Flight Path Follies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flight Path Follies

We have heard your desires, and (after a brief gnome punting competition) Zygor has given in and given his stamp (how does he make those things?!?... you should see it.. he presses a button and all sorts of stuff starts moving then BAM! there's a mark on the paper) of approval for me to give to you the community a flight path guide.

Now I know that the majority of the people who will use this guide will be high levels and flying around, but I tried to design the guide to be friendly to those who are using ground mounts. If you're flying don't hesitate to look a couple steps ahead when you see a travel step as you can probably just skip it and fly straight to the next FP. If anyone using this already has a good portion of the FPs available (i.e. an older DK toon that was given free FP locations before Cata) don't hesitate to use the FPs you already know if it will help you to get to the next one faster.

A couple things to note:
    1) If for some reason the guide doesn't know you already have a FP all you have to do is open the flight window with any flight master for the guide to 'learn' all of your FPs for that particular continent.
    2) There are a few instances when the guide doesn't recognize you picking up a FP. The guide viewer watches for the new FP message and then uses your current sub-zone (i.e. Goldshire is a sub-zone of Elwynn Forest) to see which FP you just picked up. If there is no sub-zone or it doesn't match what the guide thinks you should be getting then it won't recognize the new FP and all you need to do is open the flight window with the flight master for the guide to see you got it and complete the step. One example of this is when you pick up the Zul'Aman FP you are in the Hatchet Hills sub-zone so the guide doesn't know you got it.

Please post any bugs or suggestions for this guide only in this thread. Once bugs have been fixed I will delete that post from this thread to keep it neat. Same thing for suggestions, if/once they are implemented I will delete that particular post.

Open this zip file and place the .lua files into your WoW/Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Guides directory. The guide viewer will automatically load it and you will find the guide in the Cabby's Custom Guides menu.

FP Guide.zip
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Thank you Cabby ! Merry Christmas!

Comment

A very pleasant gift to receive from you, Cabby.

Here is hoping your holiday is filled with warmth and love of family and friends.

Regards,

Kam
      "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Merry Christmas cabby
        And for everybody else here is somthing you may get by following the FP guide. I got it while I was testing the guide for cabby:
        What do you know I just going along to the Morgans Vigil FP and all of a sudden I'm dead and I have the achievement Stood In The Fire Didn't even see it coming. Must have announced himself right before I got in the zone so I didn't even know he was around.
        I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
        Twitter @Chaos5061.
        Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

The way I'm working the Horde guide, if you follow the travel steps it gives in Ashzara you'll get an achievement if you don't already have it.

Comment

Ok, first post links have been updated. Horde guide is now released along with a couple of minor changes to the Alliance guide. Please also get the new localization file as it needed some more updating for the Horde side.

Comment

Updated to add a missing Horde FP in Hillsbrad Foothills. You'll want to also update the NPCs_enUS.lua file.

Comment

Awsome

Your truely a GOD dude. I started my priest with the guide from level 10 and she has tons of flying paths however I didnt use this guide on the warrior until he was at level 70. I noticed with my warrior I don't have any flight paths at all and when people keep telling me to meet them somewhere I ended up not having it and became an issue. THANK YOU THANK YOU
                Cabby's Flight Path Guides

Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Zygor didn't get the FP NPC fixes in with the recent update so please get the NPC file from above once again (updated to the latest Zygor one) until they're added into the official release.

Comment

Thanks Cabby!

Comment

I'm taking my 85 dk through this as she was leveled old-world and doesn't have any of the new ones. It's telling me I already got the Valormok flight path in Azshara when I don't. Not a problem, because i'm just gonna get it anyway, but I thought you should know. Great guide, so helpful
                      Argent Dawn (Horde) - EU

Celinia, 85 Tankadin (purely Zygor leveled!)
                      Cerynia, 85 Unholy DK
                      Myara, 85 Holy Priest
                      Meriakel, 85 Frost Mage
                      Summerdance, 85 Resto Druid

Comment

Hmm, that's a bit odd because all of the known flight paths are stored in the guide's SavedVariables file and are put there when you open a flight window. Are you positive you didn't already have it?

Comment

yup, i went and got it, it had the green exclamation mark over the guy's head and everything. It might be some kind of error in my saved variables or some conflict with another addon or something? it's the only one so far tho, and I'm half way through eastern kingdoms now.

The only other thing I've noticed is that somehow I didn't have skip travel steps checked automatically (I'm sure i used to) and it got a bit annoying trying to work out whether I actually did have to go somewhere. But that's more a suggestion to put at the start of the guide - check this or you might end up going somewhere without needing to.

Also, it's a little confusing when you're 85 and flying everywhere, because you're told to go through certain zones which is only if you're ground-bound. But easy enough to figure out

It's only taken me a little time to get through it as well, and will be a lifesaver for archaeology I think
                          Argent Dawn (Horde) - EU

Cerynia, 85 Unholy DK
                          Myara, 85 Holy Priest
                          Meriakel, 85 Frost Mage

Comment

That was probably an error in the SavedVariables file.

And I did put a disclaimer in the first post about trying to make it ground friendly and anyone flying should look a few steps ahead when they get to a travel step to see if they need to do it.

Comment

lol you probably did, i have a memory like a sieve
                              but yeah, overall, it's worked great I shall certainly be using it on my other chars (once they can fly anyhow) :P
                              Argent Dawn (Horde) - EU

Cerynia, 85 Unholy DK
                              Myara, 85 Holy Priest
                              Meriakel, 85 Frost Mage

Comment

Working...
                              X