Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a couple of errors in Dwarf & Gnome (5-15)

in the Dwarf & Gnome (5-15) guided I found a couple of errors

1 Steps 129 & 135 incorrectly list "Explorer League Document (1 of 6)"
    it should be (2 of 6)

2 Steps 113 & 122 list the quest as "Bigger and U glier"
    it should read "Bigger and Uglier"

Comment

I don't have a 20 -25 guide for Druid

Heya
      I just got to level 20. It then loads the next guide 20 -25.. it has only 2 steps in it and it says this guide is complete...? I'm a druid, please help!

Edit: I just followed some steps on manual update and selected another guide from the options menu, then selected the correct guide again, and now its showing steps.. however the game runs all choppy and slow when that guide it selected. If I select any other guide it's normal.. I can't play like this!
      Last edited by arzanp; January 1, 2011, 12:28 AM. Reason: Took New Steps

Comment

Sounds like you have both Trial and Full guide versions installed. Run the Zygor Updater, click the Settings button, make sure your Zygor website username and password are in the right boxes, click OK, click Repair. This should delete your current Zygor folders and re-install everything fresh for the Full guides that you own.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
          Sounds like you have both Trial and Full guide versions installed. Run the Zygor Updater, click the Settings button, make sure your Zygor website username and password are in the right boxes, click OK, click Repair. This should delete your current Zygor folders and re-install everything fresh for the Full guides that you own.
          This worked perfectly

Comment

Twilight highlands (84-85)
            Step 121. Level 80
            Go to 46,45
            Talk to Eoin Dunwald
            Turn in 'A Steady Supply'

Eoin IS NOT in this building. I do believe I saw him walking around outside a different building in a different area. There have been several such errors/bugs since I've started using this guide, well many if you count using it prior to Cata. I usually work around it, but this is a lot of money to be paying for something that isn't working properly so time to report these things.

But also if I have to report a bunch (which would count as working towards correcting your guide) of these things shouldn't you be paying me and not the other way around...

Located: 50.6, 70.8
            He is standing in front of a Ettin named Darunga alongside Flynn Dunwald (50.5, 70.5), and Donnelly Dunwald (50.5, 70.6).
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------
            Twilight highlands (84-85)
            Step 137 Level 80
            Go to 49,29
            Talk to ?
            Accept 'Magmalord Falthazer'

? = Colin Thundermar

Comment

Major changes by Blizzard + unannounced changes by Blizzard + 20 total possible classes to run through 1 - 85 after changes done by Blizzard = too much work for everyone to finish.
              While I dont speak for everyone, it is appreciated when someone posts an error they find so the guides can get back to what we have come to expect from a Zygor product. But, you are not obligated to post these errors. They will be found by one of us, eventually.
              See, going over the code will not tell any of us if the guide is working, nor is there a mass bug check run to do on the outside of the Bliz servers. So we have to go over the guides ourselves by leveling a toon; and in this case it seems we have to go over every class this time.
              Nothing Bliz has done in the past compares to the changes made this time for Cata.
              Its regretable you havent gone through the posts to get a feel for the problems created with the major changes to the game and how it functions.
              "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Funny part is I HAVE gone through the posts. I understand that Blizzard has made a huge number of changes from beta to launch. I get that. So do many of the other posters on here. So do people that do not post on here. But the people who have legitimately obtained this guide i.e. paid for it themselves instead of downloading it, have a right to received a polish product. And yes it would take forever and the guide works for the most part and is usable. This whole post (except the bug at the end) is out of anger from you trying to belittle me through your previous post. If it wasn't to belittle me, choose your responses better because that's how I feel after reading yours.

I knew before you made you post what your response would be. Not saying you would have made it, nor word for word, but I knew (or figured rather) that someone would make a defensive post about obvious facts of the matter. It does not change the other facts though. I paid for the guide. The guide is not 100% your fault or not. You get your money (all of it form me) I get a not completed guide. Those are facts right now as well.

But if it's "too much work for everyone to finish" then maybe you should hand of some refunded (not full amounts) to people who purchased it during this time of a whole lot of Blizzard changes, and when you "eventually" find them all charge full price again. Also post something on your main site maybe. A disclaimer for people who don't spend the time reading your forums prior to purchasing your product that it's not 100% (which you won't do I bet because it would hurt sales - being at least one of the reasons). You can make it through the entire video, how this works, and purchasing without a word of any issues being spoken as the site is now.
                ------------------------------------------------------------------
                Another thign I found is:

Mount Hyjal (80-82)
                Level 81
                go to 27,62
                Talk to ?
                Turn in 'Assenia's Miracle'
                Turn in 'Tortolla's Revenge'

? = Arch Druid Hamuul Runetotem

Comment

Originally posted by lassiat View Post
                  If it wasn't to belittle me, choose your responses better because that's how I feel after reading yours.
                  I dont post to belittle, but I do post to give people insight.
                  Im not sure what posts you have read though, cause all mods here, including myself, have posted we are paying customers, just like yourself.
                  I only defend the posts because I know the product, and I know the people making this product for us.
                  I have the Cata dailies package. Cant use it, but I have it.
                  I have paid for every guide available, and am having the same problems you are having.
                  Now, Im a mod cause I wanted to help people in here. I dont have to, I dont get paid to. Its my time that I spend out of my day to help the other customers out.
                  If you happen to take one of my posts as belitting, there is not much I can do about that. Its how you took it, not how it was intended.

I paid for the guide. The guide is not 100% your fault or not. You get your money (all of it form me) I get a not completed guide. Those are facts right now as well.
                  I dont get paid one red cent for this, yet I get to sit here and respond to people not liking this that or the other about what all of the mods here post.
                  There really isnt more that can be said until you and I and Cabby and Chaos and Cartman and every other customer in here get a response from Zygor on whats happening.
                  You can choose to consider this thought or not; we are defending the guides, to a point. As unpaid customers that spent OUR money just as you have, did you ever ask yourself why?

But if it's "too much work for everyone to finish" then maybe you should hand of some refunded (not full amounts) to people who purchased it during this time of a whole lot of Blizzard changes, and when you "eventually" find them all charge full price again.
                  My post about "too much work" was in regards to taking 20 toons to level 85 checking the guide.
                  Im not sure if you misread or are putting meaning into my post that wasnt there.
                  The only way to check this guide out is to run it. So any errors that pop up, it is good to let the team know about it. And each problem has been addressed as soon as possible.
                  Ill say it again. Running 20 toons through all the content checking for errors is too much for one or two people that are writing the guides to do alone.
                  There are 10 classes per Alliance, and 10 classes per horde, each with their own guides to run.
                  Having a customer that is running a toon already make a quick "hey, this is wrong" post is all I was suggesting, to help everyone out that uses this guide along with you.
                  Not sure how that was taken wrong, if it was.

Also post something on your main site maybe. A disclaimer for people who don't spend the time reading your forums prior to purchasing your product that it's not 100% (which you won't do I bet because it would hurt sales - being at least one of the reasons). You can make it through the entire video, how this works, and purchasing without a word of any issues being spoken as the site is now.
                  Could not agree more.

Look, we are not trying to be asshats here. What we post is really all there is to post. We dont know whats going on, we're not sure how much more needs to be done.... we just dont know.
                  My manner of posting is the same here as in person. I suck at beating around the bush or sugar coating things. I tell it like it is, as clearly as I can, and as completely as I can, so you walk away with as much information as you need and/or want to satisfy a problem or issue. If I dont know the answer, I let another mod or Zygor post the answer.
                  Why post here about what I dont know this time? Cause you all deserve to at least hear from someone this much; the problems are being addressed as we type. What the problems are and how close they are to finishing the fix, we have no idea right now. No one has been told.
                  I posted it was unfortunate that you didnt read the posts, cause this is the 5th or 6th in depth post I am making about this. I kind of figured that if someone read the posts, they would have understood that Zygors past performance has been nothing short of amazing. I guess I just assumed, and Ill take blame for assuming something.
                  You may not like that someone is defending the guides, or may just be ticked off and dont want to hear it. Sorry. Im stuck with the same problems as you are having, but am giving the developers the chance to prove my sticking it out with them is and has been worth the effort.

If all that is belittling to you, then Ill stop responding to your posts, cause thats all I know how to be; up front and direct with what I know is going on.

And thank you for posting about that other error you saw. It does help a lot.

Comment

Zygor get the money not us mods. We are not apart of the team that makes the guide. We are just paying costumers who got noticed for helping people with there problems. We know nothing of the design process and any kind of time table for any fixes. We are waiting for fixes jut like you. My hunter in my sig is waiting for the guide to be fixed itself before I level it any more. That's why I have the other toons in my sig. Was waiting to be fixed and started making other toons. Decided to do that to experience the new content and to report bugs that I find for the 1-60 portion of the guide which is what in the game had the most changes than anything else. Until the guides 80-85 portion is fixed my advice is to roll a alt you would enjoy it more than you think you would In fact I just joined a guild with my Horde toons and it's been a lot of fun. Also just to try something new I started to leveling professions at the same time. My DK is my gather and sends what is needed to my other toons for there professions. What I'm trying to do is max the profession before I reach the next level that will open the new class of the profession. So far it's been the most fun gathering I've had in a long time So you may want to try something like that or something else that you thinks fun. How about PVP? Having a great time on my rogue in warsong gulch Just find something fun to do. Also I have been leveling them with the guide and after I get to the 13-20 sections of the guide turned on the SIS haven't had any problems yet. Yes there is some problems with the 1-60 portion of the guide but the are mostly around either the beginning or near the end of it. Any problems in the middle have been less than the others that have been reported. So just try to do something new and fun that you haven't done before and the time will pass before you know it and you will be back on your main toon and leveling like you wouldn't believe
                    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
                    Twitter @Chaos5061.
                    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Just posted by Zygor (a couple minutes ago), this is the latest news we moderators have:

Originally posted by Zygor
                      Alright, sorry for the lack of news. Here's the current status,
                      please spread the word on the forums. :-) Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------

We've noticed something that may be causing SIS to act a
                      little funky, so we're working on changing that to prevent
                      extra weirdness from occurring.

We will be releasing a guide update, probably, tomorrow, that
                      will fix a lot of SIS issues in the individual race starter guides.

Level 80-85 chains are almost finished being tied for SIS, and
                      the bulk of the fixes will also be in the incoming guide update,
                      with the rest to come very soon.

After that, we'll be testing levels 1-85 for accuracy. This will
                      include tweaking levels 70-80 for the experience change. At
                      the same time, we'll be wrapping up the Cataclysm Dailies
                      Upgrade.

So, there's light at the end of the tunnel. Once the bulk of this
                      is done, we'll have much more time to fix small things and get
                      updates out very frequently.

Thanks.
                      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I hope that helps you out a bit guys.

Comment

lassiat, the specific problems you reported are well known.
                          The missing character names are a minor problem and will surely be worked on.
                          The characters in Twilight Highlands not in the right position seems to be a phasing thing by Blizzard as you see the questionmarks inside the house where the guide tells you they should be. This has been reported at least three times before and I think Zygor mentioned this will be fixed in the next update.

Comment

Disregard: Step 81 through step 87 are not acquirable from the Death Knight (55-60) guide.

There is a step missing before Step 81, which is to complete quest with Knight Commander Plaguefist to kill the guy of the same race as you

Comment

Originally posted by xuxabr View Post
                              Disregard: Step 81 through step 87 are not acquirable from the Death Knight (55-60) guide.

There is a step missing before Step 81, which is to complete quest with Knight Commander Plaguefist to kill the guy of the same race as you
                              Let me guess: Alliance guide and Worgen death knight? I looked into the guide files and Worgen seems to be missing.
                              This should be inserted, here's the link to the quest:
                              http://www.wowhead.com/quest=28649
                              The kill goal is Lord Harford, ID 49355.

Comment

Draenei 1-11 - Step 16

The guide does not detect that you've trained "Judgement" for the quest "The Light's Power."

Draenei 1-11 - Step 17

The guide does not detect that you've used "Judgement" to complete the quest "The Light's Power."

Dwarf 1-5 - Step 24

The guide does not detect that you've learned "Judgement" for the quest "The Power of the Light."

Dwarf 1-5 - Step 25

The guide does not detect that you've used "Judgement" to complete the quest "The Power of the Light."

Dwarf & Gnome 5-15 - Step 14

This "Use Hearthstone" is much to close to the one in Coldridge Valley. I still have 15 minutes left on my CD from the time I used it in Dwarf 1-5. Perhaps you could move it to some other step.

Dwarf & Gnome 5-15 - Step 97

The guide's text says "You will fly to Thelsamar" when you don't really fly to Thelsamar. You fly to Loch Modan. Thelsamar is the city further north that you're directed to through later questing.

Dwarf & Gnome 5-15 - Step 129

The guide says to collect "Explorer's League Document #1" while the area on the map is Document #2. Also, when you accept the quest, it doesn't detect that you've done so, probably because it's expecting Document #1.

Comment

Working...
                                X