Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unholy Rotation Help.

Im level 85 unholy dps.

My rotation is okay, but i just need to know your rotation (This is for Pve)

My rotation is the same as http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t110294-...missing_frame/

but i fear im doing it wrong

can someone simplify it for me (I always put my rotation in order on my action bars)
    For mobs and 1 npc (Bosses)

Many thanks.

One last thing, i am maxed Alchemy, was just wondering which one is the money maker (Potion or Elixir, not Transmutation)

Thanks.

Originally posted by shaunzyy View Post
    Im level 85 unholy dps.

My rotation is okay, but i just need to know your rotation (This is for Pve)

My rotation is the same as http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t110294-...missing_frame/

but i fear im doing it wrong

can someone simplify it for me (I always put my rotation in order on my action bars)
    For mobs and 1 npc (Bosses)

Many thanks.

One last thing, i am maxed Alchemy, was just wondering which one is the money maker (Potion or Elixir, not Transmutation)

Thanks.
    Sadly I know nothing for DK rotations, but for alchemy I would suggest whichever specialization grants extra flasks, more for your money and flasks are always in demand.
    85s
    Skippyninja
    Oomatherman
    Judedaniels
    MissRuPaul
    Sumekomovani
    Pattymelt
    Shamwiches
    Twonewon
    Takakoinaba
    Cursesmcgee

Comment

Thank you very much :3

Any1 help with Unholy rotations please.

Comment

I have a Unholy DK but I haven't tried any dungeons or raids with her yet. This link here: http://wow.joystiq.com/category/death-knight/ has information all about the different DK specs in different articles.
        I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
        Twitter @Chaos5061.
        Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

You can try this add-on CLC DK . Very good and have many options.

Comment

The priority system that DKs have now is much better than what it used to be. The key is to never have 2 of the same kind of rune up at the same time. Meaning, you never want to have 2 blood runes, or 2 unholy runes, or 2 frost runes up at the same time.

What makes the elitist jerks post confusing is the fact that they throw "If both runes are up of whatever type, hit this".

Single Target:
            The idea is that you always have your diseases up on the mob, you use Scourge Strike on your unholy and death runes, and you use Festering Strike when you have a blood and frost rune up at the same time which will then turn them into death runes when they come back up.

You want to always put down DnD if the single target will be alive for the entire duration of the DnD.

Use your Death Coils to get your pet to transform ASAP (Dark Transformation).
            Helpful macro to make your pet do the most dps it can do:
            #showtooltip
            /cast Scourge Strike
            /cast claw

With that, every time you hit your Scourge Strike, your pet will claw whatever target you are on.
            Note: Careful with the above, as if you are spamming it after the mob is dead, the game will have you autotarget the closest next mob, and there goes your pet.

Never let your rune power cap out.

Hope this helps.
            I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

I still kinda do not understand.

By the way can u give me a rotation for multiple targets?

thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunzyy View Post
                I still kinda do not understand.

By the way can u give me a rotation for multiple targets?

thanks.
                As a suggestion, if you don't understand something, it would be helpful to say what it is that is confusing you. Is it the '2 runes up' part, the priority vs rotation or something else?
                * Signature to be Updated at a later time *

Comment

Oh yeh sorry lol.

Basically the 2 runes thing, like i hit festering strike and i still dont get the death runes, it still has my SS on cooldown, and for some reason i am still only hitting 6k, i will link my armory now, please check the spec and armor if thats okay.

And my rotation i basically have it on my action bar so where it says 1 2 3 4 i put them in my rotation so like i start of with outbreak that goes as one. (Thats how simple i need it lol....)

My armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...as/ruen/simple

(Can i also have multiple rotation aswell.)

Many thanks for your time.

Comment

So let's just focus on one set of runes.

You have 2 blood runes.
                    If both runes are used, one will not start generating until the other is ready to use.

When you hit FS, the ability will use 1 Blood rune and 1 Frost rune. Neither of those runes will start generating if their counter part (the other blood rune or frost rune) isn't ready for use. When the 2 runes from FS come back up, they will both be Death runes (purple colored). These can then be used for whatever you want (this is where you hit your Scourge Strike).

If this is confusing to you still... go to a target dummy and watch how your runes generate. Use all of your runes and watch how they are generating. You will see that only 1 of each rune is generating at a time.

For your gear, except for your helm gem slot, stop gemming for the socket bonus. Strait Str is what you want.

Stat priority is:
                    Strength > Hit to cap > Haste > Mastery > Expertise to cap > Crit > Agility

Focus on strength, hit cap, haste, and mastery. Expertise is great if you can get it capped, but i wouldn't focus on it as of now.

You are missing a gem in your wrist.

Make a Macro that puts your herbilism haste ability, unholy frenzy, and your gargoyal all into 1 button (in that order).

Your hit is 1.22% too low.

Reforging:
                    Lets say you are hit capped...
                    Reforge your any excess hit, expertise, and/or crit into Haste or Mastery (in that order). Meaning, if you have a piece of gear that has haste already on it, reforge for mastery.

Your spec is fine. You have all of the essentials. If you find your rune power capping out, i would put 2 points into Runic Power Mastery. Don't ever let your rune power cap out. This is wasting DPS.

For a multi target priority:
                    Spread your diseases
                    Never let 2 of any rune be up at the same time.
                    Lay down DnD
                    Spam BB for your Blood runes.
                    Spam SS for your Unholy runes.
                    Spam Frost Strike for your frost runes.

What i like to do to really get burst DPS in for large AoE E-Peen building:
                    Lay Down DnD
                    Hit outbreak and spread it.
                    Hit FS
                    Hit SS x2
                    Hit FS for when the other blood rune comes back up.
                    Hit Empower Rune Weapon
                    Hit BB x5 (because one blood rune will be back up by the time you cycle through all of the runes)
                    Hit Blood tap
                    Hit BB
                    Die from grabing agro (or at least hear the healer QQ about me pulling to much threat).
                    I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

Thank you so much, its really improved now

And wow that mad AoE Rotation really does get you booted from dungeons lol.

Comment

lol glad i could help.

Comment

I wouldn't boot you... I would stop healing you fer sure, but that's because I'm a vindictive healer. "How's your dps now that you're the welcome mat for the mobs?" is one of the /p texts I have macro'd to my rez spell.
                          85s
                          Skippyninja
                          Oomatherman
                          Judedaniels
                          MissRuPaul
                          Sumekomovani
                          Pattymelt
                          Shamwiches
                          Twonewon
                          Takakoinaba
                          Cursesmcgee

Comment

I often saw mages and warlocks using everything available at the start of a fight and die after 30 seconds. The DPS was very good but the damage for the whole fight not

Comment

Man my favorite "I pulled aggro and died" story is: Right after 4.01 hit(it was insanely hard to pull of a tank pre-4.01) we were doing HICC10 for shits and giggles. The tank pulls rotface, three seconds after the pull I get a Strength of Taunka proc, then pop Deathwish and Recklessness. Two to three globals after I pull, the tank taunts, I pull again then get one shot by rotface. I was dead for the rest of the fight(eight to nine minutes)

Comment

Working...
                              X