carbonite doesnt working zygor guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carbonite doesnt working zygor guide

The newest version carbonite doesnt working with zygor guide ...
    Options in zygor guide are grayed out a when choose it it says carbonite fail to connect
    Carbonite addon is now GPL so it was major rewritten ...
    I also write on carbonite forum but because zygor guide is not free,so it may be difficult for they fix that ...

Our addons is free, there's no difference between free trial and the paid guides for the addon and how it works. That said, the first thing that we need to do is find out if Rythal removed the TomTom emulation that was a part of Carbonite. That's what we had been using for the use of the Carbonite arrow.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

As I remember, I did see "Emulate Tom Tom" that can be checked in options...it's still there.

Comment

Yeah, but Rythal has changed something in the code for it. We need to find out from him first what his plans are for the hud arrow and what he's planning with it. Right now he's basically looking at what would almost be the equivalent of a re-write to a good portion of the code. Until he's got his vision for Carbonite implemented it will be difficult to keep up on the changes to make the arrow work.

Comment

From WoW Interface forums for Carbonite: (Not sure how valid it is)

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...t=44678&page=2

"Zygor needs to update their calls to Carbonite. ATM they are calling the "encrypted" version. Give them time I'm sure they are working on it as people are already linking to this forum and saying that Rythal has taken it over"

Comment

yeah that is forum where i wrote about this issue ...

Comment

Rythal is currently working on removing obsolete code and de-obfuscating the lua. Following that, he plans on compartmentalizing Carbonite into multiple addons to give people the option as to what they want to have installed as right now, its all or nothing and many people dont need or want everything Carbonite has to offer.

As to the question at hand, I just dont have Carbonite track anything and let Zygors arrow direct me. I prefer Carbonites arrow (its smaller and prettier) but it really doesnt matter in the grand scheme.
              Race and Class: Dwarven Priest Character Name: Jacq US server: Cenarion Circle
              Primary Spec: Shadow Secondary Spec: Discipline

Comment

I beg to differ, it DOES matter. there are quests where the Carbonite arrow completely disappears or on other quests you cant see the map marker on the Carbonite's map for where the quest is so you run around blind.

I have used both Zygor and Carbonite seamlessly for years with no major issues. I applaud Rythal for taking on this huge task to continue Carbonite. I am sure he wants Carbonite to be compatable with other add ons and guides.

As he is a *new* add on developer, perhaps some communication via email between Zygor and him could pinpoint the issue and solve this. Surely new developers should be embraced and mentored by the *big boys* The 2 add ons do not compete, they do not offer the same functions. They actually compliment each other very very nicely...... I am sure some communication would solve the issue quickly to everyone's benefit. Since this issue only popped up with Carbonite's most recent release version, I am sure it would not be difficult to track down and correct.

I would hate to see that add on developers *eat their young*. Reaching out a hand to help could be beneficial all the way around :-)

Yes, for the time being, I have switched to Zygor's internal HUD arrow... but the problem with no communication between the 2 add ons remains and not seeing quest locations and ant trails on the carbonite map remains very frustrating. I am vision impaired and the minimap is just to small for me to see details. The Carbonite map, being scalable, makes all the difference.

Comment

Rythal got rid of some cryptic coding that has caused the issue at hand. I have gotten confirmation from him that he has no plans to make any major changes to the hud arrow and that all addon authors should be able to make calls to the current arrow. That means when our programmers can get it fixed they'll get it fixed. Right now they are working on bugs in the guide code. Give them some time.

You could always go back a couple of Carbonite versions from before the change was made to get your working arrow again.
                  http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ite.html#other

Comment

Thanks for the update Cabby. As a longtime customer and owner of everything you make, including the Diablo guide, I would ask that you consider priortizing this fix very high. Right now it's my only real complaint and a huge nuisance every minute of my game play that I use the guides. This mostly because I use the carbonite maps and the zygor to help me find the next questing location and right now I don't have that functionality without going back to an older version of carbonite that has, oddly enough, map problems..

Comment

Originally posted by wvrandall View Post
                      Thanks for the update Cabby. As a longtime customer and owner of everything you make, including the Diablo guide, I would ask that you consider priortizing this fix very high. Right now it's my only real complaint and a huge nuisance every minute of my game play that I use the guides. This mostly because I use the carbonite maps and the zygor to help me find the next questing location and right now I don't have that functionality without going back to an older version of carbonite that has, oddly enough, map problems..
                      Couldn't have said it better. Please get this fixed.

Also regarding going back to older versions of Carbonite....um no. Those versions gave me so many errors I couldn't run the addon. The ONLY solution is to move forward, not back.

Thanks.

Comment

We recognize that Carbonite is one of the more popular addons to use together with Zygor Guides and we will do our best to make sure our addon remains compatible with it. We're looking into this matter now.
                        Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
                          We recognize that Carbonite is one of the more popular addons to use together with Zygor Guides and we will do our best to make sure our addon remains compatible with it. We're looking into this matter now.
                          Honestly, as someone who works in customer service (hospitality management) I can tell you that I humbly appreciate you taking the time to post that you are looking into this. It's communication and empathy like this that keep me coming back to you guys.

A very sincere thank you!

Comment

Any time line on when you expect to get it working?

Also I would really love to see the value of grey items and pet window positioning (i.e. remembering where I put them from game to game) fixed. Surely that one should not be that hard.

Comment

Working...
                            X