I have a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a question

In the third sticky topic at the top of this board, How to fix issues in 3.0 (or something like that), the following text is in there ...

01) Go to your World of Warcraft directory.

02) Go to your Interface / Addons

03) Delete every folder with Zygor in the name which includes:
    ZygorGuidesViewer3
    ZygorGuidesViewer
    ZygorTalentAdvisor

04) Run a fresh install with the Zygor Client
    I have no "ZygorGuidesViewer3" folder in my addons folder, despite the fact that Guide 3.0 seems to running OK except that it can't find the Northrend (70-72) Guide, which of course is the one that I need. Every other guide I've tried to load seems to be OK, just the one that says it's missing.

I've hit the repair button in the updater like 4 times now and still no Northrend (70-72 guide). Is there something totally the matter with my install or am I just screwed here until I load up the Northrend (72-74) guide?

Post #11 has the fix: http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...done-!&p=45038
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Cabby,

I have done a search of that file, which is called "ZygorLevelingAllianceWOTLK.lua" and there are no other lines in that guide that start with ".'kill". Every one of them starts with ".kill". For instance, step 344, right about the step 345 that you want me to change, says ...

Code:
      	step //344
      		goto 53.8,9.4
      		.kill 10 Magmoth Shaman|q 11639/1
      		.kill 5 Magmoth Forager|q 11639/2
      		.kill 3 Magmoth Crusher|q 11639/3
      	step //345
      		goto 54.2,13.1
      		.kill 3 Mate of Magmothregar inside this cave|kill 3 Mate of Magmothregar|q 11639/4
      Are you sure that those 2 lines are the only ones that need to be changed and why are those the only 2 .kill lines that are going to start with ".'kill"? That's very strange.

By the way, I tried the other other tip by someone to change the attribute on my addons folder to not be read only but my system immediately changes it back so that's a bad tip. I was trying to folllow the 3rd sticky from the top of this board. You didn't really answer my question. I stated that there is not a "ZygorGuidesViewer3" folder in my addons folder. The other 2 that are mentioned are there. Does not having the "ZygorGuidesViewer3" folder mean that my install went bad?

Comment

Normally kill indicates that there is a count, a mob name and a quest ID following. But in step 345 the first .kill is just a descriptional text. The kill part comes after that.
        Actually the step should look like this to be completely correct:

step //345
        goto 54.2,13.1
        .kill 3 Mate of Magmothregar|q 11639/4
        .'Inside the cave

I found that out by doing a compare of the last 2.0 guide file with the current guide file.

Comment

That ZygorGuidesViewer3 directory was probably a temporary directory that the team had been using but isn't part of the released stuff. You don't have to worry if you don't have it.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thank you both. I'll try it in a little bit and let you know how it goes.

Comment

OK, after installing the latest version last night, 3.0.1561, everything is all good. I see now that there is another new one, 1562. You guys are great. Thanks so much for your helps. I think we can mark this one solved.

Comment

Working...
              X