OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My experience as a "Zygor's Guide" customer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My experience as a "Zygor's Guide" customer.

Just as almost everyone in this community, I absolutely love the guides. I purchased the Alliance guide April 17th, 2009 and I couldn't get enough. I could never stand the Alliance, nor even level one because I had no clue where to go most of the time (Horde, FTW!), but the guide kept me in track and I was able to level many Alliance without it altering my /played time at all.

So, about a month or two later, I purchased the Horde guide (again, like most everybody else), and only to be even more surprised. I've been playing World of Warcraft since release, and thought I knew the Horde paths from front to back, but I was definitely surprised at how much faster I was leveling. But, for these awesome guides, I felt I needed to make the experience go a bit "further".

This is when I lurked and trolled on the forums ;-). I helped quite a number of people as a community member, and then a major patch was released and the guides broke, and by the time Zygor could log back in to fix the problem (he had a real life crisis which didn't allow for him to be online until ~3:00 AM), another fellow community member(I forgot his name :-() and I had already fixed the problem, and I created a video on how to install the new fix.

This is where all the lurking and trolling kicked in. I was refreshing the forums, and noticed a special dedicated post towards me, so I jumped into the thread to check it out. http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2598 is where you could find that :-P. I was "promoted" to moderator and now I still continue to help when possible, and do some extra LUA and C++ programming on the side xD.

In the end of this wall of text, there's basically a simple sentence that needs to be really said about the guides. Zygor's Guides are beyond awesome. With a $50.00 one time payment, you get a 1-80 Leveling Guide that handles RAF, heirlooms, and pre-leveled characters, you get awesome bonuses (like the Netherdrake Guide), and last but definitely not least, you get a great community on the side. I can't ask for anything more, because I have everything needed. And not ONLY did I get all of that, but John (Zygor) is just a straight out down to Earth guy. If you can find a single guy willing to work with you as much as he does, and as friendly as he is, send me a Private Message, and I'll give you a cookie....mmmm, cookies!

Silverhawk11
    It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Hey thanks man, great post, I appreciate it. Glad you like the guides so much! :-)
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I agree. I absolutely love the guide. I never want to play WoW again without it. I also can't stand the alliance (lol) but I recently created a human pally because after so many horde toons, I need a change and since I've tried every race and class, there's no more "change" for me with horde. So, going ally is a complete, refreshing change. And the customer support is just....amazing. I never thought the zygor world would be so awesome. Definately worth the $50.

I have a question, though, what's this Netherdrake Guide bonus thing you're talking about? I know there is a drake guide (and others) but don't you have to pay for those separately? From how you're saying it, I'm getting the impression that it comes along with the one-time $50 payment.
      80 Tauren Hunter - 75 Blood Elf Paladin - 54 Tauren Druid - 47 Undead Mage - 25 Dwarf Paladin - 26 Human Mage

Comment

There is a Nether Drake Mount Guide bonus inside the members area. There is a button under Bonus Materials inside the Members Area which, if you click it, will bring you to a guide on how to get a Nether Drake Mount.

P.S. - Thanks, I'm really glad you like the guides. :-)

Comment

Thanks! I never even clicked on any of those because I thought you had to purchase them.
          80 Tauren Hunter - 75 Blood Elf Paladin - 54 Tauren Druid - 47 Undead Mage - 25 Dwarf Paladin - 26 Human Mage

Comment

You rock, oh so much

I've been playing WoW for some time now, and was glad that, in my quest for good leveling add-ons, I finally came across Zygor. With all the competitors out there, and I think I've tried 5 or 6 now, Zygor always remains on top with me. I think I need to quit believing in the person second on my list, because y'all always come through for me. Last weekend, I was able to convince my boyfriend, after a LONG time of beggin to play WoW with me, and he is HOOKED. Trouble is we quickly reached level 20 while still leveling in Darkshore. Our Zygor quest level indicator said we were in the 14s and 15s. I comtemplated skipping ahead to try and find a better place for us to go, when I got this email this morning. Not only have you integrated quest history, but it detects redundant quest branches based on how fast you are leveling!! This is the first time in my history with an add-on, where I have thought, HOW THE HECK DID YOU DO THIS? I know nothing about programming and consider myself a casual gamer. My boyfriend is even more so, so a walkthrough was key in getting him to play. THank you so much for this. And I will continue to be a customer even if upgrades need to be paid for.

Comment

Hey thanks! I'm glad you like the guides! :-)

Comment

Zygor vs Dugi

Hi John I have been reading the on going posts regarding this issue. I have now purchased both guides and feel it only fair to tell you my honest findings. I loaded dugi due to using their dailies guide and reading about how they also help in regards to ending ensuring all they quests are complete ready to start dailies andmake rep and gold post lvl 80.

My findings are i have tried to use dugi and found that they use tomtom waypoint addon which is not as as Zygors Cartographer.

Secondly The descriptions of what to do are not as good as Zygor will also give a brief discription of the location of the char your looking for which helps when they are upstairs or in a cave where you may arrive at the waypoint in Dugis and be puzzled why the character you are looking for is not there. or what to do i.e. make the inn your home (dugidoes not tell you to do this. (makes a big difference to your travelling time).

Zygor is far more polished and I have found it to be far superior in general but as to the fastest to be quiet honest they are both fast and the difference between them does not interest me as it is minimal and I just want to be 80 quick minutes or a couple of hours are not the be all or end all. I will say this this though Zygor are easier to follow and due to the better discriptions I found quicker as with Dugi I was fustrated looking for chars that were not at the coords due to being in a cave or upstairs in a building etc.....

Finally the Talent guide Zygor just rocks there is nothing even close to the way zygor puts in the talent points is breathtakingly easy and impressive. ( almost worth buying for this alone).

I have one wish that would then make Zygor the No. one in my book and dissolve the need to use Dugi an that is the dailies. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can you add a dailies guide.

I really hope you read this post and gold guides and eating guides are a nice touch but you are just lacking in this area and its really the only reason I cannot be without the Dugi guide and was the motivation behind me trying the Dugi guides in the first place because i needed the help in getting rep and gold once hitting 80.

so please tell me is there a chance John thay you could do this as then you have the full deal and I can think of no reason to even consider using anyone else not could i see anyone else doing so as it seems everyone I have spoke to using Dugi's guides guides have said the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by midnightdav View Post
                  I have one wish that would then make Zygor the No. one in my book and dissolve the need to use Dugi an that is the dailies. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can you add a dailies guide.

I really hope you read this post and gold guides and eating guides are a nice touch but you are just lacking in this area and its really the only reason I cannot be without the Dugi guide and was the motivation behind me trying the Dugi guides in the first place because i needed the help in getting rep and gold once hitting 80.

so please tell me is there a chance John thay you could do this as then you have the full deal and I can think of no reason to even consider using anyone else not could i see anyone else doing so as it seems everyone I have spoke to using Dugi's guides guides have said the same thing.
                  Your wish is granted. *POOF*

No, but seriously, we're working on it as we speak. Keep an eye out. :-)

Comment

Thank you john

I have never posted before but am amazed how quickly you responded to me. To say I was nervous about putting up a post is an understatement. The speed of your reply has made me feel a valued customer (not to mention no critism of my bad grammar and mis types ).

But to say you are working on a dailies ingame guide has truely made my day I will never have to pay to keep two guides on the go is great.

I truely hope that other users read my post and save themselves the cost of paying for the Dugi guide when You will be providing will make my posting worthwhile.

One thing I failed to mention in my previous post is that I am like most users and dont usually post and just vote with my feet and pay for the guide I like and dont get involved in posting my opinions for fear of being critisized.

I have 3 level 80's now and all of them levelled using Zygor which makes me smile as I play with very experienced players and due to work commitments dont get to invest the time they have to know the game well enough to level at their speed yet they are always suprised to see me level at their speed and enjoy the game as I do. My secret is Zygor ( or not a secret as I tend to laugh and point them in your direction).

Thank you again for responding so quickly and please if your like me and reading this vote with your feet and vote Zygor.

Comment

Hey thanks! That's awesome, congrats on your 3 80's, keep on chuggin. :-)

Comment

Working...
                      X