Problem updating guide from 3.2.2459 to 3.2.2462

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem updating guide from 3.2.2459 to 3.2.2462

I tried to update the guide today, only to get some weird program loop. The guide opens up fine, but as it tries to update from 3.2.2459 to 3.2.2462 it keeps saying that its auto updating to the new one, but doesn't seem to be doing it. It seems to try and upload it only for the upload to not go thru. I keep getting the message over and over again that it's automatically updating to 3.2.2462, only its not fully updating. This is the first time its ever done something like this. It keeps flashing the message but not actually fully uploading the updates. You see it checking for the update, and it unpacks the update, tries to upload. Only for it to not seem to be able to complete the update. It keeps looping the on itself, like its confused or something.

I can confirm this behaviour.
    The ver.lua file says it's version number 2459, even in the manual installation file. So most likely either 2462 is not up on the server or ver.lua is wrong while the server reports another version to be current.

Edit: the strange thing is that the filename of the manual installtion zip says it's 2462. So I suppose ver.lua to be wrong.

Comment

Same here.
      Current Version: 3.2.2459
      Latest Version: 3.2.2462

When i push "update" i see "preparing checksums, downloading upate (downloading) and a applying but the current version dosent update.
      I tried to run application as administrator (not needed before) but no luck.
      I tried to do a repair. It clears my current to "none" and downloading new pack but ends up at

Current Version: 3.2.2459
      Latest Version: 3.2.2462

When pushing LOG it says: ERROR: Can't find change log for version 3.2.2462
      I got patcher v1.3.4110.2901 if thats any info to you.

Comment

I am having the same problem with the updater not updating as it should. Do you have a solution for this.

Comment

Hey Dark, I am having the same issue. Just in the interim until the smart guys figure out what the problem is you can turn off the automated update by holding the Shift button down when you double click the icon on your desktop. When the program opens click on the "settings" button and make sure the check box next to "Automatic mode" is unchecked then hit ok. From there the main window will come back up and you can choose to click the "update" button from there or not. This method will not solve the problem that we are currently having but it will stop the updater from continually looping. Good Luck.

Comment

The version number was not changed in the ver.lua file so the Updater thinks you still have the old version. As long as you have attempted to update the guides then you do have the latest version. For people with the Updater stuck in a loop go to your WoW/Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer folder and edit the Ver.lua file. On the 3rd line replace the 2459 with 2462 and then save it. This will allow the Updater to know you have the latest version and stop all the looping.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Same issue, any word on a permanent fix to it?

Comment

When Zygor updates the guides again he'll change that number and it will be fixed. You can always feel free to make the change I mentioned above as that would be the permanent fix that Zygor would do.

Comment

Thanks Cabby, it worked.

Comment

I am not getting error, just does not change current version number. Log reads: *ERROR: Can't find change log for version 3.2.2462* also. Guide still works though!

Comment

I modified the proper file and now it works fine.

Comment

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Attempting to following advice but I am unable to access the file in order to implement changes, my comp wont allow me to do so. It asks you what do you want to open the file with and I thought adobe reader 9.4 might help or internet explorer but neither works. So Im trying to open it with "notepad" and was able to see the information and effected the edit but I dont know if that works.

Comment

Yes, notepad or any other similar text editor is all that's needed to open and edit the lua files.

Comment

Guides Not updating

I was having the same problem with the guide not updating and was going in a loop but i follow your advice cabby and it works thank you!

Comment

Working...
                              X