No announcement yet.

Code changes to add compatability with Carbonite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, let me get this straight. Install the Carbonite mod, install the zip file as instructed, and that's it (with the exception of setting a few parameters).

Comment

Install the Zygor guides and Carbonite first, then use the zip file in post #4 here to replace the Waypoints.lua file inside the ZygorGuidesViewer directory. In game disable the TomTom addon if you have it installed and tell Zygor guides to use the TomTom waypoint arrow. That's all there is to it.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Pretty kewl........just have to get use to the new look, but from what I have seen so far, I LIKE. I haven't been able to try it out yet due to the weekly maintenance, though,

Comment

Awesome

Originally posted by cabby View Post
          In game disable the TomTom addon if you have it installed and tell Zygor guides to use the TomTom waypoint arrow.
          This is the part I was missing. Works great now.

Thanks

Comment

You could also simply delete the TomTom addon since it won't be needed for anything. Carbonite will direct you to your corpse should you die plus provide waypoints for the guides so there's no use for TomTom.

Comment

Noticed that this has been changed in the latest versions of the downloadable guide but the changelog doesn't reflect it. I am sure you have been busy with the dailies guide, but just want to point it out

Comment

Where did you find the changelog ?
                80 Dwarf Hunter -80* Dranei Paladin - 50 Gnome Mage - 21* Gnome Warlock - 40* Night Elf Druid

* = Leveled with zygor
                Server : Executes EU

Comment

Errors with new DK

Using the fix from this thread I'm getting Carbonite errors ever quest i complete in the starter DK area. I don't have any logs with me at work, but will post some if needed. I seem to remember waypoint issues with ANY navigation type addon in the starter area. Should this fix work in the starter DK area?

Comment

2 ways to find the change log.

1) Go into the members area and select the download link, then at the bottom of the page is a link for the change log.

2) Run the updater and allow it to get the latest version of the updater then click the Log button.

Comment

This 'fix' is just to allow the guide viewer to send the waypoint info to Carbonite. If Carbonite doesn't work in the DK starting area then it's a Carbonite issue and not the guides. My suggestion would be to use the built-in waypoint arrow in the DK starting area then once you leave there switch back to Carbonite.

Comment

Do you know someone if viewer which comes with dailies guide supported carbonite ? I think about buying this guide but i just level another alt because farming on 80 level is so boring i hope this guide help me with that.but i dont know if i should wait until viewer is bug free

Comment

The viewer for the dailies is the exact same one that's used for the leveling guides. Use the fix in post #4 of this thread for Carbonite compatibility until the Zygor team gets the fix coded in permanently.

Comment

ok i just bought daily guide an it works without any hacks.it will update on newest version.whicvh works with carbonite.updater make things easier but account and psasword and exe file but i m not sure if it is not security violation
                            i think that zygor should realease zip file which it is has now only wiever but with whole guides it would be better.

Comment

i m sorry i just notice that guides are included in zip file.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                                The viewer for the dailies is the exact same one that's used for the leveling guides. Use the fix in post #4 of this thread for Carbonite compatibility until the Zygor team gets the fix coded in permanently.
                                FYI: Zygor has already included the fix in the newest version. ;-)

Zas

Comment

Working...
                                X