Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Code changes to add compatability with Carbonite

Hi Zygor and all,
    I have recently switched to Carbonite as it appears to be the only working vesion of google style maps after Cartographer 3.0 died! :-(

Anyway Zygor's way-points don't apear on the map which sucks so I looked into fixing the TomTom emulation and as i can't be arsed decoding the mess that Carbonite did to there code to hide it I have had to hack Zygor's code .

The reason Zygor doesn't work with Carbonite is Carbonites TomTom emulator don't have a few bits of code Zygor looks for but doesn't use "TomTom.defaults" which Zygor doesn't use at all and seems safe to remove as a check and "TomTom.profile.persistence.cleardistance" which Zygor sets to "0" which I just added a if around it to ensure it's there before setting it to "0".

So to sum up:
    1.) Remove all checks for "TomTom.defaults" as you already check for TomTom
    2.) Change line 396 of Waypoints.lua from:
    "TomTom.profile.persistence.cleardistance = 0"
    to
    "if (TomTom.profile and TomTom.profile.persistence) then
    TomTom.profile.persistence.cleardistance = 0
    end"

and Zygor will have more happy users! :-)

Regards,

Zas

Nice to see someone worked out how to do this. Have you tested these changes with the TomTom addon to make sure that they work for both TomTom and Carbonite? If so then we'll hopefully see this change in an update soon.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

tomtom emulation in carbonite doest working because hardcoded tomtom check
      changelog in carbonite says Improved TomTom emulation. Tested with GatherMate, HandyNotes, LightHeaded, Routes, Tour Guide.carbonite works tourguide but it bought zygor and is no longer available to download.is there the way (in next update ) how to work these two addons correctly,and offer tourguide functionality in zygor guide.i want to see waypoint in carbonite map but it works only on world map (or original minmap but that is not so good as moved minmap in carbonite map) but i want to see distance o target on carbonite map with optimal route.i can use typing manualy /carb goto x y but is not very handy.

Comment

OK I have had a few people asking for the files I changed (as they don't understand enough to change it them selfs) I have had a think and as this file is also in the free version I am sure Zygor won't mind me posting that one file with the changes here. ;-)

I have attached the file (I had to zip it up as .lua files can't be attached?) so just extract the one file "Waypoints.lua" into your "<<WOW DIR>>\Interface\Addons\ZygorGuidesViewer\" directory (you might have to search for the directory if you don't know where it is).

It will ask to overwrite your original file just say yes.

Also to answer your question if you have TomTom installed Zygor will use the real one instead (I think Carbonite disables it's TomTom emulater when the real one is present). I have just tested it with and without Carbonite and with and without TomTom and it seems fine. Also I have looked over the code and am fairly sure it will be fine. :-) Msg me if you are having trouble and maybe we can iron out any bugs so Zygor can work on other things! ;-)

Also if you disable Carbonite AND TomTom Zygor's arrow comes back (I miss the cool Zygor arrow when using Carbonite :-( Pity it won't work with Carbonite... Mind you I am thinking of getting Cartographer 3.0 working again with the new version of WoW so I can get rid of Carbonite all to gether :-)

Zas
        Attached Files

Comment

i tried your file and now waypoints works with carbonite that is cool i hope that zygor supports your patch in next update
          thank you again

Comment

Definitely will look into getting this added as soon as possible. Thanks, good job. :-)
            Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
            http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
            http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I made this thread a sticky until the Zygor team get this added into the official code for all those who have been looking for this compatibility.

Comment

Damn alot of creds to zasurus for taking the things up and fixing the zygor guide =D This just really makes it the best guide ever since you get the two most powerful leveling addons grouped.

Also zygor if you put the mod in the official code then carbonite will direct you to the goto location (tell you to go to flight master or a zone crossing) so you dont have to build that. It also show the area of the quest items which can be very useful in many places.

Anyway ive tried all the guides that exist to wow. And really the zygor team have done a great job! Since your the only one i bought. Now the next ting is the dailis guide (hopefulle with the carbonite fix) =D
                80 Dwarf Hunter -80* Dranei Paladin - 50 Gnome Mage - 21* Gnome Warlock - 40* Night Elf Druid

* = Leveled with zygor
                Server : Executes EU

Comment

Thanks all. Glad it works it's nice to get thanked for doing things so simple. :-)

On a side note does anyone know if it is posible to get my name case changed from "zasurus" to "Zasurus" so the first leter is caps? I know it's my OCD(ish)... the same OCD(ish) that made me fix this! ;-) LOL

Regards,

Zas

Comment

We'll have to get ZG Support to make that name change. Mods can't do that much.

Comment

Not to de-rail the thread or anything, but in regards to the following comment the OP made:

I have recently switched to Carbonite (even though I hate the fact they take other peoples code and then hide there so people can't learn from it! /rant off) as it apears to be the only working vesion of Cartographer 3.0 :-(

Actually Carbonite was the first map mode to have the google map style zooming. Cart3 came long after, so i don't get where you think they stole code.

Comment

Tested the guide with carbonite for quite a while and everything is working like smooth sailing =)

Exept from that sometimes the guide dosent notice when you get a new hs loc and landing from flight paths. Not sure what caused the error can also be a bug ? =)
                        80 Dwarf Hunter -80* Dranei Paladin - 50 Gnome Mage - 21* Gnome Warlock - 40* Night Elf Druid

* = Leveled with zygor

Comment

Originally posted by Gothicknight View Post
                          Actually Carbonite was the first map mode to have the google map style zooming. Cart3 came long after, so i don't get where you think they stole code.
                          I suspected also that some of my code got aquired a while ago (I have since decoded that section of the carbonite code and now believe they just had the same idea about the same time! ) and was having a crappy day when I wrote that. So sorry Carbonite! My mistake. I shouldn't have made comments like that but as I said was having a really shit day!

Comment removed and again sorry Carbonite.

Regards,

Zas

Comment

Originally posted by zasurus View Post
                            Also to answer your question if you have TomTom installed Zygor will use the real one instead (I think Carbonite disables it's TomTom emulater when the real one is present). I have just tested it with and without Carbonite and with and without TomTom and it seems fine. Also I have looked over the code and am fairly sure it will be fine. :-)
                            Does TomTom have to be installed for this to work?

Comment

Nope =)

Carbonite emulates tomtom so the only thing needed is carbonite and check the option to emulate TomTom.

* = Leveled with zygor

Comment

Working...
                              X