I'm stumped - Zygor not showing up in game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm stumped - Zygor not showing up in game

Well the patch grim reaper is really at work aside from having to relearn the whole damn game since the patch I'm having trouble getting Zygor up and running.

I Dl'd the new version and installed just like pre-patch which worked then without a hitch. Now, when I log into my toon, Zygor doesn't show up in the game window. I've checked and double-checked locations and such, and it's enabled in the add-on screen and everything is set to run, but no ZG window in game. Is there a command to try and bring it up in game? There's no ZG icon on the mini-map.

Additionally, Zygor is NOT showing up under the AddOns tab in the Interface screen.

Must be my karma.

Thanks

Originally posted by xaithos View Post
    Additionally, Zygor is NOT showing up under the AddOns tab in the Interface screen.
    If it is not showing up under the addons tab then it is not even installed. Run the Zygor Client and hit settings. Make sure the addon directory is properly identified and set to the right location in the first box. Also, make sure your username and password has been entered before hitting Install.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Any word on where my cartographer arrow might be...great guide but without the compass I am a little lost

Comment

There is no Cartographer arrow anylonger. That addon has been dead since 3.3.
        "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

my guide isnt showing up either..I have a mac and had the installer do it automatically.

its not under my addon interface either..

it was working yesterday until I did the update

Comment

OK new info -

I have it working now, but something conflicts with it. I disabled EVERYTHING but ZG and it came up immediately. Gonna try weeding out the culprit since I have other addons I really like using.

Comment

Originally posted by xaithos View Post
              OK new info -

I have it working now, but something conflicts with it. I disabled EVERYTHING but ZG and it came up immediately. Gonna try weeding out the culprit since I have other addons I really like using.
              I would like to request once you know what the problem is that you let us know.
              This information could help a ton us users here.
              "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

I was having exactly the same problem - ZG not showing up in game.

I made sure it was not any other addons by disabling all addons and loading up only Zygor Guides Viewer and Zygor Talent Advisor - the only two addons I could see. This brought up various library errors. First one was about "LibTaxi", the other about "LibGratuity".

Then it occurred to me that other addons had issues when their SavedVariables from the old major patch version were still around. So, I went into the WTF\Account\<account name>\SavedVariables folder and deleted the ZygorGuidesViewer.lua and anything else Zygor related (I think it was just the ZygorGuidesViewer.lua).

On entering the game, a new addon window and strange icon I had not seen before and it was clearly Zygor's Guide

Comment

Guide not working.

I have tried everything I know to do. My guide will not show up. I have deleted all other addons. I have deleted Zygor guides all together and reloaded from scratch. I rechecked what file I download to. Nothing seems to work. What am I doing wrong? HELP!!!!!!

Comment

OK, so only one of my 8 toons has the guide. This still doesn't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by mlocati View Post
                      OK, so only one of my 8 toons has the guide. This still doesn't make sense.
                      It sounds like a cache issue. If you've already tried a repair and that didn't fix it, try deleting the WTF folder inside of your World of Warcraft directory which will reset your addons.

Comment

I had trouble with Zygor guide not showing up in game for one of my toons.
                        I noticed there is a drop down box where you can configure addons for each seperate toon, this is the page that has that check box for loading out of date addons...
                        I had mine configured for "custom". Since that was'nt working the way
                        I thought it should (could just be me), I selected each toon individually and clicked each addon I wanted.
                        That resolved the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post

It sounds like a cache issue. If you've already tried a repair and that didn't fix it, try deleting the WTF folder inside of your World of Warcraft directory which will reset your addons.
                          While i am confident that this will work, you may want to rename your WTF folder to WTF_Old so that you can revert back to it if say you have problems or it didn't work. You can always delete it if you are happy with the results of rebuilding your new WTF folder.
                          I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

Well for me it was Bartender 4 and ElvUi. Not sure which one I'm going to pick all I need is one of the 3.

Comment

There shouldn't be any problems with BT4 or ElvUI. There are many people using the guides with ElvUI and I'm using them with my SpartanUI/BT4 setup. Just make sure that every addon you have enabled is updated for the current game version and that should be fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X