Live Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live Chat

I know this really isn't guide related but what are the odds of setting up an IRC chat room for our members?

Hmm, interesting, this might be something we can look into down the road. However, this probably won't happen in the near future. Thanks for the suggestion. :-)
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Only reason I brought it up was b/c it'd be easier to have a conversation with fellow members as well getting assistance from the mods or any devs that may not be very busy.

Comment

Well if this happens I'm going to have to learn about it and set it up on my comp. Never used it before. I know it's a chat thing because when the Instance podcast is live on they're website they have it up but I never used it.
        I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
        Twitter @Chaos5061.
        Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

IRC is quite handy. Though if it happens, I would highly suggest that everyone uses HydraIRC. It's a free IRC client and works quite well, even on Vista.

Comment

yeh i would recomend using IRC too on a network .
            Not just for help too but to meet other zygor guides players

info here on client : http://www.mirc.com/

thats all you need really and choose a irc network to make your channel
            If you a Horde player Feel free to join our Horde group : http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/group.php?groupid=6

Comment

It might be easier and less hassle for those not familiar with IRC to just do a shoutbox on the website.
              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Possibly but you can also set up a web based IRC chat room on the site via Mibbit. And all they would have to do is input their username and hit connect.
                @James: mIRC costs money where as HydraIRC is free.

Comment

Everything on the interwebs is free, if you know where to look. But I didn't just say that.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                    Everything on the interwebs is free, if you know where to look. But I didn't just say that.
                    Just like my por... Uhh... Port? Yep, port, nothing else.

Comment

I'm going to try and set up an IRC server on my dedicated server for everybody within the week. I was going to keep it a surprise until tomorrow, but I figured might as well tell you :P.
                      It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Awesome dude, you rock!

Comment

Originally posted by dulak View Post
                          Awesome dude, you rock!
                          Ack, I spoke too soon :-(. I went through the ToS and it looks like IRC servers aren't allowed because of the amount of bandwidth it uses and vulnerabilities to DDoS attacks. .

I'm open to suggestions, though! I like the live chat idea.
                          It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

So no IRC. Hmmmm. Well there is that shoutbox idea. Only problem I have with that is it's not very useable on my iPhone. When I use the one on my guild page on wowstead the box likes to make problems. Fist it doesn't scroll at all. So anthing that passes by I'll not be able to read. The other thing is that sometimes it likes to double post.
                            I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
                            Twitter @Chaos5061.
                            Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Well, for the purposes of the original idea, you might be able to install the Help Center Live stuff on your website Silverhawk. Most of the hosting sites have that as part of the Fantastico stuff, then it would just be a matter of getting it setup and a link posted here in the forums for mods and customers to take advantage of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X