Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leveling Contest!

Hello all,

I would like your input on a new leveling contest. First, I need you to make sure to reply to this thread if you're interested in joining the contest. I will keep track of everyone's progression throughout the contest. Second, I need the communities input on if they want to level Alliance or Horde.

The contest has begun! February of 2010 is the end date. Join while you can!

Prize
    Recognition on the forums as the contest winner and $15.00 PayPal (you must have a PayPal account for this to be valid).

Server
    Scarlet Crusade(RP) - US

Rules and Regulations
    1. You can use whichever class preferred, excluding Death Knight.
    2. No experience modifiers are allowed. (Heirlooms, RAF, etc)
    3. You cannot do battlegrounds/instances. This is to keep the contest as close to the guide as possible.
    4. You can go to the Outlands or Northrend early if desired. This is to make the rules a little less strict.
    5. There will be one "alt" character allowed. This character will be used for banking purposes to save /played time in the long run. You must have this character inside of the official guild for the contest.

These rules can change at any time, but you will be informed if you're participating in the contest.

How to win
    Be the very first of all of the participants to reach level 80. It is asked of you to take a screenshot of your /played time when you very first hit level 80.

I will be creating a guild for the participants at a later date, especially for the ones interested in continuing with their characters. As stated previously, if you're interested in joining please reply to this thread so I can record your names in the participants. You're allowed to join at a later date, but this means other players are ahead in levels, so please try to be on time.

Kind Regards,
    Silverhawk11
    Alliance
    56.76%
    Horde
    43.24%
    It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

HECK YEAH!!! Good idea.
    Count me in. I have the Alliance guide.
    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Couple of questions for clarification.

Since you referred to creating a guild does this mean that you'd like everyone to be on the same server (possibly one where there's no alts for 'twinking' the character)? If this is the case to prevent 'twinking' will this mean that no alts are allowed to be created on the server during the contest?

By being the first to hit 80 do you mean in /played time or in real time? If in /played time what will be the overall real time limit for the participants to hit 80 and submit the screenshot?
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Got a suggestion as well. If this is gonna happen, how about making the upgrade to Cataclysm free to the winner? <;-)

Comment

Hello everybody,

Bah! I thought I wrote about the alts and such, thanks for putting that out. To answer your question, no, there will be no alternative characters allowed. It's going to remain with their one character they create (unless some members here are nice enough to make an alt to sign the charter for me, I'll allow that).

We will start the contest as soon as I feel enough entries have been made, and there will be a deadline set one week prior to the beginning of the contest. It will be the fastest to hit level 80, /played time. This is to give the players who have less time in real life to level their characters, but can do it in a specific time period.

@Kamchak - That's a different type of suggestion, but one I'll take into account. The thing is, does everyone want to wait for their reward, or do they want to recieve the reward as soon as they completed the challenge? I'm a paying customer as well, I still pay for the upgrades and fees, so if we waited for Cataclysm to be released, that'd be me waiting until next year to hand out the prize. I'm okay with it, but I figured a $15.00 prize after winning the contest would be more of a benefit.

So, here's what I'll do. As soon as we have a contest winner, I'll allow them to decide; wait for Cataclysm, or recieve a $15.00 USD prize in their PayPal account.

Silverhawk11

Comment

I know for a fact that only the account holder can sign a charter. When I made my bank guild, I had several that tried to sign alts for my 10g per signature offer, which WoW rejected.
            Not sure if that hits your topic, but anyone that agrees to the competition should be given a server to use, create a toon, send you the name of the toon, and meet in the city to get the signatures. Im sure there is a lvl'd mage that could help with some ports, if needed LOL.
            Just my 2 cents..... again.

Comment

Hello Kamchak,

That was what I planning to do :-). The server name will be on Scarlet Crusade which will be updated in the original post. I was planning on waiting until we had began the competition, but this can go ahead and be done. I'll link the character name in this post + the original so you know who to add, but he won't be my main character, just the guild leader. I'll have to do this later as I'm heading out of the door to go to my grandma's so she can buy me some sonic cause' I'm sick :-).

Silverhawk11

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk11 View Post
                Hello Kamchak,

That was what I planning to do :-). The server name will be on Scarlet Crusade which will be updated in the original post. I was planning on waiting until we had began the competition, but this can go ahead and be done. I'll link the character name in this post + the original so you know who to add, but he won't be my main character, just the guild leader. I'll have to do this later as I'm heading out of the door to go to my grandma's so she can buy me some sonic cause' I'm sick :-).

Silverhawk11
                Feel better Silver. See if I can get a shake while you're there.

Comment

Hello Kamchak,

Thanks a lot! I went ahead and got you a shake, but I drank it all :'(.

:-D.

Silverhawk11

Comment

I would suggest allowing 1 level 1 alt as a banker. This would allow everyone to focus on hitting 80 with the main toon and not be wasting time at the AH trying to make some money for things like mounts. This can easily be monitored with screen shots of the character select screen and having the banking alts in the guild as well.

As for waiting until next year for the prize, unless you're planning on the contest duration to only be 3 weeks at this point the contest won't be over until next year.

Comment

Hello cabby,

You make a great point. You're allowed one alternative character as a banking toon. They must, however, be in the guild created for the contest. Good point about the prize, but, Catacylsm's release date is not even known, and it's estimated around Christmas time of 2010. Again, it's the winners decision on his prize, so I'm okay with whatever ;-).

Silverhawk11

Comment

Do you have an estimated idea as to how long we'll have in real time to do this contest, taking the holiday season into account of course?

Comment

I'm estimating ~2-4 months considering all of the bonuses now from patches.

Comment

Ok, I'm in. I haven't voted as I have both guides and it doesn't matter to me which side, altho I am more familiar with the horde side which means an alliance side contest will provide me with a bit more challenge.

Comment

Awesome :-). I voted for the Alliance because I only know the start zones of all races except Draeni, so I figured it may make it a little more interesting. Besides, I'm tired of Horde after 5 years of playing nothing but Horde. :-P.

Comment

Working...
                              X