Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guide not remembering where I left off

Hello everyone,

Okay I am having an issue with the guide. each time I log out of WOW and then go back in the guide selection is blank and does not remember where it was. Even in recent it's not showing where I was. I have to manually select the guide and keep right clicking on the advance arrow until it gets to a step where I have not completed the next step. This is very frustrating. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Normally when this happens you can fix it by going to the WoW/WTF/Account/<accountname>/SavedVariables folder and delete the Zygor settings files. Deleting them and allowing it to create a new settings file should do it for you.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Okay I tired that and deleted the Zygor setting files but it still is not remembering where I left off and have to navigate manually to it.

Comment

It will do that the first time you log in after deleting those files. What about if you exit the game and go back in a 2nd or 3rd time?

Comment

Okay while I'm in the game it remembers my recent steps of the guides I'm in but once I close out of wow and then go back in they are gone and I have to manually go to each quest line I'm in. If you need any other information to help figure this out please let me know.

Comment

Try this for a test.

1. Exit the game
            2. Go to your WoW/Cache folder and delete everything in there
            3. Go to your WoW folder and rename the Interface and WTF folders to Interface.Old and WTF.Old
            4. Run the Zygor desktop client, click the refresh button in the top right, and then click on the Install button
            5. Go in game to test and then let me know if that fixed it

Remember, the first time logging in after doing this it will look like it's not fixed. You'll need to get back to your spot in the guide again and then log out and back in to see if it remembered that.

Comment

Okay did all you said to do. I reconfigured the guide locked it in place to where I want it and then did a couple steps. I then logged out of wow and then had it go back in. the guide was not displayed and had to click the button to display it and it was not on the step it was just blank and no longer locked where I set it up. I went to the recent and it shows the last step I was on. So something is still up.

Update: Okay I just noted that zygor Guide is giving about 6 LUA errors when loading.

Going to try to delete all zygor stuff and then trash the program and download fresh.

Update #2 okay still getting the LUA errors but most appear to be related to the beta. But after deleting everything related to zygor and then trashing the program and downloading and installing again seems to have fixed it.

Thank you for your help.
              Last edited by mythos44; December 3, 2016, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Which guides do you have enabled, the normal release version or the beta version? You can only have one enabled at a time in the Addons listing at the character selection screen.

Comment

in the addons listing it is only showing one zygor guides viewer 6.0

Comment

If you don't have the beta guides installed how are you getting LUA errors about the beta? You did the rename of the Interface and WTF folders so that it would appear as tho the only addon ever installed was Zygor? Do you run the game as an administrator? Please post up one of the LUA errors you are seeing.

Comment

Okay in the guide launcher I see both checked. I unchecked the beta and deleted everything related to the beta in the wow folders but I still am receiving beta errors. What is really strange is the folder ZygorGuidesViewer-BETA doesn't even exist anywhere in there. Here are a couple errors I'm getting.

Date: 2016-12-03 20:58:02
                      ID: -6
                      Error occured in: Global
                      Count: 1
                      Message: ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua line 826:
                      ERROR in startup frame 3: ..\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer-BETA\Parser.lua line 1525:
                      attempt to index local 'params' (a boolean value)
                      in
                      ..\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer-BETA\Parser.lua line 1525:
                      in function `ParseHeader'
                      ..\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Guide.lua line 248:
                      ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua line 470:
                      in function `Startup_LoadGuides_Threaded'
                      ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua line 698:
                      in function <...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesView er.lua:598>

Debug:
                      [C]: ?
                      [C]: error()
                      ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:826: StartupStep()
                      ZygorGuidesViewer\MasterFrame.lua:6:
                      ZygorGuidesViewer\MasterFrame.lua:4

Date: 2016-12-03 20:57:54
                      ID: -8
                      Message: ...ddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer-BETA\GoldUI\ServerTrends.lua line 14:
                      bad argument #1 to 'tinsert' (table expected, got nil)
                      Debug:
                      [C]: tinsert()
                      ...ddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer-BETA\GoldUI\ServerTrends.lua:14: in main chunk
                      Locals:

ID: -9
                      Message: ...erface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer-BETA\GoldUI\Scan.lua line 20:
                      Debug:
                      ...erface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer-BETA\GoldUI\Scan.lua:20: in main chunk

ID: -10
                      Message: ..\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer-BETA\Guide.lua line 369:
                      attempt to index local 'L' (a nil value)
                      Debug:
                      ZygorGuidesViewer-BETA\Guide.lua:369: in main chunk

ID: -11
                      Message: ...nterface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer-BETA\BugReport.lua line 44:
                      Debug:
                      ...nterface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer-BETA\BugReport.lua:44: in main chunk

ID: -12
                      Message: ...\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer-BETA\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua line 1:
                      Two ZygorGuideViewers loaded!
                      We're doomed!
                      Debug:
                      [C]: assert()
                      ...\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer-BETA\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua:1: in main chunk

Date: 2016-12-03 20:55:11
                      ID: -14
                      Message: ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua line 826:
                      ERROR in startup frame 3: ..\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer-BETA\Parser.lua line 1525:
                      attempt to index local 'params' (a boolean value)
                      in
                      ..\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer-BETA\Parser.lua line 1525:
                      ..\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Guide.lua line 248:
                      ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua line 470:
                      in function `Startup_LoadGuides_Threaded'
                      ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua line 698:
                      in function <...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesView er.lua:598>

Debug:
                      [C]: error()
                      ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:826: StartupStep()
                      ZygorGuidesViewer\MasterFrame.lua:6:
                      ZygorGuidesViewer\MasterFrame.lua:4
                      Last edited by mythos44; December 4, 2016, 08:14 AM.

Comment

I think you might have two different game installations and you're looking in the installation that is not being used when you're in game. Open up your battle.net launcher and click on Options (just below the word Games) and then select Game Settings. Now on the new window that opens up click on Game Install/Update on the left and let me know what it shows for the WoW folder setting (not the default install directory setting, I need the folder used for game play). After you do that open up the Zygor desktop client, click the gear icon in the bottom right, click on Game Installations on the left, and tell me what it is showing for the WoW path.

Comment

Okay additional info. I'm on a mac and the only installation is located in /Applications/World of Warcraft

Zygor is pointing to that folder and that is the only install.

The options under games in battle.net I do not see. I'm not sure if it is because it's MAC.

Comment

I don't think the battle.net client displays differently on a Mac. The Options would be near the top left corner. When you look in Applications/World of Warcraft/Interface/Addons you only have 1 Zygor folder? The errors you posted all show you as having 2 different Zygor folders inside Addons.

Comment

Okay I think I finally got rid of it. The file !Swatter.lua had those paths listed and those are what were throwing the errors. Because I deleted everything related to the beta. But the !Swatter.lua file kept it I guess. I renamed that file and it created a new one and now I no longer receive all the LUA errors.

I truly appreciate all your help. This was very frustrating but looks like it is finally resolved.

Thank you again. Your support has been awesome!

Comment

Working...
                              X