OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After 'Skipping' or 'Mark Completed' steps, how do I "Undo" those checked items?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After 'Skipping' or 'Mark Completed' steps, how do I "Undo" those checked items?

[EDITED BY Kreelor -- I really messed up again! This whole topic would have been unneccesary if I'd only read the fine print in the Zygor step guide. It said Durak is in the cave, but I didn't see those words until today Thurs 4/12/2012). I was following the location on my Carbonite map, and kept going outside of town to where it 'looked like' Durak was supposed to be. Geeeesh! VERY SORRY!]

After clicking on 'Skip this step' or clicking on 'Mark Completed' steps, how do I "Undo" those checked items? There appears to be no way to 'uncheck' them, and to get the guide back to being usable again.

I cannot continue using the guide because subsequent quest givers are no longer appearing where they are supposed to be.

Horde Leveling Guide
    Char: Level 22 Priest
    Guide: Kalimdor/Ashenvale (20-25)
    Step42, Level 22
    Quest: "Tell no one!"
    Objective(1): "Talk to Durak" [it's now marked as a yellow question mark]
    Objective92): "Accept Dirty Deeds" [it's now marked with yellow exclamation point]

Problem is, Durak is nowhere to be found at this location!

What will I need to do to reset the guide? Do I need to uninstall it completely, then reinstall it? I'd hate to do that because I have 10 chars to use the 'profile' thing on. heh heh.

Here's a picture of where I'm stuck:

Durak_not_found.jpg
    Last edited by kreelor; April 12, 2012, 11:59 AM. Reason: I SCREWED UP AGAIN! HE'S IN THE CAVE, NOT HERE!

First, if you right click on the Z mini map icon what does it show at the top as your guide version?

The easy way to reset the guides is to go to your WoW/WTF/Account/accountname/SavedVariables folder and delete the Zygor files in there. This will do a complete reset of the guides and talent advisor for all of your toons.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

[EDITED BY Kreelor -- I really messed up again! This whole topic would have been unneccesary if I'd only read the fine print in the Zygor step guide. It said Durak is in the cave, but I didn't see those words until today Thurs 4/12/2012). I was following the location on my Carbonite map, and kept going outside of town to where it 'looked like' Durak was supposed to be. Geeeesh! VERY SORRY!]

However, I'd still like to know if there are answers to the following:

Originally posted by cabby View Post
      The easy way to reset the guides is to go to your WoW/WTF/Account/accountname/SavedVariables folder and delete the Zygor files in there. This will do a complete reset of the guides and talent advisor for all of your toons.
      I appreciate that you replied, but a couple of questions still remain.

1. Your solution wipes out all the Zygor data for all 10 of my char's on my current realm, and maybe even the 10 char's on another realm! I wanted to know how to 'reset the quide' for just this one char, since it's the only one which has a problem. Your way seems to be over-kill. Maybe it's the only way... I don't know. Is it the only way?

2. I guess I could have posted the the following in the "request new features" forum.
      After clicking on 'Skip this step' or clicking on 'Mark Completed' steps, how do I "Undo" those checked items? There appears to be no way to 'uncheck' them, and to get the guide back to being usable again.
      You didn't comment on it. It seems like a decent 'fix' for the guide to have.

Comment

The only way to reset the guides for one toon would be to go into your SavedVariables folder and edit the ZygorGuidesViewer.lua file. In there you'll have to search for the section that has your realm and toon and delete just that section. It's easiest to find the sections with something like Notepad++ or EditPlus as they can make it easier to spot the sections than a plain text editor.

If you skip a step there is nothing to undo as all you need to do is step back in the guide. You should only use the mark complete option in the event that the guide is not detecting something that you are positive has been completed. Normally the best thing to do is ignore that right click menu for a step and if you think it needs to advance to the next step, click the next step button. If you mark something as complete when it really isn't complete (like a quest that you can't accept for whatever reason) this will throw off the rest of the guide if it was part of a chain making the guide think you can do the follow up quests when you really can't. There is no option to undo completed steps simply because the guide really is the only thing that should be marking steps as complete and there is no reason to un-mark those steps as complete.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
        X