What happens when you faction change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happens when you faction change?

I have a 44 Alliance warlock and around when cata comes out im going to faction change. But I'm wondering how does questing work? Will I need to do all the chain quests to get the guide to my level or will they already be unlocked?
    Character Goals:
    Snowdoug- Goblin Warlock

What happens with the guide I don't know but I can speculate about it from this blizzard Q&A about Faction changes:
    What will happen to the character's quests when I change its faction?

Quests which are active in the character's log at the time of the Faction Change will be cleared and all quest items associated with these quests will be destroyed.

With this, completed quests that are considered faction-specific—or are faction-neutral and part of a quest chain—will be removed from the list of completed quests and no longer count towards any running "quests completed" totals. Standalone faction-neutral quests will be unaffected by this process and remain in the character's list of completed quests. Should you ever elect to change back to the character's original faction, the original list of completed quests will be restored.

**Please note that quest lines associated with Sons of Hodir, the Shadow Vault, and the Argent Tournament will be reset. To regain access to the dailies associated with these factions, the character will need to re-complete the appropriate quests. This can also include faction-specific plot quests such as the Battle for Undercity, which will be available with the new faction.**
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

The only thing I know that you are 'given' are the flight paths. The rest will take some work on your part.
      "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

So should I just wait until level 60 for a fresh start on the quests?
        Character Goals:
        Snowdoug- Goblin Warlock

Comment

That wouldn't be a bad place. Neither would 70 but it's up to you.
          Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Originally posted by snowdog View Post
            So should I just wait until level 60 for a fresh start on the quests?
            That would be my advise, since you can dump the 1-50 quests and move to outlands anyway.

Comment

If you do this you'll want to do it soon. A lot of people will be changing race and blizzard will be very busy doing that. I don't know if that will be effecting the faction changes or not but it could. I wouldn't want to be doing a race change for sure because you may be looking at a time of 1-2 weeks for it to happen.
              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

I heard a rumor they are going to let you change factions and race with the cata release. Any word on this from Blizz, Chaos?

/tries hard not to hijack the thread

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
                  I heard a rumor they are going to let you change factions and race with the cata release. Any word on this from Blizz, Chaos?

/tries hard not to hijack the thread
                  Yes you can do that.Blue post in the thread Official News Related to Cataclysm. But read my other post about wait times that could be happening.
                  Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos5061 View Post
                    Yes you can do that.Blue post in the thread Official News Related to Cataclysm. But read my other post about wait times that could be happening.
                    Meh... that wont bother me.

If I do faction change, it will be on a toon Im still leveling.

I think my order of importance is;
                    * main to 85
                    * secondary 80 to 85 while learning raids on main
                    * third 80 to 85 while working GDKP's on main and professions capped on main and secondary.
                    * take a vacation to go hunting and plan out the rest of my attack while I freeze my azz off.

Comment

Working...
                    X