No announcement yet.

Magic Key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you sure you don't have a 2nd WoW installation and you're working in the wrong one?
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Weird idea there. But no. Not got 2 installations.

Comment

ok now i am curious.
        first of. the magic button (gratefully) still works.
        But wait ... on another account (same bindings-cache.wtf) it does NOT work
        just wanted to let you know, i will write if i found an answer.
        any tipps where to look are welcome
        needless to say that its all the same: addon, ... but some configs might conflict.

Comment

ok i found it,
          it seems to be tied to the "Step numbers"

so go to: zygor settings/guide step display/show step numbers
          and tick that ON

have fun

Comment

HI,
            ok i havent been around for a while and checking back in: woof, my favorite feature broke "the magic key"

1. i had to remove any traces of zygor (addon and wtf) to be able to update at all.
            2. neither the clicking on a target name in the guide, nor the corresponfing magic key works (of course not if the clicking didnt work in the first place)

so my question ist: can someone point me somewher what i have overlooked?

since:
            Version: 4.0.6147Released on: March 21st, 2013
            Guide Viewer
            Bugfixes for odd errors (login window placement, MagicKey startup)
            i assume the magickey and the clicking on stuff in the guide is supposed to still work.

any hint is welcome.

and btw. thanks for supporting carbonite ;-)

EDIT: P.S. the "click here to procede" works, just incase someone wants to know

EDIT2: I can see that you renamed it to e.g. "ZygorGuidesViewerFrame_Step1_Line3Clicker", but the mouse clilcking on the guide target doesnt work, as i said above

Comment

We'll check into this to see what's happening.

Comment

works again with 4.0.6209

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by barracuda View Post
                  i assume the magickey and the clicking on stuff in the guide is supposed to still work.
                  Dang, was thinking that the magic key had been brought back then. But cannot find an option for it. So I suppose it's not the magic key that were all after.

Comment

and broken in 4.0.6343

removing all addons but zygor. still not working, as before, neither the function nor the "clickable text" works.

But I assume its supposed to work, since the mobnames still have that function?

Any hint? maybe i am missing something

Comment

I've got this on our list to get looked into.

Comment

any update on this one?

can we get an info about a timeline on when you plan to fix this. actually i am no programmer, but this doesnt looks overly complex to me?

Comment

I have no ETA or anything like that for this. However when I go in game and click on the chat bubble next to an NPC name in the guide viewer it does target that NPC and set a raid marker on them like it should be doing. If it is also working for the dev team it would make it very hard for them to find out why it's not working for a few people.

Comment

ah thank you for that one ... this is very interesting to read, I will dig into my system again and try to pin that problem.

Do you use the "default settings" for a fresh your zygor config? (Because earlier the step numbers needed to be active)
                            And dont use an "old" setting. I mean maybe you have some "artifact" configs set, that i cannot reach anymore?

Thank you

Comment

Hi,

OK thank you for that answer. I will try to find a problem in my config.
                              I would be interested whether
                              * you use default Zygor settings?
                              * you use fresh installed default settings (compared to some old artifact settings)?

Comment

Forums are being very slow for me. I don't normally use the default config. I often have it showing step numbers (everything on that options page checked) and I view 2 steps at a time in upside down mode. I don't think I have any settings going on that would be 'left-over' from previous versions.

Comment

Working...
                                X