Auto turn in quests issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto turn in quests issue

I just came back to WoW after a six month break. As per usual, I updated all of my current addons and logged in.

One great feature I recall of your guide was to auto accept and turn in quests. I found the feature and promptly ticked both because speed is of the essence while leveling another alt. I didn't know how true that statement would be later on.

While turning in a gathering quest with an item reward, the turn in paused at the item screen which shows what I'm turning in (IE wolf hides or some such). At the reward screen it zipped on by and turned in the quest without me selecting a proper reward.

Let me also state that I use an addon to highlight the highest selling reward. In my case I usually use Quest Reward, but after noticing this issue I tried another addon called Vendor Value with the exact same results.

The features work fine when the vendor addons are disabled. So why is this an issue? Because I'm 93.2817% sure that the feature didn't behave that way when I last played at Cataclysm launch. I currently play with the feature turned off.

My question is - why does it pause at the item turn in phase and not at the item reward phase and auto completes the quest if a reward is highlighted but not selected?

I use VendorBait to highlight the most valuable quest reward and did not notice that the guide turns in quests without me selecting a reward.
    However I also noticed that the auto turnin does not work when items had to be handed over to turn in a quest.
    Maybe Blizzard changed some of the functions the guide uses for this feature. Wouldn't be the first time that Blizzard messes up things.

Comment

My personal suggestion for now would be to disable those addons that highlight the best value items for quest rewards. It seems that it's been causing the stuff to automatically be selected as the reward with the auto-complete function of the guides. Even without those addons it only takes a few seconds to look at the different values and spot the highest vendor valued item.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Wow, some quick replies there.

After some more experimentation you hit the nail on the head Cabby, any best value add-on which highlights the highest value item via the selection method causes Zygor's auto turn in to recognize it as a the wanted item and therefore completes the quest.

I get the rule of thumb for highest value quest rewards, I just like to use an addon for that function.

I was able to find another addon called Blitz which doesn't interfere with Zygor's auto quest functions. It treats reward selection separately and only marks the highest value item. Also, it doesn't select any items unless you want it to via it's options.

All is good in the world....of warcraft. Thanks again for the quick replies.

Comment

Working...
        X