Collection of Worgen starting zones issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collection of Worgen starting zones issues

I collected the known issues with the Worgen guide and how to solve them until a fixed guide is available.

general issue: The guide is skipping steps
    Originally posted by cabby View Post
    To turn off the SIS, go into the Dynamic Progression section of the guide option, uncheck the 4 boxes, and adjust the slider all the way to the right.
    To solve the following issues open ZygorGuidesViewer\Guides\ZygorLevelingAllianceCATA .lua with a text editor. I recommend Notepad++ which is available as a portable application here:
    http://portableapps.com/apps/develop...padpp_portable
    But standard notepad will do also.

Waypoint stops working:
    Search for step // 72
    Change it to:
    step //72
    goto 47.1,49.8
    .kill 10 Frenzied Stalker |q 14222/1

Search for step //106
    Change it to:
    step //106
    .' Swim out into the ocean and click a Drowning Watchman
    .' Carry him back to shore at
    .' Rescue 4 Drowning Watchmen |q 14395/1

Search for step //109
    Change it to:
    step //109
    goto 37.6,72.7
    .talk 36457
    ..turnin 14406
    ..accept 14415

Search for step //194
    Change it to:
    step //194
    .' Go through the tunnel beneath Gilneas City and use the Half-Burnt Torch to repel vermin in your way |use Half-Burnt Torch##50220 |q 24678/1
    .' Exit the tunnel |c

Map does not show anything:
    Go into the Zygor guide options, into the waypoint section and turn off "Reveal map"

Worgen guide stops at level 13:
    Unless there is something missing in the guide Worgen seem to be supposed to continue with the level 15-20 guide.
    To let the guide automatically go to the nex guide change line 13 of ZygorLevelingAllianceCATA.lua from:
    next Zygor's Alliance Cataclysm Guides\\Eastern Kingdoms 1-60 Leveling Guide\\Eastern Kingdoms (15-20)
    to:
    next Zygor's Alliance Leveling Guides\\Eastern Kingdoms 1-60 Leveling Guide\\Eastern Kingdoms (15-20)

Cabby edit: it also seems like there are some steps missing at the end of the Worgen guide to take you over to Redridge Mountains. At this time we can only wait for Zygor to add them.

To continue with the Kalimdor 11-20 guide do the following:
    Originally posted by AcidRaZor View Post
    (nb, I'm a druid, so not sure if this applies to everyone, I think it might)

Accept/Complete the quest "Rut'theran Village" right after "Endgame" has been completed.
    Load up Kalimdor 11-20 (since the last step loads some fictitious guide and doesn't transition from Endgame to Kalimdor)
    Once you're in Rut'theran Village, accept "The Howling Oak"
    Run into Darnassus (use Blizzard's built in indicators using the "Map") and hand in the quest.
    Accept the quest "Breaking the waves of change" (This is what you need to start your journey on 11-20)

Thanks for pulling this all together Cartman.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Broken Arrow Problem

Cabby, I have tried every step for the errors in the worgen's broken arrow problem. I did the steps cartman submitted steps 72, 106, 109 and 194. I was just curious about step 106 step; //106
      .' Swim out into the ocean and click a Drowning Watchman
      .' Carry him back to shore at
      . ' Rescue 4 Drowning Watchmen |q 14395/1

I am curious about the second line it says to carry him back to shore at, then what? I was just wondering if that program need more to that line or if the 'at' should be taken out? I don't know if this would help but it's just a suggestion. Thank you

Comment

ceeyugah, I answered in the other thread:
        http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...ll=1#post45197

Comment

About the broken arrow I changed step 72 in the .lua file and that did fix it for some time but when I went to the quest where you are suppose to save 4 people drowning the waypoint arrow broke again.

Comment

Look at the other steps in my first post.
            Step 106 simply has no waypoint but soon after that there is another step with a faulty one.

Comment

I paid for this so Im not doing anything. Zygor needs to fix it. Cant wait to start as a worgen hunter though

Comment

That's up to you. It will get fixed, but changing it yourself will get you started with your hunter faster

Comment

i fixed all the steps and it still does not work....
                  the arrow is showing now but fixed solid and showing 5681 miles to Gilneas...

any more suggestions ??

Comment

I had this problem after updating to 3.0.1557:

Cannot find guide: Zygor's Alliance Leveling Guides\Eastern Kingdoms 1-60 Leveling Guide\Worgen (1-15)

It's easily fixable though, go into ZygorGuidesViewer\Guides\ZygorLevelingAllianceCATA .lua as described above and go to line 10.

Change "Zygor's Alliance Leveling Guides\\Eastern Kingdoms 1-60 Guide\\Worgen (1-13)" to
                    "Zygor's Alliance Leveling Guides\\Eastern Kingdoms 1-60 Leveling Guide\\Worgen (1-15)".

Comment

Nelien, that was just changed from 15 to 13 with the recent patch. The reason you got that error was because your guide was trying to load the old file still. The simple solution would have been to use the guide selection to select the 1-13 guide.

Comment

hey probs a really really nooob question but how do i edit the .lua files?

Comment

If you're using Windows just open the file in Notepad.

Comment

im using mac.. soo?

Comment

I do not know what the Mac equivalent is for Notepad, but whatever text editor you have should work.

Comment

Working...
                              X