3.3.3248 broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3.3.3248 broken

3.3.3248 can't find an appropriate guide and the guide window is blank. This is the same on all my toons. Pressing the Suggest button shows no suggestions.

I've had to go back to the list of guides, choose Leveling, then find the correct guide myself on all chars.

Also my Human Warrior, while questing in the Cape of Stranglethorn, reached level 34 but I didn't get a popup saying I was ready for Western Plaguelands. The current guide was showing grey but, again, the Suggest button didn't work. I had to manually select Western Plaguelands (which was green and showing 4%).

Same here. Except my 67 lvl warrior has no guides available at all, not for leveling, at least, and the only profession guide available is skinning. I can't even manually select a guide.

Comment

same here ... cant select a guide to save my life , attempted a fresh install nothing resolved

Comment

You should be able to manually select a guide from the Guides section of the guide selection window.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

My guess is that adding the two new guide types "Dungeon" and "Gear" with our preorder threw off everyone's guides. You should be able to click the Guides button at the top to get back to the menu. As for "Suggested" guides no longer working, we are looking into this.
          Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

I just got a report that the Loremaster guides aren't linking properly over to the Leveling guides as well. I noticed there was a 'ghost' Leveling entry in the guide selection for the guide that had been loaded before the update but was able to use the normal Leveling entry to select a guide. After logging out and back in the 2nd 'ghost' Leveling entry was gone.

Comment

Fixed as per rev.3249, now the guides are once again suggested correctly.

Comment

When will that go out to the Updater?

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                  I just got a report that the Loremaster guides aren't linking properly over to the Leveling guides as well. I noticed there was a 'ghost' Leveling entry in the guide selection for the guide that had been loaded before the update but was able to use the normal Leveling entry to select a guide. After logging out and back in the 2nd 'ghost' Leveling entry was gone.
                  That's because the naming scheme for internals have been changed. Say, you had "Zygor's Leveling/Somewhere" saved as you guide while in the new scheme there ain't even a "Zygor's Leveling" category. My recent fix allows the picker to bypass this problem so anybody updating since now won't get a ghost entry.
                  C̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶d̶e̶t̶a̶i̶l̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶l̶o̶r̶e̶m̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶p̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶?̶ No need, saw the problem myself.

Comment

From the report I got it sounded like it just wasn't linking over to the Leveling guides properly. Like the leechsteps wasn't able to load the proper Leveling guide it was calling. I didn't really have any specific info on it and haven't tried to do any testing on it.

Comment

From the report I got it sounded like it just wasn't linking over to the Leveling guides properly. Like the leechsteps wasn't able to load the proper Leveling guide it was calling. I didn't really have any specific info on it and haven't tried to do any testing on it.
                      Seen it happen and the reason is still in my post. Doing a remedy along with some little other fix, should be arriving in the next revision / 15 mins.

Comment

Sounds great.

Comment

Sounds great.
                          I say: r3250. Fixed the loremaster and the similar things.

Comment

Now we just need to wait for someone to push the 'GO' button to get them put out to the Updater.

Comment

All fixed in 3.3.3251 - thanks for the update

Comment

Working...
                              X