No announcement yet.

The Gold Making Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am just wondering what it should contain. If everybody with Zygor's gold guide were farming the same items suddenly it wouldn't be as profitable anymore

Comment

Zygor posted this yesterday: http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...3441#post53441
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Just wondering. When I bought the Zygor Guides, I bought Alliance + Horde 1-80 pack for 50 or 60$ I think it was. And I think it said that the gold guide was with that package aswell. So will I get the gold guide free when/if it comes out?

P.S I think it said the Gold Guide was included, I'm not sure though.

Comment

I don't remember there ever being anything like that said. That's something that Zygor would have to confirm but I highly doubt it said about the Gold guide. The only thing I can think of is if it was in reference to the Auctioneer bonus guide that you can find in your Members Area under the Bonus Material section.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

With The new Expac of WoD, will there be a gold guild available? Even for a separate purchase as Lvl and Dungeon... the idea is nice to consider.... What is Zygor's ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
              The only thing I can think of is if it was in reference to the Auctioneer bonus guide that you can find in your Members Area under the Bonus Material section.
              I know this post is from 3 years ago, but does this bonus guide still exist? If not, can anyone suggest the best reference for using Auctioneer efficiently?

Comment

That is no longer available. I don't know of any good references out there for using Auctioneer. I would say make sure you scan the AH at LEAST once per day. If you can do it where you're scanning 2 or 3 times per day at a set interval (like every 12 or 8 hours) that will give you really good and consistent pricing data. After that you need a couple weeks worth of scans in place to be able to start looking over all the different items to see which ones are actually selling and which ones aren't really doing anything except being reposted constantly. It will take a lot of time on your part to sit there and analyze everything while trying to find items that you can resell/produce for making money on the AH.

If you want a slightly easier route then do the scans but focus on the gathered items like ore/herbs and pay attention to which days are better to sell those items (almost never on the weekend even tho that's the most volume) and just work on farming up those items with a toon and then sell them on the best profit days.
                Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Thank you very much for your detailed response

Comment

Just a little more about that last part with the timing on selling the farmed materials. You will notice a trend on almost every server where there is a lot of cloth, herbs, ore, and leather being bought on the weekends. This can be a good time to get rid of a large stock of those items, but you will normally be doing so at a lower price point than if you sold them during the week.

You have a lot more players log in over the weekend which means you'll have a lot more people working on professions and thus buying more materials. Normally by the rules of supply and demand you would expect to be able to sell at a good price point since there's a higher demand, but there are too many suppliers who will farm all week long and then undercut each other trying to win that business over the weekend. This causes the prices to drop because they mistakenly think they need to be the lowest price to sell their stock. Since all of these suppliers save up for the weekend 'dump' there are normally fewer suppliers during the week days. During the week days you'll notice that there's often not enough supply for the material demand (people trying to create items to sell during the weekend) and this causes the prices to go up (also less undercutting by other sellers). You won't be able to move as much stock during the week but you'll be able to sell for a higher price (and less competition) which can sometimes be comparable to more sales at lower prices on the weekend.

So this means you have a few choices you can make. You can opt to save and sell a lot on the weekend but you'll have to keep tabs on the AH price fluctuations more during the weekend to make sure you're able to sell at a reasonable price. Don't worry too much if someone undercuts you for selling a few stacks. Normally enough are purchased that you'll still be able to sell at a slightly higher price without worrying about people just trying to dump a couple stacks. The other option is to sell only during the week when you'll have less competition and can sell at a higher price point. The up-side to this is that you don't have to farm up as much (since you won't be selling as much) which leaves more time to do other things like working reputations and raids, but the down-side is that you probably won't make quite as much as you would if you sold double the volume at lower prices on the weekend. A third option is to try to work both selling periods. Farm a couple days for stock to sell during the week and then the rest of your farming days is to save stock for the weekend sales.

Farming the cloth, herbs, ore, and leather can all be good ways of earning some steady money on the AH, just keep in mind that these are not 'get rich quick' methods. They are, however, a good way to build a steady AH income that you can slowly add other methods (like buying low/selling high) to to help increase the income. The profession materials are also a fairly risk-free method (free to obtain and guaranteed to sell at some point) of working the AH where other methods (like buy low/sell high) have a higher risk of not turning a profit.
                    Last edited by Zygor Support; September 15, 2014, 12:19 AM.
                    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
                    X