No announcement yet.

Talent Builds Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe Demonology was picked as this is an easier build to use with leveling. You just send in the pet, apply a couple DoTs, and then use a wand until the mob is dead. This is very easy for anyone to use and is relatively safe in terms of survivability.

A lot of people like Affliction because you can kill mobs faster, but you need to learn how to 'drain tank' as you'll have agro most of the time with this build and thus be in a higher danger bracket for death. Affliction will probably also be the build of choice for dungeons and raids.

As for a comeback, just tell them that you don't tell them how to play their toons so they shouldn't tell you how to play yours. But honestly if you just tell them it's your first 'lock and you're using Demonology while learning the character most sensible players will understand and not really give you grief.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Warlock leveling talent guide

Thanks for the reply now that i just got my voidwalker its ridiculously easy just as you said. Thanks for the comeback to i may dabble in affliction when I'm 80 for the dungeons and end game. Thanks again.

Comment

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0xG0hiIRIdhVuouZbxcub

Would someone convert that to lua for me? Thanks.

Comment

Here you go:

Code:
          ZygorTalentAdvisor:RegisterBuild("DRUID","Custom (55/0/16)","5032003025331233213005311031000000000000000000000000000000205003312000000000000000000")

Comment

Ok the post above me looks a lot simpler than writing the whole talent out and have tried doing it like posted above but I cant get it to show up in the advisior. and somebody help me out? im posting the contents of my Build01.lua
            Code:
            if not ZygorTalentAdvisor then return end

ZygorTalentAdvisor:RegisterBuild("PALADIN","Prot spec","000000000000000000000000000500513520310231133331232150230210200300000000000000")

Comment

I just copied that into my Build01.lua file and it loads up just fine for me. Are you sure that your file extension is .lua and not .lua.txt? Also, which directory do you have it saved in?

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                Here you go:

Code:
                ZygorTalentAdvisor:RegisterBuild("DRUID","Custom (55/0/16)","5032003025331233213005311031000000000000000000000000000000205003312000000000000000000")
                How do you write out the builds in this form? What I mean is: Which number corresponds with which talent? If I knew that, I think I could write my own builds.

Comment

Use the talent planner at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/.../talent-index/ then after you're done there's a button on the right that says 'Link to this Build'. After you click this the address in your browser will have the numbers at the end of it.

How the numbers are determined is quite easy, start with the left tree and from top to bottom work left to right for each talent. So if there's 3 talents in the top row then the first 3 numbers would be these talents from left to right, next row left talent would be the 4th number. After you're done with the first tree then you move to the middle tree and repeat, continuing after the numbers for the first tree. Rinse and repeat for the 3rd tree.

All I did to build that one was opened up the wowhead link and the warcraft link and re-created the build so I could use the link button to grab the numbers. Took about 3min to do it.

Comment

I just copied that into my Build01.lua file and it loads up just fine for me. Are you sure that your file extension is .lua and not .lua.txt? Also, which directory do you have it saved in?
                    Thanks for checking it for me. apparently i saved the original file as a txt file (go go windows 7 )

Comment

Worked like a champ

Use the talent planner at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/.../talent-index/ then after you're done there's a button on the right that says 'Link to this Build'. After you click this the address in your browser will have the numbers at the end of it.
                      I've wanted to respec my Holy Priest of late and this tip was a huge help. First I created my current spec for backup purposes. Then created my new and improved build. I also see this as a great way to keep a backup of your fav builds for those times when Blizzard makes talent tree changes that require respecs after a patch.

Thanks again Cabby and the Zygor team!

Service after the sale FTW!!!!

Comment

Haha, never even thought about using this for a backup when you have to respec due to patches.

Comment

Death Knight Builds

Hey guys:

I was wondering are there any other builds for Unholy or Frost? The On a Pale Horse talent is important for riding fast while questing and the Ghoul pet is helpful in a fight.

Thanks,

Comment

Posts 61, 62, and 70(without the comment lines) in this thread.

Comment

Since the talent calculator WoW's site is being screwy could someone make this build into a lua file?

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#of0VczZ0EcfRMIuVubhst

Comment

Here ya go glaaki.

Code:
                                ZygorTalentAdvisor:RegisterBuild("MAGE","Custom (14/57/0)","23000503010000000000000000000000550323120233310531203013510000000000000000000000000000")

Comment

Working...
                                X