canot see main menu to chose guide.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

canot see main menu to chose guide.

They just added the Pilgrim Achievements with version 3.3.3148, but now I'm getting lua errors when I click the down arrow on the right of the title and cannot access the guide's main menu anymore, to chose a different guide. Here are the two errors I'M getting:

error #1

Message: Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Guides\ZygorAch ievementsHorde.lua:8734: unexpected symbol near '=='
    Time: Wed Nov 23 16:26:34 2011
    Count: 2
    Stack:
    Locals:

error #2

Message: [string "_Update() return not not (not achieve(3559..."]:1: attempt to call global 'achieve' (a nil value)
    Time: Wed Nov 23 16:26:42 2011
    Count: 1
    Stack: [string "_Update() return not not (not achieve(3559..."]:1: in main chunk
    (tail call): ?
    Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Goal.lua:87: in function `GetStatus'
    Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Goal.lua:100: in function `UpdateStatus'
    Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Step.lua:40: in function `IsComplete'
    Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Guide.lua:94: in function `GetCompletion'
    Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Guide.lua:106: in function `GetCompletionText'
    ...ygorGuidesViewer\Skins\midnight\GuidePickerFram e.lua:660: in function `Refresh'
    ...ygorGuidesViewer\Skins\midnight\GuidePickerFram e.lua:530: in function `NavigateTo'
    ...ygorGuidesViewer\Skins\midnight\GuidePickerFram e.lua:540: in function `NavigateToGuide'
    ...ygorGuidesViewer\Skins\midnight\GuidePickerFram e.lua:466: in function `Show'
    ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:2998: in function `OpenGuideMenu'
    ...Ons\ZygorGuidesViewer\Skins\midnight\ViewerFram e.lua:1077: in function <...Ons\ZygorGuidesViewer\Skins\midnight\ViewerFra me.lua:1066>

Locals: (*temporary) = nil
    (*temporary) = 3559
    (*temporary) = "attempt to call global 'achieve' (a nil value)"

Thanks.

Looks like someone forgot something in the file. Near the end there's the following:
    ================================================== ================================================== ==========================
    EVENTS
    ================================================== ================================================== ==========================
    And that's no comment so the guide viewer tries to parse it.

For a quick fix open the WoW\Interface\Addons\ZygorGuidesViewer\Guides\Zygo rAchievementsHorde.lua file with a text editor (notepad), go to the and of the file and you'll see the three lines. Just delete them.

Putting this into the bug list.

Comment

Cool, thanks...

except I'm still getting error #2

Message: [string "_Update() return not not (not achieve(3559..."]:1: attempt to call global 'achieve' (a nil value)
      Time: Wed Nov 23 19:27:53 2011
      Stack: [string "_Update() return not not (not achieve(3559..."]:1: in main chunk
      (tail call): ?
      Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Goal.lua:87: in function `GetStatus'
      Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Goal.lua:100: in function `UpdateStatus'
      Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Step.lua:40: in function `IsComplete'
      Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Guide.lua:94: in function `GetCompletion'
      Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Guide.lua:106: in function `GetCompletionText'
      ...ygorGuidesViewer\Skins\midnight\GuidePickerFram e.lua:660: in function `Refresh'
      ...ygorGuidesViewer\Skins\midnight\GuidePickerFram e.lua:530: in function `NavigateTo'
      ...ygorGuidesViewer\Skins\midnight\GuidePickerFram e.lua:540: in function `NavigateToGuide'
      ...ygorGuidesViewer\Skins\midnight\GuidePickerFram e.lua:466: in function `Show'
      ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:2998: in function `OpenGuideMenu'
      ...Ons\ZygorGuidesViewer\Skins\midnight\ViewerFram e.lua:1077: in function <...Ons\ZygorGuidesViewer\Skins\midnight\ViewerFra me.lua:1066>

Locals: (*temporary) = nil
      (*temporary) = 3559
      (*temporary) = "attempt to call global 'achieve' (a nil value)"

:-(

Comment

Here's how to fix the first problem easy: http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...ty-Quest-Error

The 2nd error sounds more like a corrupted file, try using the Repair button in the Updater.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Found the second one. That was nasty...
          In the WoW\Interface\Addons\ZygorGuidesViewer\Guides\Zygo rIncludesHorde.lua file.
          Search for:
          achieve(
          You should find two positions, line 2162 and 2163.
          Change it to:
          achieved(

Comment

Hi Cabby, I always try the repair button first.

And Cartman, that worked.

Thanks to you both.

Comment

First problem fixed now with 3158. The 2nd one that Cartman has the fix for still isn't in the update.
              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

The 2nd one should be fixed now.

Comment

Looked where you said to (for the first issue) and can't find that at all. I'm getting the same message, is there an alternate place to search for the fix?

Date: 2011-11-27 16:59:44
                  ID: -6
                  Error occured in: Global
                  Message: ...nterface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Guides\ZygorA chievementsHordeTrial.lua line 84:
                  unexpected symbol near '=='
                  Debug:
                  [C]: ?
                  AddOns:
                  Swatter, v3.2.4 (<%codename%>)
                  AutoDing, v4.1.2
                  AutoRepair, v
                  Babylonian, v5.1.DEV.312(/embedded)
                  Carbonite, v4.22
                  CarboniteTransfer, v1.01
                  Configator, v5.1.DEV.312(/embedded)
                  Gatherer, v3.2.4
                  LightHeaded, v341
                  Overachiever, v0.64
                  SlideBar, v3.2.4 (<%codename%>)
                  Titan, v5.0.8.40200 - Revision 519
                  TitanBag, v5.0.8.40200
                  TitanClock, v5.0.8.40200
                  TitanGold, v5.0.8.40200
                  TitanLocation, v5.0.8.40200
                  TitanLootType, v5.0.8.40200
                  TitanPerformance, v5.0.8.40200
                  TitanRepair, v5.0.8.40200
                  TitanVolume, v5.0.8.40200
                  TitanXP, v5.0.8.40200
                  TomTom, vv40200-1.4.3
                  ZygorGuidesViewer, v3.3
                  BlizRuntimeLib_enUS v4.2.2.40200 <us>
                  (ck=297)

Comment

This has been fixed some time ago, please make sure you have the latest guide (3166).

Comment

I definitely have the latest guide and ran the repair just in case, any other possible suggestions?

Comment

Maybe the addons folder setting in the updater is wrong or WoW changed the folder with the update.
                        If you didn't install WoW into the standard program files path the addons folder should be inside WoW\Interface. If WoW is in program files the addons folder may be somewhere in the users folder.

You can use the manual installation zip file from the members section to test this without messing around with the updater settings. Just extract it to the addons folder.

Comment

Working...
                        X