Broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken

Your guide is so broken, the amount of times I have had to uninstall and reinstall is beyond a joke.

Yes, I have disabled many a time my very few addons (2 of them) even constanly removing them from the addon folder goodness knows how many times.

Also tried repairing it a lot, The pointer keeps disapearing, not to mention the pages on pages of LUA errors. Like for instance when I go into a dungeon, BAM 17 pages of LUA errors, when I try to equip an item BAM LUA errors, the mouse just forgets to show me where to go and it has done this quite a few times.

When you release version a that works, instead of this being in alpha stage then I might subscribe again.

Oh I forgot to mention, I have removed the files in the savedvaribles upteen times as well and repaired the game a few times as well through the option on the client....
    Last edited by mrwaggle4; November 7, 2016, 05:05 AM.

The errors in dungeons are a known problem and currently being worked on. The other problems like errors with the gear system and the arrow disappearing sound like something else is happening.

Try this for a test. It will give you a 'clean' install state for the game and addons and allow you to see if the gear and arrow problems persist when Zygor is the only addon that has been installed (no other addon files being seen by the game).

1. Exit the game
    2. Go to your WoW/Cache folder and delete everything in there
    3. Go to your WoW folder and rename the Interface and WTF folders to Interface.Old and WTF.Old
    4. Run the Zygor desktop client, click the refresh button in the top right, and then click on the Install button
    5. Go in game to test and then let me know if that fixed it
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
      The errors in dungeons are a known problem and currently being worked on. The other problems like errors with the gear system and the arrow disappearing sound like something else is happening.

Try this for a test. It will give you a 'clean' install state for the game and addons and allow you to see if the gear and arrow problems persist when Zygor is the only addon that has been installed (no other addon files being seen by the game).

1. Exit the game
      2. Go to your WoW/Cache folder and delete everything in there
      3. Go to your WoW folder and rename the Interface and WTF folders to Interface.Old and WTF.Old
      4. Run the Zygor desktop client, click the refresh button in the top right, and then click on the Install button
      5. Go in game to test and then let me know if that fixed it
      I did not get any LUA errors as of yet with item equip and dungeons , but it lost the tracker dots on the small and large maps. I just disabled the guide in the addons button on the game menu and enabled it again a it all seems to be fine at the moment. I want to say I am so sorry for having a go at you, it was so frustrating having these problems constanly day in day out. so once again i'm so sorry.
      Last edited by mrwaggle4; November 12, 2016, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mrwaggle4 View Post
        I did not get any LUA errors as of yet with item equip and dungeons , but it lost the tracker dots on the small and large maps. I just disabled the guide in the addons button on the game menu and enabled it again a it all seems to be fine at the moment. I want to say I am so sorry for having a go at you, it was so frustrating having these problems constanly day in day out. so once again i'm so sorry.
        Just to let you know that I have just had my 1st LUA...

Message: ...sViewer\Libs\HereBeDragons-1.0\HereBeDragons-1.0.lua:647: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'x' (a nil value)
        Time: 11/12/16 15:44:35
        Count: 6
        Stack: ...sViewer\Libs\HereBeDragons-1.0\HereBeDragons-1.0.lua:647: in function `GetWorldCoordinatesFromZone'
        ...sViewer\Libs\HereBeDragons-1.0\HereBeDragons-1.0.lua:712: in function `GetZoneDistance'
        ...ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\LibRover-1.0\LibRover-1.0.lua:3609: in function `OnUpdate'
        ...ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\LibRover-1.0\LibRover-1.0.lua:932: in function <...ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\LibRover-1.0\LibRover-1.0.lua:932>

Locals: self = <table> {
        mapData = <table> {
        }
        GetAllMapIDs = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\HereBeDra gons-1.0\HereBeDragons-1.0.lua:629
        gathered = true
        mapToID = <table> {
        }
        continentZoneMap = <table> {
        }
        GetMapFileFromID = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\HereBeDra gons-1.0\HereBeDragons-1.0.lua:579
        GetZoneDistance = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\HereBeDra gons-1.0\HereBeDragons-1.0.lua:711
        RegisterCallback = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Kui_Nameplates_Core\lib\Callback Handler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:118
        GatherMapData = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\HereBeDra gons-1.0\HereBeDragons-1.0.lua:397
        GetNumFloors = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\HereBeDra gons-1.0\HereBeDragons-1.0.lua:615
        GetMapIDFromCZ = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\HereBeDra gons-1.0\HereBeDragons-1.0.lua:586
        TranslateZoneCoordinates = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\HereBeDra gons-1.0\HereBeDragons-1.0.lua:679
        GetWorldDistance = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\HereBeDra gons-1.0\HereBeDragons-1.0.lua:696
        GetPlayerZonePosition = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\HereBeDra gons-1.0\HereBeDragons-1.0.lua:786
        Continents = <table> {
        }
        GetMapIDFromFile = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\HereBeDra gons-1.0\HereBeDragons-1.0.lua:569
        GetWorldCoordinatesFromZone = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\HereBeDra gons-1.0\HereBeDragons-1.0.lua:642
        eventFrame = <unnamed> {
        }
        updateTimerActive = true
        UpdateCurrentPosition = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\HereBeDra gons-1.0\HereBeDragons-1.0.lua:453
        GetMapContinent = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs/HBDragons.lua:19
        callbacks = <table> {
        }
        GetPlayerZone = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\HereBeDra gons-1.0\HereBeDragons-1.0.lua:778
        GetPlayerWorldPosition = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\HereBeDra gons-1.0\HereBeDragons-1.0.lua:766
        GetZoneCoordinatesFromWorld = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\HereBeDra gons-1.0\HereBeDragons-1.0.lua:658
        GetCZFromMapID = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\HereBeDra gons-1.0\HereBeDragons-1.0.lua:595
        transforms = <table> {
        }
        GetLocalizedMap = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\HereBeDra gons-1.0\HereBeDragons-1.0.lua:559
        microDungeons = <table> {
        }
        GetUnitWorldPosition = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\HereBeDra gons-1.0\HereBeDragons-1.0.lua:754
        GetZoneSize = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\HereBeDra gons-1.0\HereBeDragons-1.0.lua:606
        GetWorldVector = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\HereBeDra gons-1.0\HereBeDragons-1.0.lua:731
        UnregisterCallback = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Kui_Nameplates_Core\lib\Callback Handler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:181
        }
        x = nil
        y = nil
        zone = 699
        level = 5
        data = <table> {
        1 = 800.00080108643
        2 = 533.33399963379
        3 = -99.999198913574
        4 = 251.66700744629
        instance = 429
        }
        width = 800.00080108643
        height = 533.33399963379
        left = -99.999198913574
        top = 251.66700744629
        (*temporary) = 5

Comment

That one looks like there might be an addon conflict happening. When you are at the addons listing at the character selection screen do you have the "Load out of date Addons" box checked at the top of that list?

Comment

They are up to date, I downloadesd the updated this morning. I got thrm from wow curse for 7.1

Comment

Just because they have been downloaded from Curse today does not mean that the addons are updated for 7.1. That just means you have the latest version and that latest version could be a year or more old. If you have the addons listing at the character selection screen open and you disable the "Load out of date Addons" check box at the top any addons that are outdated will show as a red text.

Comment

That one looks like there might be an addon conflict happening. When you are at the addons listing at the character selection screen do you have the "Load out of date Addons" box checked at the top of that list?
                Actually, it does not look like an addon conflict at all. It looks like one of your libs has an error that needs to be fixed:

Code:
                Message: ...sViewer\Libs\HereBeDragons-1.0\HereBeDragons-1.0.lua:647: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'x' (a nil value)
                Time: 11/12/16 15:44:35
                Count: 6
                Stack: ...sViewer\Libs\HereBeDragons-1.0\HereBeDragons-1.0.lua:647: in function `GetWorldCoordinatesFromZone'
                ...sViewer\Libs\HereBeDragons-1.0\HereBeDragons-1.0.lua:712: in function `GetZoneDistance'
                ...ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\LibRover-1.0\LibRover-1.0.lua:3609: in function `OnUpdate'
                ...ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\LibRover-1.0\LibRover-1.0.lua:932: in function <...ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\LibRover-1.0\LibRover-1.0.lua:932>
                We reported this weeks ago, and I thought it had been fixed honestly -- but, perhaps something got reverted with the recent updates. Anyway, a coder looking at that call stack should pretty quickly see that there is something at line 647 in HereBeDragons library or one of the calling functions (which is entirely within Zygor Guides or one of Zygor's other libraries.)

Comment

Just because they have been downloaded from Curse today does not mean that the addons are updated for 7.1. That just means you have the latest version and that latest version could be a year or more old. If you have the addons listing at the character selection screen open and you disable the "Load out of date Addons" check box at the top any addons that are outdated will show as a red text.
                  Please re-read my post, I said that the addon was updated to 7.1, so the addon is compatible with wow 7.1, hope this helps!!!!

Comment

Have you tried my test that was in post #2? Please post up an LUA error from that 'clean' state test. When you are in game and you open the guide selection window what does it display in the lower left corner for the version number?

Also, what addon is compatible with WoW 7.1? What are all of the addons you currently have active with the posted LUA errors?
                    Last edited by Zygor Support; November 13, 2016, 01:39 AM.

Comment

This should be fixed in the latest update, please update your guides.
                      http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Comment

Yes I have tried the advice you gave me to the letter, I have now formatted windows 10 and replaces it with windows 7, installed a fresh version of WOW without any addons at all, now I got this problem.

Message: ...ace\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Arrows\3D-Gem\Arrow.lua:40: Usage: ZygorGuidesViewerPointerArrow_3DGemArrow:SetLight( enabled[, omni, dirX, dirY, dirZ, ambIntensity[, ambR, ambG, ambB], dirIntensity[, dirR, dirG, dirB]])
                        Time: 11/15/16 06:48:37
                        Count: 1
                        Stack: [C]: in function `SetLight'
                        ...ace\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Arrows\3D-Gem\Arrow.lua:40: in function `OnLoad'
                        ...ace\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Arrows\3D-Gem\Arrow.lua:19: in function `CreateFrame'
                        Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:111 5: in function `SetupArrow'
                        Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:110 9: in function `CreateArrowFrame'
                        Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:309 8: in function `SetArrowSkin'
                        Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Options.lua:959 : in function <Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Options.lua:95 5>
                        (tail call): ?
                        [C]: ?
                        [string "safecall Dispatcher[2]"]:9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[2]"]:5>
                        ...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:799: in function <...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:614>
                        [string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:5>
                        ...Ons\ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0.lua:314: in function `Fire'
                        ...er\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-DropDown.lua:442: in function <...er\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-DropDown.lua:433>
                        [C]: ?
                        [string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:5>
                        ...Ons\ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0.lua:314: in function `Fire'
                        ...s\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-DropDown-Items.lua:351: in function <...s\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-DropDown-Items.lua:341>

Just restarted the game again and BAM this happens, 13 pages of LUA's

Message: ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:825: ERROR in startup frame 1: ...ace\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Arrows\3D-Gem\Arrow.lua:40: Usage: ZygorGuidesViewerPointerArrow_3DGemArrow:SetLight( enabled[, omni, dirX, dirY, dirZ, ambIntensity[, ambR, ambG, ambB], dirIntensity[, dirR, dirG, dirB]])
                        in
                        [C]: in function `SetLight'
                        ...ace\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Arrows\3D-Gem\Arrow.lua:40: in function `OnLoad'
                        ...ace\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Arrows\3D-Gem\Arrow.lua:19: in function `CreateFrame'
                        Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:110 9: in function `CreateArrowFrame'
                        Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:309 8: in function `SetArrowSkin'
                        Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:91: in function `Startup'
                        ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:623: in function <...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesView er.lua:596>

Time: 11/15/16 06:59:16
                        Count: 1
                        Stack: [C]: in function `error'
                        ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:825: in function `StartupStep'
                        Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\MasterFrame.lua :6: in function <Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\MasterFrame.lu a:4>

Locals: (*temporary) = "ERROR in startup frame 1: ...ace\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Arrows\3D-Gem\Arrow.lua:40: Usage: ZygorGuidesViewerPointerArrow_3DGemArrow:SetLight( enabled[, omni, dirX, dirY, dirZ, ambIntensity[, ambR, ambG, ambB], dirIntensity[, dirR, dirG, dirB]])
                        in
                        [C]: in function `SetLight'
                        Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:91: in function `Startup'
                        ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:623: in function <...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesView er.lua:596>

Because of these 13 pages of errors, I have to disable the guide as it is constantly on screen. Also I can't change with arrow at all as it always stuck on midnight and have no arrow at all on screen.

Update!! I got rid of the cach folder, uninstalled the guide, files in the WTF. reinstalled the guide and I have managed to change the arrow to cloqwerks, but I still have no arrow pointer on screen, except when I have finished the quest, the arrow then shows up and points me the way to the next quest!!!
                        "
                        Last edited by mrwaggle4; November 15, 2016, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Go to your WoW/WTF/Account/<accountname>/SavedVariables folder and delete the Zygor files in there. This will reset the guide viewer in game. Do not change the arrow skin when you go back in game. The non-default skins are currently broken and will be removed when the new re-worked settings are released.

Comment

Tried it earlier and did not work, so you're guide is broken and yet you charge ppl for it?? Strange indeed, I'm in the wrong job. Please re-read my last post, I said I did your advice to the letter and nadah. I still have no arrow pointer on screen, except when I have finished the quest, the arrow then shows up and points me the way to the next quest!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mrwaggle4 View Post
                              Tried it earlier and did not work, so you're guide is broken and yet you charge ppl for it?? Strange indeed, I'm in the wrong job. Please re-read my last post, I said I did your advice to the letter and nadah. I still have no arrow pointer on screen, except when I have finished the quest, the arrow then shows up and points me the way to the next quest!!!
                              Hmm, sounds like you're encountering an issue that's hard to pinpoint the cause of. Rather than have you keep trying different troubleshooting solutions, I suggest you contact technical support via our support page and request a live support session. This will allow us to share your screen and install the guides for you to make sure everything gets setup properly. http://support.zygorguides.com/
                              Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Working...
                              X