No announcement yet.

Guide causing consistent fps issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, gentlemen, we're ready to find the real cause of the slowdowns. As soon as rev3039 hits the updater, a polished profiler is included. Here's what we need to track the problem down:
    1. Enable profiling information to ZGV:
    Code:
    /zygor profiler
    The would instantly reload. There's no need to clear this option as it will automatically be cleared the next time you relog or the interface is reset.
    2. The tooltip for the Zygor button is updated when the profiler is enabled:
    finally.jpg
    3. Go to the point where you usually experience the stutter bug.
    4. Before reproducing the slowdown, press Ctrl+Alt+Right Mouse on the Zygor button. The chat frame will say that profiling have been started.
    5. Produce a stutter. The smaller is the time between steps 4 and 6, the more accurate the measurement will be.
    6. Click the button again. It will produce a report like the following:
    profiler_rep.jpg
    The operation itself is quite slow b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶b̶a̶d̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ for we are building a big database on every function in your interface, so it's totally ok for it to take long. I advice turning off as many addons as possible before operation, because each one would add up the functions in question.
    Copy the report and save it as a text file (in Notepad for example), then attach it here.
    7. Optionally reload your interface for more comfortable play as the profiler takes some CPU to maintain.
    Code:
    /reload
    Hopefully, we'll be able to finally find out the reason of the bug.

Update: if you saw a different version of this post, don't be afraid, we just decided to redesign it in a manner that would not touch the main window.

Comment

Strange, when I stumbled across a step that caused lags before (the Firelands daily mentioned HERE) I wanted to test if I can reproduce the stuttering and it now worked without bigger problems. OK, it ran a bit smoother with all addons except the guide disabled but enabling everything didn't cause the stuttering I experienced the last week (small lags every 1-2 seconds and longer lags when a questgoal counter increases).
      If I see it stuttering again I'll try the debug thing.

Comment

This is weird. When I try "/zygor profiler" all the lag disappears so its hard to report anything. It happened yesterday with the Honor Hold guide and today again with the Firelands dailies.

1. I get lag
        2. I type "/zygor profiler". UI reloads
        3. No lag!

Comment

Originally posted by krendar View Post
          This is weird. When I try "/zygor profiler" all the lag disappears so its hard to report anything. It happened yesterday with the Honor Hold guide and today again with the Firelands dailies.

1. I get lag
          2. I type "/zygor profiler". UI reloads
          3. No lag!
          The bug is afraid of us it seems! I could advise turning the profiler before going to dailies, playing a bit with it and then trying to reproduce it. It may have something to do with resource accumulation so that when UI reloads we are actually dispelling it. By the way, could you try doing /reload when the bug appears without a profiler to see if it would have a similar effect?

Comment

So, while playing on my wife's PC I found I can consistently reproduce a major FPS drop using the Alch/Herb guide in Hellfire. Attached is the profiler output.

profiler.txt

Comment

Terrokar Forest (64-66 step 144) causing slight lag
              Attached Files

Comment

nagrand (66-67 step 12) causing lag. Starting profiler reduces lag considerably but it is still there.
                Attached Files

Comment

Not sure if its related but I have installed Gathermate and routes (from curse) for a long time. Yesterday I unstalled them since they were not used. I have not experienced any kind of lag and I used the guide a lot today.

Comment

Hello. I beg a pardon for not having reported in this thread due to small health probs. Thank you for the report, will be investigating them.

Not sure if its related but I have installed Gathermate and routes (from curse) for a long time.
                    This indeed may be the root of some part of the problem because as shown in the first log SetWaypoint is the main time eater and what it basically does is the map icon manipulation, so they may come at odds with other map-centric addons.

Comment

Blade's Edge Mountains (67-68 Step 91) causing really bad lag
                      Attached Files

Comment

Sames

Here's mine. @ Stormwind guide is on Dark Phoenix Hatchling.

profile.txt

Comment

ok... I took one for the team (so to speak lol) with a record 175 deaths, I was able to figure it out, not the solution, but what is causing it. When you die, for me anyways, the UI reasets - note the wallpaper when its transfering you to the gy. Thats when the "lag" starts. Once I rez, and type "/reload ui" - its all smooth again.

Hope that helps. So while the zygor team is figuring this out, try the "/reload ui" and see what happens!
                          My Gaming History from XFIRE! or
                          STEAM Profile

Comment

I am having the same issues - the guides are eating up my fps, I have tried everything to determine the cause, even tested each addon 1 by 1, and it is only occurring when I have the zygor guides addons running. Is there a fix in the works? System stats: Intel DX58SO Motherboard, Intel Core i7 960 (4 HT cores @ 3.2GHz(8 cores), 6GB Crucial 1333 RAM, 2 x nVidia GeForce GTX 460 in SLI, Intel SSD hdd. With those base specs, I should NEVER have performance issues, but the guides are causing a noticeable drop in performance.

**edit* just noticed, stutter issues on Love Is In The Air Dailies Guide, step12. If I advance to step 13, stutter goes away. Especially noticeable when in flight. Also occurs on other travel steps ie; Love Is In The Air steps 14, 15, 16, stops when I advance to step 17
                            Last edited by dragonkind; February 10, 2012, 08:21 AM. Reason: added info

Comment

Dragonkind, could you please follow the steps in post #46 back on page 5 and submit your results here to help our programmer find the cause of the fps issues.
                              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Started profiler on Love Is In The Air Dailies Guide, step 13 (no stutter), then click-progressed through steps 14, 15, 16 (stutter) and 17 (no stutter)
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X