Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World Of Warcraft Dying

hi all
    this evbening i got told quiet a few times that no new subscriptions have been made for 2 years now and it seems that Wow is dying and iam trying to prove this one person how said it wrong any idea where ican find out Data???

also just becose someone said it dose it really mean its happening??

are we seeing any danger sings of blizzed giveing up on wow?

and how do u convince people what they read on trade is sometimes not currect and some video is easly made up by some non playes.

would blizzard tell us that they are running out of players and wow is dying??

also then are we expecting the new guides i remember reading a few days back that it might be 2 to 3 weeks but nothing yet

henric

don't worry

Just because they are not adding new players doesn't mean the game is dieing. They already have millions of accounts bringing in disgusting amounts of cash a month, they would have to be completely insane to "give up" on wow. Also the expansion is close, just wait for that and see the people that quit coming back.

Comment

There are plenty of gullible people out there, don't be one of them. Even tho I hate to admit it, WoW still has the largest user base for an MMO. Even if they aren't getting any new subscriptions, they've still got a few million accounts. Figure even if they've only got 1 million active accounts, do the math on the monthly subscription fee and you'll see they've got no reason to not continue developing the game. We've also got Cataclysm expansion coming out soon, this is not indicative of a dieing game.

If any of the older MMOs out there are any indication, even if they drop very low in subscriptions they'll still continue to keep the game alive and slowly develop it. UO, EQ, EQ2, Vanguard, just to name a few, are still alive and kicking even tho they have just a fraction of the subscriptions they used to. You've got nothing to worry about.

And for your gullible friend that believes WoW is dieing and won't be around much longer tell him it doesn't matter because there's a giant comet that's expected to crash into the Earth near the end of the year and wipe out civilization as we know it.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Well, my brother's signed up recently; I re-signed up in November. And I've met a bunch of people in-game who're new to WoW. So the idea that Blizzard is getting no new subscriptions is preposterous.
        Proud noob, opinionated nerd, and asker of obvious questions.

Main: Reliq (DK - 85).
        Alts: Baym (Paladin - 85), Aotearoa (Priest - 85), Selleck (Hunter), Reliqa (Warrior)

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
          ...there's a giant comet that's expected to crash into the Earth near the end of the year and wipe out civilization as we know it.
          Is this true?

ROTFLMBO

Comment

I have two guilds in WoW on the alliance side in the Ravencrest server; one of them is a leveling guild. There are several new players to WoW that join just because I am serious about the game, and having fun while ingame.
            My account is under 2 years old as well.
            Unless someone comes to me with actual statistics from Blizzard, I'll take them with a grain of salt and move on.
            You do see, however, a lot of players that have been around since Warcraft, then WoW beta and so forth, that will tell you they are making the game more easy to play, therefore the game is dying. Heard that one a hundred times.
            While I agree there needs to be more difficult play options (like reg dungeon vs heroic dungeon vs WTF was that dungeon about), the game, to me, is still interesting and enjoyable.
            "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Sounds like you talked to some jaded person who is trying to take shots at the game because he/she lost interest and wants other people to feel the same way.

I just created my account in the past few months. At the same time three of my friends reactivated their accounts through scrolls of resurrection. So from my vantage point the game is alive and well.

And you know that when the new expansion drops every player who stopped playing once Wrath got boring will be back to ding 85 and play the new content.
              [SIZE="1"][B]realm:[/B] elune[/SIZE]
              [SIZE="1"][B]name:[/B] [URL="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Elune/Holybarrow/simple"]holybarrow[/URL][/SIZE]
              [SIZE="1"][B]race/class:[/B] dwarf priest[/SIZE]
              [SIZE="1"][B]current level:[/B] 100[/SIZE]

Comment

I know there are new people, I was just 'training' 2 level 45+ hunters during dungeons because they didn't use their Viper and kept stopping to drink. The level 51 admitted to being new and didn't even know what addons were. Granted, having people that high and not knowing what their level 20 spells do makes me shudder, but it goes to show that Blizzard is still bringing in new people.

And lilocowboy, I'll let you know if that's true in about 9 months.
                My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Did you know the Lion King was filmed in Texas?

You must learn sarcasm! It is entirely false, nor would that player have the information (and if he did, he's bound to a privacy policy from Blizzard to not discuss their information, which would be illegal for him to mention). I myself have opened three accounts minimum within the last two years, and just two months ago, my real life friend joined the game for the first time.

World of Warcraft will continue to see business from new accounts. It's not going anywhere anytime soon. Look at Guild Wars! It's been around for I don't know how long, and the max level is still 20, yet people are STILL playing constantly. World of Warcraft is currently the king of all MMO's, and to be honest, it's hard to find competition with it. There's some that have came close, in fact I loved SWG pre-CU even better then WoW, but the player base is just so extraordinary for World of Warcraft already, and it's only going to get bigger!

Silverhawk11
                  It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

I've had my account since 2006-2007 and in that time I've unsubscribed and resubscribed plenty of times. WoW will never be going down - not for a long time anyway.
                    Toons

Level 85 Night Elf Druid
                    Level 85 Gnome DK
                    Level 64 Human Warrior

Comment

Well, WoW is getting old and cataclysm is planned to be the final expansion, but given its' popularity, I think final may just mean they're going to focus their dev team on Starcraft, Diablo and that fabled next-gen MMO the rumor sites keep talking about...

And on a gameplay side note, I joined mid-BC and I think it was the best stage of the game, so it's probably natural to long for the 'good old days' when you started and began to master the game. I'm guessing it's because we know how good it was in the past and forget the smaller bad stuff, but you'll always remember how they screwed up that one small thing you loved the old way for future reference...
                      Altoholic and proud of it!

Babylon 5 quotes:
                      • "Touch passion when it comes your way. It's rare enough as it is. Don't walk away when it calls you by name."
                      • "Power beckons, and who among us is strong enough to ignore its siren song?"
                      • "No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."

Comment

I haven't seen anything official from Blizzard stating Cataclysm is planned to be the final WoW expansion. World of Warcraft is Blizzard's cash cow, they will not allow that to die off so quickly. They make billions of dollars from WoW.
                        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                        http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by Negal_Horde View Post
                          Well, WoW is getting old and cataclysm is planned to be the final expansion, but given its' popularity, I think final may just mean they're going to focus their dev team on Starcraft, Diablo and that fabled next-gen MMO the rumor sites keep talking about...

And on a gameplay side note, I joined mid-BC and I think it was the best stage of the game, so it's probably natural to long for the 'good old days' when you started and began to master the game. I'm guessing it's because we know how good it was in the past and forget the smaller bad stuff, but you'll always remember how they screwed up that one small thing you loved the old way for future reference...
                          Opposite blizz have been talking about that they dont wanna realese a hero class in each expantion which means that they have plans of releasing more expantions.
                          80 Dwarf Hunter -80* Dranei Paladin - 50 Gnome Mage - 21* Gnome Warlock - 40* Night Elf Druid

* = Leveled with zygor
                          Server : Executes EU

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                            I know there are new people, I was just 'training' 2 level 45+ hunters during dungeons because they didn't use their Viper and kept stopping to drink. The level 51 admitted to being new and didn't even know what addons were. Granted, having people that high and not knowing what their level 20 spells do makes me shudder, but it goes to show that Blizzard is still bringing in new people.
                            OMG, I hated my hunter for like 3 lvls before I learned viper.

I wish mages had viper...
                            85s
                            Skippyninja
                            Oomatherman
                            Judedaniels
                            MissRuPaul
                            Sumekomovani
                            Pattymelt
                            Shamwiches
                            Twonewon
                            Takakoinaba
                            Cursesmcgee

Comment

I just started WoW (3 months ago) and my main character is only level 43 so when people say that WoW is easy enough I think I'm playing the game extremely wrong.
                              Realm: Shadow Council

Characters:

80 Human DK - Xioan
                              61 NE Druid - Xannas
                              43 Gnome Mage - Chilley

Comment

Working...
                              X