Guide Skipping too far ahead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guide Skipping too far ahead.

I've noticed that the 15-20 and 20-25 guides keep skipping too far ahead. The last time when i dinged level 24 the guide skipped all the remaining quests and then tells me that i need to grind until level 25 and i'm sitting at 65% completed. I've been backing up and turning dynamic leveling off to get to level 25 before i turn it back on. This has happened on all my worgan toons no matter what the class (except DK). I have the latest and greatest update.

Yeah, that happened to me as well, all the way to around level 38 on my worgen warrior.
    Just skip to the next part of the guide and pay it no mind. You'll be fine.

Thanks for the report though.
    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

I tried that a couple of times, but then it tells me to pick up a quest but i'm too low to get it. lol. But the guide is still great. Is it just the worgans having this problem? I leveled a goblin without a single hitch.

Comment

I really dont know about all races having issues. There seems to be some problems that are race specific (starter zone problems, etc), but for the most part it seems to be smoothing itself out.

This worgen warrior is the first toon I have leveled 100% by questing in a long time, and the first toon I have seriously leveled in a while.
        "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Try unchecking the 'skip impossible steps' box and adjusting the slider up to 3.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

SIS working or not?

This is happening at level 81...

I had known in the past, SIS was not working for levels 80-85 but my understanding that it was recently fixed. As a temp work around before the fix was to turn off dynamic progression along with other settings (un-check those 4 boxes in the Dynamic Progression section of the options and adjust the slider below them to 80...etc...etc...)...

So after leveling 2 toons to 85 without SIS and now having an updated version of the guide (reported by the Zygor staff that SIS was working - Fixed Mount Hyjal guide quest chains for SIS), I thought I would enable it and give it a try... I'm currently in the Mount Hyjal guide. While completed the remaining quest, my character dinged 82. After turning all the quests.. the guide then jump past alot of steps to and landed on a step to get a flight path that not availble to get because the quest series hasn't been completed yet.

So is SIS working or not working or sorta working? I currently have version 3.0.1670

Comment

I don't think there will ever be a way to use SIS in the Cataclysm zones. The quests are so linear, you get a few quests that unlock others. And then the phasing. I would recommend turning SIS off.
              You may however leave Hyjal and move to Deepholm once you reach 82.

Comment

Originally posted by cnewman777 View Post
                I'm currently in the Mount Hyjal guide. While completed the remaining quest, my character dinged 82. After turning all the quests.. the guide then jump past alot of steps to and landed on a step to get a flight path that not availble to get because the quest series hasn't been completed yet.
                Could you let us know the step you were on? The more we can get fixed the better this can be Also which faction?
                Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Alliance. Human DK. I was on Step 197 at level 82. I turned in both quests. And then the guide jumped to step 240 to get a flight path that wasn't there.

Comment

Leveling a new toon up from 1, to 20 on trial. Bought it and now at 25.

Had a few instances of guide between 10-18 telling me to grind a little, i was at 60rish to 70rish% to next level.

Then after 20, i realised that it is randomly skipping one step or two of accepting quests after you turn in a quest. It skips the instruction to accept and move on to the next or 2 steps ahead. This may cause us to miss out talking to the next NPC beside the current NPC you are engaging and missing out on accepting the next quest on the same NPC after accepting, because the guide instruction may tell us to go somewhere else, as far as taking a ride/fly somewhere then we realised something is missing somewhere, or after killing a step ahead, eg. kill a leader but because we failed to accept a quest which is part of the chain, we end up missing exp/missing quests that is part or in similar area that can be concurrently done, even worse killing a whole lot of mobs to try to get to the leader, kill leader, go back to turn in and realised that there is a quest that rewards for killing 15 of the same mobs that wasnt accepted.

Well, so now i always try to move back couple steps on the guide to see if it did missed out and went a few steps ahead. I am not sure what's wrong. You guys wanna address this?

JasK

Comment

If those quests that it is skipping have a blue background that means the guide is skipping them in an effort to maximize your XP rate. The guide believes that they are no longer needed because you're leveling fast enough that they can be skipped for better quests.

Comment

Originally posted by cnewman777 View Post
                        Alliance. Human DK. I was on Step 197 at level 82. I turned in both quests. And then the guide jumped to step 240 to get a flight path that wasn't there.
                        Thanks for letting us know the details. We will look into getting this chained properly so this won't happen in the future.
                        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                          If those quests that it is skipping have a blue background that means the guide is skipping them in an effort to maximize your XP rate. The guide believes that they are no longer needed because you're leveling fast enough that they can be skipped for better quests.
                          Noted. As i am still new to the guide, let me get used to it longer and give you guys feedback. According to what you said, that means it will not detect existing half done or accepted quest but will move on to the better ones?

Comment

If the guide told you to pick up a quest then the guide should also give you the steps to complete that quest. Now if the guide had a blue step line and skipped forward and you picked up that quest anyway, then you'll want to go back to the step to make sure it marked the Accept step as completed and green. If it's not green then the guide won't know that you have the quest and then won't give you the steps to complete it. You can make a blue line green by right clicking on it and select complete.

Comment

Working...
                            X