OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dual Boxing Guide (kill quests vs. gather quests)??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual Boxing Guide (kill quests vs. gather quests)??

I was just wondering if you guys were going to come up with a guide for dual-boxing. I run 5 mages and when u have 5 toons running and trying to get 10 of one thing and 5 of another it gets a little time consuming. The kill quests are so much faster especially if your trying to level as fast as possible. I came across a database of quests for dual boxing but it needs to be used with tourguide and tourguide is down obviously so right now I'm trying to make my own quest list but it will take me forever to do so. I was just wondering since you and tekkub have teamed up can we be expecting some sort or guide like I described. I guarantee if dualboxers knew they could use your guide for leveling you would have so much more business. This is all just a suggestion unless something similar is already in the works but, I thought I'd at least ask!! Keep up the good work too!!

With all the different things Zygor has to work on right now I doubt we'd see anything like this soon. They've got to finish up the dailies guides, then they have to work on the Tourguide stuff, and then they have to worry about Cataclysm coming out real soon and having to re-write everything.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

There is no reason why another user can't write a guide for it through. You'd have to check with Zygor's team as to what their policy is on releasing user made guides, but the addon appears to support it

Comment

It is alright to create custom made guides however it is not in our terms of service to distribute user created guides without permission.
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I pretty much multi-box 90 percent of the time (only two characters though), all the while using the Zygor guides, and I have to say that using Zygor's and multiboxing is "DA BOMB".

I have grouped pairs of toons that I run and level at the same time. While I can't speak for running five toons, I feel your pain with regards to gathering items for quests for all the characters. It's even a pain with two, much less five, characters. With that said, I found that due to the reduced xp you get from being in a group, the "grinding" it takes to get the required items for each of the characters makes up for my reduced xp, so in the end, I follow the guide as it provides the fastest way to level.

I also try to run my teams with fully rested xp to ensure I am staying on track with the guide. I can pretty much stay two levels ahead of the guide, so it makes it a little easier for my teams.

With 5 toons, my advice would be to use the guide to complete quests that allow you to kill for quest completions. Couple that with instance runs for your appropriate level, and then let SIS catch you up or bring you to the quests were you don't have to gather items for quest completions.

Also, there are points in the guide were chain quests have follow on "group only" quests that are skipped in the guide because it requires a group. These are ideal for multiboxer's because the guides are written for solo leveling. You can grab these and run them pretty quickly and then jump right back in the guide, as well. The "Assassination of Harold Lane" comes to mind as an example of this.

.......that, or try to make you own "multi-boxing" guide. For me, the guide works prefectly, but again, I only run two, and not five, toons at a time.

Comment

For awhile I used keyclone, then went to innerspace and ISBoxer. I can tell you that innerspace with ISboxer and Jamba works REALLY well duelboxing. You can set it up so that if you push a mouse key on one the other one will do it too. so once you get used to it, it was like cake. as for questing, I just use Zygors guide. I only do two characters at a time too but haven't done it in awhile since I found leveling one character up on rest then going to another waiting for that first one to get rest back then leveling then new then going back was pretty damn fast

I went from 75 to 80 in three days on full rest. and it wasn't even a full three days I had to work and just had about 5 hours to play each day besides the Friday which I stayed up later. so Wednesday I was 75 Saturday at 10am I was 80. I believe thats how I'm going to level my last three characters.

but I'm kinda waiting for the dailies guide to come too.
            All using Zygors guide.

LvL 84 Priest ` Healster ` Holy/Shadow
            LvL 84 Warrior ` Battlecry ` Prot/Arms
            LvL 85 Hunter ` Killshott ` Marksmanship
            LvL 85 Mage ` Trajan ` Arcane
            LvL 82 Warlock Pyroclasm ` Affli
            LvL 85 Druid ` Sangera ` Balance/Restor
            LvL 85 Paladin ` Ret/holy
            LvL 85 Shaman ` Reincarn ` Elem/Restor

Comment

Thanks guys for all the input, and sorry for the delay. I just got out the hospital with pneumonia and haven't had a chance to be online in a while. I really appreciate the replies and thanks again. I'm gonna run thru zygor's guide (from lvl 1-80) and document each quest that is a kill quest per say and make a pdf or something similar. I just bought the World of Warcraft Programming book Second Edition and it is a very well written and easy to follow book for creating addons. It teaches you the LUA language as well as many examples, all the Warcraft API's detailed. What I would like to know is if there is a way to document each quest thru an addon while ingame. Basically a quest history addon. I plan to start researching today to see if there is but I figured I would ask around to see if someone knows an addon that does this already or if I would have to create my own. Thanks again guys and sorry for the delay but it's good to be back online again!!

Comment

Do a search in the forum threads here on the site for Carbonite. From what I see, Carbonite will keep track of all the quests that you complete.

Make sure to read and follow the threads as Carbonite uses a Tom Tom emulation. It does work if configured correctly and it has some pretty useful things, like quest tracking, for instance.....plus, if you don't like it, you can get rid of it.

Comment

Quest Filter: RAF (Multi-Box) Strawman Business Case

Now that the chaos of Cata's release has passed... I would encourage you to give this feature a second look. I strongly believe this would give your product a powerful competitive advantage over other products.

RAF has been extended to 80 and a new crop of multi-boxing has emerged.

Put another way, if you added a flag or a filter feature such that quest type could be easily filtered (kill, gather, investigate, greet, etc) people could tailor their gaming experience to THEIR needs using your resource.

I would recommend your resource to the multi-box community (whom tend toward the more liberal in purchasing products such as yours) if it were more feature rich.

Just a thought.

Comment

It's harder to skip quests now with Cata. If a feature such as this were implemented it would almost be pointless. You can't just skip, for example, the collect quests. With the changes you now go to a quest hub, get 3 or 4 quests, go out to do them, come back to turn them in, and get another 3 to 4 quests. Most of the time if you try to skip a quest it results in fewer quests available to do with the way everything is linked and before you know it you'll just be out grinding away at mobs for no reason other than to get enough XP to be able to move on to the next quest hub.
                    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
                    X