No announcement yet.

Flight Path Follies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I'm still in that same basic situation. I haven't really been doing much playing of WoW lately so I still don't have the toons needed to consider expanding the FP stuff. Don't worry tho, I do believe Zygor wants to take my guide, add to it some, and make it a part of the normal guides, we just don't know when that might happen since he's focused on getting the Leveling guides and SIS working flawlessly.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Ah, OK, thanks. Well done for doing such a good job that Zygor is interested

Comment

Hmm - Vendetta Point seems to be missing from the Horde FP Guide, unless I've accidentally skipped over it. Location Southern Barrens 41.6, 47.6.

Also Forsaken High Command - Silverpine Forest 57.9, 8.7.

These two came up on my pre-Cata level 80 pally who I've dug out again.

Comment

Guess I did miss those two, but in my defense since I didn't know where all the new ones were I was relying on Carbonite to show me where they were.

Could you provide me with the NPC names for those two flight masters? Also, if you have any suggestions as to where they would fit into the guide best for routing, i.e. between which steps, then I'll get them added in and updated.

Comment

Vendetta Point is best placed between Desolation Hold and Hunter's Hill in the guide - the flight master is "Lognah".

The Forsaken High Command flight master is "Bat Handler Maggotbreath" This should go into the guide between Forsaken Rear Guard and Brill. However, I've just noticed that this FP is phased - it only appears after you've done the quest The Warchief Cometh. It also appears on toons levelled pre-shattering.

Hope this helps...

Comment

Hi there. I am having exactally the same problem that Ral_Partha had.
              "I downloaded the FP guide and extracted it to the specified folder, and it put two files in it:

guiide10.lua
              guide20.lua

but when I start the game and load the zygor guide interface, theres no fp guide included. Am I missing something? "

I also deleted them, re-downloaded and put them back into the correct folder and still nothing.
              I double and triple checked that they were put into WoW/Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Guides directory.

Any Ideas?

Comment

On your guide viewer window in the game there should be in the center of the title bar a drop down box. Click on that and look for the entry "Cabby's Custom Guides" and you should find the FP guides in there.

Comment

Updated the FP guide for those 2 missing spots. If you'd like to verify them be my guest mzanker.

NPC will show up as a ? for Vendetta Point until Zygor can update the NPC file to include him.

Comment

Thanks, looks good to me

Comment

Your guide is excellent and I have used it on alliance. I am on my horde mage now (level 83) and the guide warns me that level 85 is recommended. While I can skip the warning perhaps you should set the warning text to only show below level 60 instead?
                      Last edited by krendar; April 16, 2011, 08:15 PM. Reason: minor typo

Comment

Hmm, I originally made them before the new SIS when Cata first came out and a lot of the 80+ people were looking for a way to find the new FP locations. With the old SIS setting the guide starting level at 85 allowed the SIS to run the guides without any problems for anyone no matter what their level was. Zygor hasn't updated the reference document for the guide format (hint, hint Zygor) so I'm not entirely sure how it will work at this point.

If you'd like to do a small test try editing the Guide20.lua file.
                        Find (at the top):
                        startlevel 85

Replace with:
                        startlevel 1
                        dynamic off

I think that is what it needs but not sure.

Comment

Hey Cabby - I've found one more missing FP

Flamestar Post in Burning Steppes. This isn't a phased one so should be available to all.

The flight master is Hans Oreflight, location 17.8, 52.8

Probably best to insert between Chiselgrip and Iron Summit.

Thanks again for the guide

Comment

Is that Alliance or Horde?

Comment

Neutral - I've done quests from both factions in that camp.

Comment

Ok, just updated both Alliance and Horde guides for adding him in. Link in first post has the newest version.

Comment

Working...
                                X