Guides seen via Viewer on one toon but not another

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guides seen via Viewer on one toon but not another

Hello. I can view the guides thru the viewer on one toon on my realm, but the remaining 2 of my 3 on that realm i cannot. I have repaired, uninstalled and reinstalled until i'm blue in the face but nothing changes. Guides are in correct directory etc but why is it that only 1 of 3 toons' guides can be viewed. weird.

Does the guide viewer not show up at all or does it "only" not show any guides?
    In case the viewer does not show up please check if the ZygorGuidesViewer addon is active on all characters (in game press escape, then click addons).
    It is possible to deactivate and activate addons only for specific characters, you can select the character or all characters in that screen and set the check mark in the addons list.

Comment

The guide viewer shows up on all the 3 toons, but only on one of them does the viewer show the guides. The other two toons guide is minus the actual guides.

Comment

I've never seen something like this happening, normally it would either show the guides on all characters or never.
        Or people bought guides for only one faction and wonder why they see no guides after a faction change but as you are subscriber and already reinstalled the guides it should be fine even in that case.

When you click the guide selection arrow in the viewer window and then select home in the top left, do you see the categories (leveling, loremaster, dailies...)?
        And does the addon put something in the chat like "3733 guides loaded"?

Comment

When I click the guide selectgion arrow in the viewer window and then select home in the top left, there are no categories showing at all. And there is nothing in chat showing as you indicated. The one good toon shows all of this. Weird.

Comment

The only thing that comes in my mind is resetting all guide settings.
            To do that go into the WoW\WTF\Account\ACCOUNTNAME\SavedVariables folder and rename the ZygorGuidesViewer.lua file.
            This will reset all guide setting, just in case the settings file is corrupt.
            I suggest renaming because if this does not help you can delete the newly created file and rename the old one back.

Edit: and of course try with only the Zygor addon running and all other addons disabled. Though I don't think this is an addon conflict you never know.
            Last edited by Cartman; October 28, 2016, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Yeah, deleting the Zygor files in the SavedVariables folder to reset the guides should solve the problem with the guides not showing at all in the guide selection window.
              Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
              http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
              http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

thank you. i shall attempt it later tonight.

EDIT: ok. I did what Cartman suggested but I did his second idea first i.e. turn off all addons and just run Zygor. Zygor worked. So, as a process of elimination, I loaded all my addons one at a time until Zygor stopped working. It stopped working when I loaded my UI addon which is ElvUI. Now, inside ElvUI is something called Chat Tweaks (about 3 or 4 things) so i knew the problem was something to do with ElvUI. I turned off the items that I thought it could do without which were Chat Tweaks. I also don't run the Shadows and Light thingee in elvUI so it wasn't turned on in the first place so it probably wasn't that.

So, in the end, all my addons are reloaded EXCEPT the Chat Tweaks portion of ElvUI and Zygor is back up and running on 1 of the 2 toons that it didn't work with. So i did the same with the other toon and Zygor worked fine. The second toon did have Chat Tweaks activated so I unchecked them.

Why, out of the 3 toons on same realm, faction etc, 1 zygor activation worked and 2 didn't I can only put down to having the Chat Tweak activated on the 2 and not on the 1 (if u know what i mean)

Thanks for your assistance.
                Last edited by philo; October 28, 2016, 05:22 AM. Reason: Result of further investigations of possible solution

Comment

Glad you found out what is causing this.
                  I still wonder why a chat addon would mess up the Zygor guide, especially only the loading of the guides.

Why it works on one char and not on another might be a slightly different configuration.
                  Often addons have settings profiles (like the Zygor addon does). If the ElvUI chat addon uses character specific profiles you can try loading up the character that has the conflict and either copy the chat addon's settings over from another character or even switch the used profile to the one from the other character.

Comment

Nah! Look, it's now working and probably not worth the time and effort to mess around with chat tweaks that I can do without. Why it did this, I don't know. I'll leave that to ppl who know what they're doing, not me. Thanks for all your help. Great service.

Comment

Working...
                    X