Width of the guide frame changed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Width of the guide frame changed

I was doing a horde quest in Ashenvale, either killing Lord Magmathar or the one where you fly over Astranaar and drop bombs, but when I dismounted the size of the guide got wider. There is no adjustment to resize the width only that I have found. The scale adjustment on the window settings page only scale it in all dimensions. What else can I do? I know of knowthing peculiar that occured during the quest that might help solve it.

It sounds like maybe the saved variables file got corrupted. Try going to your WoW/WTF/Account/<accountname>/SavedVariables folder and delete the ZygorGuidesViewer.lua file in there. This will do a complete reset of the guide viewer and should fix your issue.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

If you delete the entire folder, you're going to have a bad time.
      "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
        Try going to your WoW/WTF/Account/<accountname>/SavedVariables folder and delete the ZygorGuidesViewer.lua file in there.
        Did not work, was I supposed to delete the .lua.bak also? I logged on another character and his frame size is normal. I didn't test for the other char until after the file was deleted.

Comment

Did you completely exit out of WoW before deleting the file? If you're still logged in when you delete it then it doesn't work.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
            Did you completely exit out of WoW before deleting the file? If you're still logged in when you delete it then it doesn't work.
            Yes I did. Completely out of game.

Comment

I'm not sure if the guide stores the size itself so you can try the following:
              - disable the guide from the addons window in the character selection screen
              - select a character and log in
              - log out
              - enable the guide addon and log in

Comment

Yes, that got it to work. Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
                X