Dissapointing at first

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dissapointing at first

I started using Zygor at level 13 as a blood elf. I was dissapointed to see that they don't have a guide to 20 for each zone, so that is pretty generic. So I decided it would be faster to get level 20 on my own in Ghostlands (rather than following the guide and going to the Barrens ). So after I hit level 20 I start following the guide (Section 20-25). Very annoying to get on track with it because half of the quests are chain quests that I cannot accept because I didn't level in the Barrens from 10-20. Now I am skipping like almost every step because I can't do any of these quests and such the chain continues. Very dissapointing. Hopefully it won't be like this in the Outlands and Northrend.

You might say it's my fault for not going to the Barrens at level 10, but how am I supposed to know it's all chain quests? I've levelled plenty of characters and I absolutely hate the barrens, so why would I ever go there at level 10 as a Blood Elf? Hopefully changes will be made for this in the future.

EDIT**
    That said, whenever I do a bunch of quests that Zygor actually has with me, it goes by very smoothly and quick.

It shouldn't really come as a surprise that a guide doesn't work if you don't follow it It's a guide to take you to 80 in the fastest way possible, so that could be why they want you to go to Barrens. I've never quested in Ghostlands though, so can't really say much for which is faster.

Comment

The guides were created before there was a Blood Elf or Ghostlands. That being said, once those were introduced with BC, the Zygor team decided that the Barrens path was still a better choice due to all the chain quests. It doesn't take long to hit level 20 no matter where you quest, so there was really no point in trying to re-write the guide for one zone.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I agree if you want to go quest in ghostlands go pick up dugi's guide since it has more questing in the blood elf starting area + ghostlands. Zygors unfortunately isn't for everyone and I don't know of any guide that's for someone that doesn't follow it.

Sorry if I come off as an ass but if you're not gonna follow the guide (maybe you're wiser or know better) then don't come on the forums complaining it doesn't work for you.

Comment

With Cataclysm on the horizon, it doesn't make a lot of sense to rewrite the draenei and blood elf starting guides to include Bloodmyst and Ghostlands when we will be rewriting essentially the entire guide from scratch soon anyway. We would rather spend that time perfecting the SIS feature and getting out our dailies and events guide. In the end though, the guide will incorporate these areas eventually if they do prove to be still effective post Cataclysm.
          Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
          http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I didn't post that message to try and trash on the guide. It's a great guide. I was surprised at how detailed every step is. I was expecting a lot of short cuts to be taken. But when you get steps telling you to pick up a flight path (something simple, but I definitely would not expect that to be in a guide). Or a step telling you where the hidden path to a certain group of mobs is. It's very detailed and very good.

I wasn't trashing on you guys, I was just giving a "testimonial" for anyone who is maybe thinking of buying the guide but isn't sure. If I ever start a new character from level 1, I will of course follow the guide from 1-80 and I'm sure it will be smooth.

Comment

Nah and I figured you weren't trashing the guide its not like you came in and said hey dugi's guide rocks yours sucks kthxbai so I didn't want to come off as an ass or anything but it was kind of annoying to say hey I tried the guide, I did my own path and now it doesnt work. I will give you the chain quest portion and really thats the reason why it was a pita prior to the SIS system to "get back" into the guide if you deviated.

Comment

Working...
              X