior, lua errors) or issues in the actual guide content (incorrect coordinates, missing information needed for quests, bad directions for an npc, step not completing, ect.)?

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
                          Well the reason I asked was because currently the bug list for the leveling guide is clear. That said, we currently have a member of our team currently running through the full 1-90 guide again just to be sure. Do you happen to remember what types of issues they were? Were they functional issues (this feature isn't working right, quirky addon behavior, lua errors) or issues in the actual guide content (incorrect coordinates, missing information needed for quests, bad directions for an npc, step not completing, ect.)?
                          Well, since you asked, here are just a few things I noticed today. Because you have someone going through the full guide, these issues might be noticed, but then again, maybe not. The few examples I'm posting now aren't necessarily related specifically to the "Leveling Guide." I think one of them is. However, the others relate to "guides" since they are in other guides, such as Daily Guides (Reputation) and Professions Guides. Those guides have steps to follow just as the main Leveling Guide has. So, I'm pointing out only a few that I found today. I'll submit only screen captures (with comments on them). Hopefully, the text will be legible enough. If not, please let me know and I'll explain them a little better.

make_this_inn_your_home.jpg

Not_in_a_cave_at_this_point.jpg

Step_completion_fails.jpg

Here's an issue which I consider a "major" issue is in your Professions Guide (Fishing). It merely says to stand on the dock in Stormwind City and simply "fish from level 1 to level 600"! Geesh! Why in the world would anyone want to do that? After a period of time (even after talking with the Fishing Trainer to get the advancements), catching the same low-level types of garbage fish requires catching up to 10 fish to gain only 1 point in leveling. That is a waste of time, when catching other types of fish grants points much more frequently... even 1 level-up point per each fish! Plus, some fish sell for great amounts of gold, while the garbage fish in Stormwind don't have any market value at all. The guide just says basically ".... stand in that one spot and fish until you either go blind, insane, or finally get to level 600." It could recommend others places to go to catch worthwhile fish and/or to level the Fishing skill much faster. It is a pitiful guide, in my opinion, as it does not "guide" at all. Nobody needs to pay for a single instruction to fish from 1-600.

I hope these comments help.

Comment

Hi Kreelor,

What you say about fishing is incorrect - higher-level fish do NOT grant skill points more frequently. You will get the same frequency of skill-ups whatever level of fish you catch. In fact, it doesn't need to be fish. Junk will give you just as many skill-ups as fish will

The main advantage to levelling fishing in different areas is that you can level cooking at exactly the same time by cooking the fish you catch. Also, higher-level fish will often earn you more on the AH. But it's perfectly possible to raise fishing to 600 in Stormwind just as quickly as anywhere else.

Comment

As mzanker says, with fishing how many fish you need to catch before you get a point is determined by your skill and not by what you are catching. You can stand around in Pandaria and catch 10 fish for every point or you can stand around in SW and catch 10 fish for every point, makes no difference.

For your 3rd picture you show there is no problem with the 2nd step because you are displaying 2 steps at once. What you think is the last paragraph of the 2nd step is actually the 3rd step. However due to your cooking skill already being raised up higher the 2nd step is routing you past the 3rd step and into the 520-600 section. What you believe should be available for you is actually only available if you're starting cooking at skill 1 because that's a special route to take to raise up cooking in Pandaria from the very beginning. Since you're already being redirected into the 520-600 section it means you've already passed that and would be at the same spot anyway because both routes end up in the 520-600 section.

As for returning to previous steps to gather stuff we do have some farming guides in the Professions section to help with that. I have let the content team know about your first two pictures so they can get fixed.
                              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
                              X