Build 3024 messes up graphics when opening backpacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Build 3024 messes up graphics when opening backpacks

I just ran the updater to get build 3024 (upgraded from 2978). I noticed that when I open the backpacks now, the visible portion of the screen is chopped off to the right, and the right 1/3 of the screen is all black. I disabled the Zygor add-on and logged in again, and the problem was gone.

To be thorough, I then quit out of the application completely, ran a "repair" installation of 3024 from the updater and tried again. With the add-on disabled, there was no problem. With the add-on enabled, the graphics glitch returned.

If it matters, I'm running a Mac version with 1360x768 graphics resolution.

This is something we're actively looking into, should be fixed very soon. Thanks.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

what is new in the most recent update? Kind of wondering if I should hold off until graphical error is fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by 1manarmy View Post
        what is new in the most recent update? Kind of wondering if I should hold off until graphical error is fixed.
        -- Alliance Guides Change Log --
        Changed the G.N.E.R.D.S. achievement to 10 honorable kills instead of 50.
        Fixed a Horde flight path in Firelands dailies (hellscream's watch)
        Added Shattered Sun Offensive to Reputation (Horde / Alliance)
        Added Netherwing to Reputation (Horde / Alliance)
        Improved the location in Shadowmoon Valley for fishing Felblood Fillet needed for the "Old Man Barlowned" achievement".
        Added in Alliance and Horde includes and set up the Hallows End guides to use them.
        Added Ogri'la Pre Quest / Daily Quests to Horde and Alliance.
        Old Man Barlowned achievement: Added missing npc id to Cook Ghilm. Corrected coordinates for Tansy Puddlefizz and Gearcutter Cogspinner.
        Added clickable icons to all the candy buckets steps for the Handful of Candy.
        Working on Honor Hold for the alliance rep guides.
        Added Jenkins Title to Horde and Alliance guides. Complete.
        Added Cooking Title "Chef" to Horde and Alliance guides. Complete.
        Added The Patient to alliance and horde
        Added Honor Hold(Reputation)
        Completed The Alliance Lower City Guide. (rep)
        * Worgen step 201: waypoint corrected and used explicit mapids so that the waypointer doesn't get confused over multiple maps sharing the same name
        - The Expert section of the Blacksmithing guide now repeats instructions to buy or farm Bronze Bar and Coarse Stone in order to create Patterned Bronze Bracers. This is needed because users jumping in at Expert level did not have the materials because they were collected previously in the Journeyman section.

- The Engineering guide now only instructs users to make 22 Unstable Triggers, not 222. Spelling typo in the work "Engineering" fixed.
        - In the Blacksmithing guide users are now instructed to buy Green Dye from the tailoring vendor instead of the Leatherworking trainer.
        Alliance and Horde Shattered Sun Title ready

-- Horde Guides Change Log --
        Changed the G.N.E.R.D.S. achievement to 10 honorable kills instead of 50.
        Added clickable coordinates in Vash'jir Leveling Guide.
        Added Shattered Sun Offensive to Reputation (Horde / Alliance)
        Added Netherwing to Reputation (Horde / Alliance)
        Working on Ogri'la (Horde)
        Fixed a router (fish_450-525) in the Fishing guide that was causing a jump error.
        Added in Alliance and Horde includes and set up the Hallows End guides to use them.
        Added Ogri'la Pre Quest / Daily Quests to Horde and Alliance.
        Added clickable icons to all the candy buckets steps for the Handful of Candy.
        Added Thrallmar (complete) to the horde rep guides.
        Added Jenkins Title to Horde and Alliance guides. Complete.
        Added Cooking Title "Chef" to Horde and Alliance guides. Complete.
        Added The Patient to alliance and horde
        Added Lower City(Reputation/Horde)
        Added fishing title Salty to Horde Guides
        Fixed Horde Flight Paths that appeared in the Alliance Reputation guides.
        Finished the Horde Lower City Guide (rep)
        Added Shattered Sun Prequest and Dailies to Horde Titles guide (not complete)
        - The Expert section of the Blacksmithing guide now repeats instructions to buy or farm Bronze Bar and Coarse Stone in order to create Patterned Bronze Bracers. This is needed because users jumping in at Expert level did not have the materials because they were collected previously in the Journeyman section.

- The Engineering guide now only instructs users to make 22 Unstable Triggers, not 222. Spelling typo in the work "Engineering" fixed.
        - Changed the location hearth stone is set to in the Cooking guide to The Filthy Animal in Dalaran
        Alliance and Horde Shattered Sun Title ready

-- Talent Builds Change Log --
        Changed Improved Water Shield to Resurgence in the Talent Advisor build data file.

-- Guides Viewer Change Log --
        fixed modelviewer anomalies when using fullscreen map or alt-z
        MagicKey disabled

-- Other Changes --
        Changes in Achievements, routing and labels added to not skip sections in "Squirrels I have loved"

* Carbonite now supports waypath goals such as gathering routes
        * TomTom ants support added

* Added an optimization to how multiwaypoint steps are displayed in Carbonite, reused its function

* (in) Ants optimization proposal in Carbonite code, might be useful for the Internal waypointer if FPS issue is still relevant

Added Shattered Sun Dailies INcludes to common file.
        Added Salty Titles to includes and Titles (complete)

Hallows End updated with incorrect waypoints for candy buckets

Fishing in Achievements addeda use command and added direction for players to understand how to obtain goal.
        Added Bouldercrag's refuge to LibRover
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by ziggy29 View Post
          I just ran the updater to get build 3024 (upgraded from 2978). I noticed that when I open the backpacks now, the visible portion of the screen is chopped off to the right, and the right 1/3 of the screen is all black. I disabled the Zygor add-on and logged in again, and the problem was gone.

To be thorough, I then quit out of the application completely, ran a "repair" installation of 3024 from the updater and tried again. With the add-on disabled, there was no problem. With the add-on enabled, the graphics glitch returned.

If it matters, I'm running a Mac version with 1360x768 graphics resolution.
          Thx Ziggy I was just about to do a post same thing for but im on a PC, at least Zygor is looking in to it (mirror) - just kidding
          Elune be with you

Comment

Moving this to the bugs section.
            I have no problems using Bagnon as bag replacement. So for those who can't wait you can try this (and never use Blizzard bags again ):
            http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/bagnon

Comment

Fixed in 3026, thank you for reporting..

Comment

Hi Guys , I just installed ...... Oh you know... ummm well...I have a PC.. Umm oh its fixed already . Ummm Well then i guess.. WOOT
                If only Microsoft or Bliz worked this quickly

Love the work guys.

Comment

Originally posted by rizen View Post
                  Hi Guys , I just installed ...... Oh you know... ummm well...I have a PC.. Umm oh its fixed already . Ummm Well then i guess.. WOOT
                  If only Microsoft or Bliz worked this quickly

Love the work guys.
                  Thank you for your support Just for information, you have it fixed in a revision >=3026 or less?

Comment

When will we be able to download it on the updater?

Comment

Originally posted by ctkdjane1 View Post
                      When will we be able to download it on the updater?
                      No idea the updater still only says 3.3.3024
                      --PvP Junkie--

Comment

I can't exactly tell for the timing, I'm really sorry but I personally don't know how it is wired on the site and updater, but for everybody willing a quick fix until the update is ready:
                        1. Navigate to WOW Folder\Interface\Addons\ZygorGuidesViewer3
                        2. Open the file ZygorGuidesViewer.lua
                        3. Navigate to the end of the file
                        4. The last two lines would be like hooksecurefunc(...)
                        5. Either delete both of them, or put a double hyphen at the start of the line (so they look like -- hooksecurefunc(..))
                        6. Save, /reload as usual.

Comment

The "quick fix" does not fix.

Comment

Originally posted by bartooms View Post
                            The "quick fix" does not fix.
                            Are you sure you removed the lines:
                            hooksecurefunc("ContainerFrame_OnHide",ResizeWorld ToBags)
                            hooksecurefunc("updateContainerFrameAnchors",Resiz eWorldToBags)
                            And restarted your interface with /reload command?

Comment

Yes, 200% sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X