MoP Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MoP Question

I was just wondering if the upgrade prices are gonna stay the same after MoP... I own all the guides and as of right now if I wanna upgrade all of them its gonna be over $100..

Yes, the prices should stay the same and not change after MoP is released.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I in no way think that $110.00 as a small fee to upgrade all my guides. I am very, very disappointed!

Comment

Originally posted by catmandue View Post
        I in no way think that $110.00 as a small fee to upgrade all my guides. I am very, very disappointed!
        Each upgrade is between $15 - $20, that's the "small fee" we refer to. The price you mentioned is the total for upgrading 5 different guide types, 10 products in all, which is a ton of content. Your guides will still continue to work even if you decide not to upgrade. The upgrade is if you would like 2+ more years of continual updates, new content, and features for the Mists of Pandaria expansion.
        Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
          Each upgrade is between $15 - $20, that's the "small fee" we refer to. The price you mentioned is the total for upgrading 5 different guide types, 10 products in all, which is a ton of content. Your guides will still continue to work even if you decide not to upgrade. The upgrade is if you would like 2+ more years of continual updates, new content, and features for the Mists of Pandaria expansion.
          I originally paid $60.00 for the leveling & loremaster guide. Now I have to pay $30.00 (that's 50% folks) to upgrade it? That's just one of the guides I have. As I said before, in what universe is a 50% fee considered a "small fee"?

Comment

Keep in mind that these upgrades are more like a future investment. You will be getting a ton of content over the next 2 years or so as Blizzard adds more and more content into the game throughout the Mists of Pandaria expansion cycle.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I originally paid $60.00 for the leveling & loremaster guide. Now I have to pay $30.00 (that's 50% folks) to upgrade it? That's just one of the guides I have. As I said before, in what universe is a 50% fee considered a "small fee"?
              Actually, the $30.00 price is to upgrade 2 guides, 1 Alliance and 1 Horde, making the price of a single upgrade only $15.00. That's the small fee we refer to. Upgrading multiple guides is going to have a higher cost because it's the total of several small fees combined.

Comment

<insert my admin pic here>

If your an admin, you get it.
                "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
                  Actually, the $30.00 price is to upgrade 2 guides, 1 Alliance and 1 Horde, making the price of a single upgrade only $15.00. That's the small fee we refer to. Upgrading multiple guides is going to have a higher cost because it's the total of several small fees combined.
                  I'm sorry, but your math is faulty. The original price of the package I bought was $60.00. The price to upgrade the package I bought is $30.00. That is 50%. And... for just the Alliance guide, the original price was $40.00, and the upgrade price for that is $20, which, again, is 50%. No matter how you look at it, it is always going to be 50%. No amount of math is going to change that.

Comment

I'm sorry, but your math is faulty. The original price of the package I bought was $60.00. The price to upgrade the package I bought is $30.00. That is 50%. And... for just the Alliance guide, the original price was $40.00, and the upgrade price for that is $20, which, again, is 50%. No matter how you look at it, it is always going to be 50%. No amount of math is going to change that.
                    Yes, purchasing just a single faction upgrade by itself is $20.00, but the bundle deal you referred to has each upgrade at $15.00.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                      Keep in mind that these upgrades are more like a future investment. You will be getting a ton of content over the next 2 years or so as Blizzard adds more and more content into the game throughout the Mists of Pandaria expansion cycle.
                      Blizzard has announced several times expansion cycles will be shorter, more like a 18-month cycle. That is certainly not 2+ years. In reality, it's a year of updates as the content patches wind down with the anticipation of the new expansion. That being said, I would hope that you can understand why it seems to be overpriced.

You're asking $20 to update the titles and macros guide for both factions, which is more than I even paid to get them in the first place.
                      Another $20 for the mounts and pets guide update (just one expansion), when I paid $25 for vanilla, TBC, WotLK, and Cataclysm content.

The leveling and dailies guides seem reasonable considering the amount of work that goes into them, but these newer guides are less work and are nearly 100% increase from just one expansion ago.

Comment

Tryptukos, you are not as right as you think.

VANILLA WoW, released in 2004, with questing paths set. Then launch of Burning Crusade. Then launch of Wrath....

Then Cataclysm comes out years later and revamps everything. Every guide owner that had the leveling guides, even from day 1 of Zygor Guides launch, got the entire guide updated to reflect every single change Bliz did the their zones, the quests, the linear nature of the quests, the phasing... everything was updated for the guides at no charge to the guide owners.

It isnt about expansions. Its about updates, and Zygor et al has been true to their word and their commitment. If they ever falter on a promise they made, I'll be one of the first to comment on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
                          Then Cataclysm comes out years later and revamps everything. Every guide owner that had the leveling guides, even from day 1 of Zygor Guides launch, got the entire guide updated to reflect every single change Bliz did the their zones, the quests, the linear nature of the quests, the phasing... everything was updated for the guides at no charge to the guide owners.
                          No charge? I remember having to pay to update my guides to Cataclysm, so there was definitely a charge. Based on the amount of work that was done for the Cataclysm update (which I can agree was a LOT of work), compared to the MoP expansion, updating cost should be less because they aren't having to rework the entire guide.

Comment

Originally posted by tryptukos View Post
                            No charge? I remember having to pay to update my guides to Cataclysm, so there was definitely a charge. Based on the amount of work that was done for the Cataclysm update (which I can agree was a LOT of work), compared to the MoP expansion, updating cost should be less because they aren't having to rework the entire guide.
                            Yes, for the new content. NEW content. Content you did not already own. You paid for what you didnt have, same as this go-around.

So no, you did not pay for an update.

www.dictionary.com

update =

upgrade =

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
                              Yes, for the new content. NEW content. Content you did not already own. You paid for what you didnt have, same as this go-around.
                              Is the 1-60 revamp not also considered NEW content, which was wrapped into the Cataclysm upgrade, which I paid for?

If they were able to revamp 3/4 of the leveling experience and add 5 new levels of content at once price point, shouldn't they be able to add just 5 levels of new content at a lower price point?

Comment

Working...
                              X