OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alliance: Nagrand (65-67) Guide Bug (not sure if Horde version is affected as well)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alliance: Nagrand (65-67) Guide Bug (not sure if Horde version is affected as well)

Bug with Alliance/Outland/Nagrand (65-67) guide after recent update.

I upgraded guide today to cover recent update, and this guide is now bugged badly.

Only goes to step 6, right clicking the arrow to right of step number causes it to loop to step 1 thru to step 6 continuously till I reclick the arrow again to stop it.

There are no other steps in the guide (only the pre-quest ones which are for Zangarmarsh, which I have already completed). Where are the Nagrand quest steps now, as after step 6 it tries to load Blade's Edge Mountain (67-68) guide which is Improper for my Priest current level (Level 66, 33% thru level) ?
    Wildhammer EU
    Magedaveo (60) - Chaoslight (60) - Meldinor* (50) - Daveodruid (50) - Maldinor (45) - Chaoswrath (45) - Daveohunter (45)
    Daveodk (45) - Melorius (41) - Arthaskiller* (40) - Neosaurus* (40)

Thunderhorn EU
    Malock (60) - Voidemorte (60) - Thunderbolts (50) - Malpaw* (45) - Malthorn* (40)

*Horde Characters

Update to this: I have now located the rest of the Nagrand guide, it is within the Loremaster's Guide section.

Step 1 warns me that level 80 is recommended tho, is this ok to do at level 66 ?
    Wildhammer EU
    Magedaveo (60) - Chaoslight (60) - Meldinor* (50) - Daveodruid (50) - Maldinor (45) - Chaoswrath (45) - Daveohunter (45)
    Daveodk (45) - Melorius (41) - Arthaskiller* (40) - Neosaurus* (40)

Thunderhorn EU
    Malock (60) - Voidemorte (60) - Thunderbolts (50) - Malpaw* (45) - Malthorn* (40)

*Horde Characters

Comment

Looks like there is a typo in the guide file:
      Code:
      step
      goto 29.6,28.3
      .kill 5 Ango'rosh Shaman|q 9835/1
      .kill 10 Ango'rosh Ogre|q 9835/2
      .get 15 Mushroom Sample|q 9708/1\
      only if rep ('Kurenai') <= Friendly
      Note the backslash after the Mushroom Samples. This line can be completely removed as it affects a quest you don't have at that point and don't need.
      You can fix it by editing the ZygorGuidesViewer\Guides\ZygorLevelingAllianceWOTL K.lua and searching for "only if rep ('Kurenai') <= Friendly". The 6th step is the bugged one.
      The loremaster guide only covers quests not in the leveling guide. Some of them are group quests and maybe some quests in Shadowmoon are also in that guide so soloing it at below level 70 is pretty difficult.

Comment

Great Cartman!!!

That did solve the issue. Ran into the problem as well.
        With deleting the wrong line, i was able to pick up a missing q from Ikuti. (overlord gorefist)
        And after that it finally send me to Nagrand woohoo!

Many thanks again!

Kelly

Comment

The typo has been fixed in the newest guide update. But apparently the "get 15 Mushroom Sample" is still in there. This is a goal for a quest chain not related to the Kurenai reputation and this quest is not accepted in the Nagrand guide. Minor issue though because it should be skipped by the guide when you don't have the quest.

Comment

I have the same problem with Nagrand guide not loading. I'm using the Horde guide and it just went crazy as I entered Nagrand and I can accept the "load Nagrand" Guide but it then it tries to send me to Blades Edge Mountains. I tried your 'fix' for the alliance guide but could not find anything similar with the horde guide.

Comment

Just a shot into the blue but maybe the word Mag'har causes problems because of the inverted comma:
              only if rep ('The Mag'har') <= Friendly
              I'll try something.

Edit: masking the ' in Mag'har with a backslash so it looks like this worked:
              only if rep ('The Mag\'har') <= Friendly

Comment

Thanks Cartman escaping the ' for all instances of Mag'har was the ticket.

Comment

Sadly this has not been fixed in guide version 2345.

Comment

My problem is quite likely related. Upon completing Terokkar quests in the Alliance guide the guide tries to load Nagrand guide. It is labelled in the title as being the Nagrand 65-68 guide but the quests it is showing me are the few steps left over from Zangarmarsh guide that I skipped. Version 2345 here too.

Comment

The Nagrand guide directs you to Zangarmarsh first to get reputation needed in Nagrand. This is necessary as too many people had problems doing the quests in Telaar. The Nagrand quests start at step 9.

Comment

I was halfway through the Nagrand quests, hadn't played for a week, loaded up today and the Nagrand guide was back on step 1. When I went to go to the next step got the msg that Blades Edge guide didn't start until Lvl 67 & 14 bars. Loaded Blades Edge guide hoping that might do something, now can't reload Nagrand. Tried the repair function on the updater, still no good. Running Ver. 2356

Comment

This is a known bug that needs to be fixed in the guides. A temporary work around that you can do is to go to your WoW/Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Guides folder and open (with Notepad or similar) the ZygorLevelingHordeWOTLK.lua file. In there find the beginning of the Nagrand section and you'll see about 10 steps or so that have the following line:

only if rep ('The Mag'har') <= Friendly
                          Change that line to read:

only if rep ('The Mag\'har') <= Friendly
                          You have to make that change for each step with it at the beginning of that guide section. That will allow the guide to load properly.
                          Last edited by Cartman; June 27, 2011, 12:44 AM. Reason: replaced slash with backslash
                          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

You need a backslash, I editet that in your post Cabby.

Comment

Lol... coulda swore you had a regular slash in the other post.
                              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
                              X