OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GMs are stupid or zygor ageist the rules?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GMs are stupid or zygor ageist the rules?

Hi, I was bored so I was trolling some GMs (like I always do) and this happened:

2nd to last image I just tired to get him to say "steal it" so I could sue them or something

Sorry for large images, but is it ageist the rules or GMs are stupid?

It's a combination of the GM being stupid and paying for an addon being against the rules.

You do not pay for the Zygor addons that are loaded by WoW. The addons are completely free for anyone to download with the trial version and you don't have to pay a dime to use the addons. This complies with the Blizzard addon policy, and since you didn't explain it properly to the GM he probably assumed you had to pay to get the addon and that's against the rules. What you pay for are the guide .lua files that the addon uses. The guide .lua files are not addons and as such are not in violation of any current Blizzard policies. Technically you could download the addon for free with the trial version and create your own guides to use with the addon and it would be just like having gotten a guide viewer addon thru Curse, but you would have to create your own guide .lua files and spend your own personal time with trial and error to find which quests to do and which not to do, then put them into an .lua file. Basically you're only paying Zygor for the time to find the paths and create the file that the guide viewer addon is reading and displaying.

Hope that clears it up some for you.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
      It's a combination of the GM being stupid and paying for an addon being against the rules.

You do not pay for the Zygor addons that are loaded by WoW. The addons are completely free for anyone to download with the trial version and you don't have to pay a dime to use the addons. This complies with the Blizzard addon policy, and since you didn't explain it properly to the GM he probably assumed you had to pay to get the addon and that's against the rules. What you pay for are the guide .lua files that the addon uses. The guide .lua files are not addons and as such are not in violation of any current Blizzard policies. Technically you could download the addon for free with the trial version and create your own guides to use with the addon and it would be just like having gotten a guide viewer addon thru Curse, but you would have to create your own guide .lua files and spend your own personal time with trial and error to find which quests to do and which not to do, then put them into an .lua file. Basically you're only paying Zygor for the time to find the paths and create the file that the guide viewer addon is reading and displaying.

Hope that clears it up some for you.
      By the way, can you link me to a guide on how to make a guide? I need to make one to share with my mates because the key forgetting and asking me

Comment

There isn't any guides or true documentation for creating a guide. My best advice would be to open up the guide .lua file (WoW/Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Guides) and follow along in the .lua as you do some steps and it should make sense pretty fast on how to write the guide for the viewer to understand. It's not too hard, just a bit of formatting required and understanding what keywords will do what in the guide viewer.

Edit: Just found there is some documentation for creating guides that I never looked at before. Just look at the file WoW/Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/guide_format.html
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

GMs are blizzard customer support employees and there are things they are and are not allowed to say. Sometimes they come off a bit odd because of that.

only 2 things you need to know about Zygor's
          - it's not gonna get you banned or in any kind of trouble. (harrassing GMs might )
          - it's completely worth it

Comment

Originally posted by palenaka View Post
            GMs are blizzard customer support employees and there are things they are and are not allowed to say. Sometimes they come off a bit odd because of that.

only 2 things you need to know about Zygor's
            - it's not gonna get you banned or in any kind of trouble. (harrassing GMs might )
            - it's completely worth it
            1. Banned on around 30 accounts for pissing off GMs, you should take alook at my screenshots of my bet GM freakouts (hackforums.net, go to gaming > WoW then look for my name "AutomaticCoding" as the OP)

2. I already have it and got me from 10-40 really quick, then I worked out a new way (Can't tell anyone )

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
              There isn't any guides or true documentation for creating a guide. My best advice would be to open up the guide .lua file (WoW/Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Guides) and follow along in the .lua as you do some steps and it should make sense pretty fast on how to write the guide for the viewer to understand. It's not too hard, just a bit of formatting required and understanding what keywords will do what in the guide viewer.

Edit: Just found there is some documentation for creating guides that I never looked at before. Just look at the file WoW/Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/guide_format.html
              Thanks, I'll get my mates to download the trial and I'll write my guide later today. Hopefully they can stop asking me how to do it

Comment

GMs are lower level Blizzard employees and are not authorities on any of the games policies. Blizzard said they would begin enforcing the policy in May of 2009 and would contact addon developers directly if they were violating their policy. It is the middle of November 2010 and we have never been contacted. This is because we separate our free addon from our paid guides.
                Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Working...
                X