somewhat disappointed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

somewhat disappointed.

I ordered the Alliance Guide to level up my Shaman from levels 70-80. Sometimes I will take a break from leveling and help my wife level her 73 warrior.

I am having difficulty with Zygor's guides because there are quests that are missing vital information. To give one example:

Level 76: Step 123 - You forgot to mention that you have to colelct 6 Banshee essence before turning in Gymer's Salvation.

Secondly, since I am level 77, the guide is "skipping over" what it considers to be "obsolete" quests. However, those quests are VITAL to complete to unlock the step that the guide is sending me to.

For example:

The guide keeps fast forwarding me to Level 76 - step 155: Accept "Mushroom Mixer" from Hexxer Ubungo. But I have to keep finding my place back in the guide to do previous steps in order to unlock this quest. Actually, I have been doing this for quite a few steps.

I don't think Northrend is designed to "skip over" quests, because certain quests unlocks others - and if you skip over them, even at level 80 - you still cannot unlock those quests without doing previous ones.

There needs to be some more tweaking done, IMO, for this to be a decent guide. I am not happy with it at the moment - unless there is a fix for skipping over quests that are necessary to unlock steps the guide is fast forwarding me to.

Yes, we are currently working on tracking down and fixing the "hidden" quest chains, like you've described.

If you don't want anything to be skipped, simple move the slide bar up to 80 in the Dynamic Progress options, which can be found in the ZygorGuidesViewer options menu.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I recommend changing the level gap for skipping quests to a value of 2 or 3.
      With this value you won't run into too many obsolete and therefore grey quests before level 60 and you'll just level along the normal guide path through Outlands and Northrend.
      I am normally 1-2 levels ahead of the guide and if I reach level 60 I just turn in the last complete quests and go on to Outlands. And if I reach level 70 early I also just stop using the Outlands guide and go on to Northrend. And when I reach level 80 I complete the guide just to get the gold and reward items.

Comment

I myself had decided to change the setup from 0 to 80.

I love the SIS feature, but I will be the one to decide what steps to skip.
        "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Working...
        X