Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SIS Configuration

Quick thought:

When a custie purchases the guide and logs in for the first time (and for each new toon) the guide could ask them to configure the SIS to fit what they would like out of the progression.

E.G. (Upon logging into WoW for the first time or for a lvl 1):

"Welcome to WoW and Zygor guides, blah blah blah.... We will now configure your Smart Injection System (SIS)."

Step #1 "How many levels ahead of the guide would you like to be before the guide starts to skip unecessary quests to keep you on track for optimal experience?"

(The user can slide bar at this time)

Step #2 "Would you like to skip the impossible steps when the guide skips according to step #1?"

(Yes or no; Yes = check mark ; no = no check mark)

Step #3 "Would you like to skip travel steps?"

(Yes or no ; Yes = check ; no = uncheck)

[I know I'm forgetting some other sections of the SIS, but you get the jist of it.]

After final step: "Thank you for configuring your Smart Injection System (SIS). At anytime you may change your preferences by clicking the "Z" icon and selecting "Dynamic Progression." This guide will now configure to your personal settings. Good luck and happy hunting!"

(If toon has levels on it, the guide would auto fast forward from the race 1-13 guide to where the toon is currently.)
    85s
    Skippyninja
    Oomatherman
    Judedaniels
    MissRuPaul
    Sumekomovani
    Pattymelt
    Shamwiches
    Twonewon
    Takakoinaba
    Cursesmcgee

bump

[insert heart broken pleas for attention]
    85s
    Skippyninja
    Oomatherman
    Judedaniels
    MissRuPaul
    Sumekomovani
    Pattymelt
    Shamwiches
    Twonewon
    Takakoinaba
    Cursesmcgee

Comment

Sounds like a really good idea !
      80 Dwarf Hunter -80* Dranei Paladin - 50 Gnome Mage - 21* Gnome Warlock - 40* Night Elf Druid

* = Leveled with zygor
      Server : Executes EU

Comment

Originally posted by Daxal View Post
        Sounds like a really good idea !
        Yay!!

Thanks, I just hope that Zygor feels the same way.
        85s
        Skippyninja
        Oomatherman
        Judedaniels
        MissRuPaul
        Sumekomovani
        Pattymelt
        Shamwiches
        Twonewon
        Takakoinaba
        Cursesmcgee

Comment

Hello,

It does sound like a wonderful idea, and would definitely make my job easier as there wouldn't be as much posts regarding the Smart-Injection System. Unfortunately, I have absolutely nothing to do with the development, so that would be something for Zygor to pitch in on :-P. Do note, however, that sometimes he'll read the suggestion and discuss it with the staff without ever posting in the suggestions (he does read a lot of these suggestions, though). It's possible that he may have done that (especially since we're in a launch phase and they've been really busy recently).

But to be honest, I saw this as probably the best idea yet to handle the configuration of the Smart-Injection System. It would take away the pain of me copying + pasting the same answer to raise my post count by 200 by the end of the day ;-).

Silverhawk11
          It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

You still have a long way to go on your post count. If you were raising it 200 per day then it looks like you've only been active for a little over 3 days.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I avoid the copying + pasting on those questions because someone else will answer them and raise their post count. *Glares at cabby's posts* and I think I found out who it is. :-).
              It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Well, I do try to answer posts. Of course I type out all my stuff, copy/paste is so last week.
                My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk11 View Post
                  Hello,

It does sound like a wonderful idea, and would definitely make my job easier as there wouldn't be as much posts regarding the Smart-Injection System. Unfortunately, I have absolutely nothing to do with the development, so that would be something for Zygor to pitch in on :-P. Do note, however, that sometimes he'll read the suggestion and discuss it with the staff without ever posting in the suggestions (he does read a lot of these suggestions, though). It's possible that he may have done that (especially since we're in a launch phase and they've been really busy recently).

But to be honest, I saw this as probably the best idea yet to handle the configuration of the Smart-Injection System. It would take away the pain of me copying + pasting the same answer to raise my post count by 200 by the end of the day ;-).

Silverhawk11
                  Ah, well... I can understand that he is busy.
                  85s
                  Skippyninja
                  Oomatherman
                  Judedaniels
                  MissRuPaul
                  Sumekomovani
                  Pattymelt
                  Shamwiches
                  Twonewon
                  Takakoinaba
                  Cursesmcgee

Comment