• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incoming News on SIS Remodel

Hey!

We know it's been quiet around here for a while,
    sorry about that. :-(

However, stay tuned for an update on the status
    of the Smart Injection System (SIS) remodel.

Look for that sometime tomorrow. Thanks for your
    patience, we really do appreciate it a lot!
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Thanks for the news Zygor. Can't wait to find out more about it. You going to do a video of the new system explaining things or just a post explaining it?
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I think we mods are awaiting the new SIS even more than the "normal" users

Comment

well there are atleast a few "normal" users around that are awaiting it Thanks for the new zygor
        Worgen Hunter - 85
        Night Elf Rogue - 85
        Draenei Paladin - 85
        Dwarf Shaman - 60 ( Paused )

And soon more ^^

Comment

Originally posted by chaos5061 View Post
          Thanks for the news Zygor. Can't wait to find out more about it. You going to do a video of the new system explaining things or just a post explaining it?
          Were going to have to let you be suprised with this one
          Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
          http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by truster View Post
            well there are atleast a few "normal" users around that are awaiting it Thanks for the new zygor
            As an abnormal user, I too am looking forward to the new SIS.
            85s
            Skippyninja
            Oomatherman
            Judedaniels
            MissRuPaul
            Sumekomovani
            Pattymelt
            Shamwiches
            Twonewon
            Takakoinaba
            Cursesmcgee

Comment

I haven't had too many problems with the SIS but at times it has shown that it wasn't working properly... It's always good when Zygor comes out with an update cause we know that some bugs are getting squashed, at least that's the plan, right? lol
              * Signature to be Updated at a later time *

Comment

If you run a more or less vanilla char, the SIS works just fine.

If you also run dungeons or battlegrounds, or use heirlooms, the SIS will now and then skip certain key quests, making it impossible to complete the rest of the zone - unless you go back and do the key quests.

Another problem, is mutually exclusive bread-crumb quests, that utterly derail the questing, if you pick up those outside the guide, e.g. from the heroes' poster boards in the big cities.

It is neigh impossible to decipher all the interdependencies, phasing and mutual exclusions that came with Cataclysm, so the principle behind the new SIS is perhaps the only sensible solution to the problem.

I use heirlooms, always rest my toons so they gain extra XP (park in an inn or use /sleep before logging out), run a _lot_ of dungeons, often frequent the battlegrounds and pick up interesting quests on the side. You may have guessed that I'm looking forward to trying out the new SIS
                QQ

The CIA deliberately spread misinformation that tin-foil hats prevent mind control.
                The horrible truth is, that tinfoil hats enable mind control.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Pinghansen, that was well composed and written. Thank you for the simple, elegant, and to-the-point post on the current state of the guide in comparison to what Bliz tossed to John et al with Cata.
                  "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Yea... I've had the occasional 'did the guide really just skip 3 quests?' moments and then back the guide up and go forward from there... but those have been minor for me. I can see why people that are heavily into randoms or have RAF or heirlooms on would quickly run into problems... but with the announcement on the new SIS system, it certainly sounds like things will go MUCH smoother after it's released...
                    * Signature to be Updated at a later time *

Comment

Originally posted by pinghansen View Post
                      If you run a more or less vanilla char, the SIS works just fine.

If you also run dungeons or battlegrounds, or use heirlooms, the SIS will now and then skip certain key quests, making it impossible to complete the rest of the zone - unless you go back and do the key quests.

Another problem, is mutually exclusive bread-crumb quests, that utterly derail the questing, if you pick up those outside the guide, e.g. from the heroes' poster boards in the big cities.

It is neigh impossible to decipher all the interdependencies, phasing and mutual exclusions that came with Cataclysm, so the principle behind the new SIS is perhaps the only sensible solution to the problem.

I use heirlooms, always rest my toons so they gain extra XP (park in an inn or use /sleep before logging out), run a _lot_ of dungeons, often frequent the battlegrounds and pick up interesting quests on the side. You may have guessed that I'm looking forward to trying out the new SIS
                      Wait... /sleep allows you to gain rested just like you're in an inn?
                      85s
                      Skippyninja
                      Oomatherman
                      Judedaniels
                      MissRuPaul
                      Sumekomovani
                      Pattymelt
                      Shamwiches
                      Twonewon
                      Takakoinaba
                      Cursesmcgee

Comment

No, /sleep doesn't allow you to gain rested XP.
                        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Oh, that got my hopes up for a sec.
                          85s
                          Skippyninja
                          Oomatherman
                          Judedaniels
                          MissRuPaul
                          Sumekomovani
                          Pattymelt
                          Shamwiches
                          Twonewon
                          Takakoinaba
                          Cursesmcgee

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                            No, /sleep doesn't allow you to gain rested XP.
                            Dang! I could have sworn that my chars had gained rest while I was logged out. I must be imagining things
                            QQ

The CIA deliberately spread misinformation that tin-foil hats prevent mind control.
                            The horrible truth is, that tinfoil hats enable mind control.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Only if in a inn and you don't have to /sleep. Nice trolling though
                              I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
                              Twitter @Chaos5061.
                              Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
                              X